Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well I love RamFan503 and Primetime for the job they do. The one they call X is a slacker though.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I understand blue. But it is disrespectful. Saying a pro player is playing at a high school level just is. It certainly is not the worst insult I've seen and I hope you got that from my earlier response.

Talking about how he is playing and where he is playing below expectations is fine. I think we all expect improvement from GRob. Whether it is a wasted pick will depend on that improvement. Not sure any one of us would agree on what that level of improvement is before it becomes a wasted pick and not just one that shouldn't in hind sight have been taken that high - but I can see that point.

Personally, if he remains a starter and even if he slides in at Guard, I don't feel it is a wasted pick. A gamble that didn't work? Yeah - I'd give it that. Of course the NFL is full of those so....

Anyway, it gets pretty tough around here after losses. Especially after losses I think most of us expected not to happen. I will probably always be hammering home the respect factor here after such losses. I seriously wish I didn't feel the need and I hope you understand that .

I didn't mean he was playing at a high school level, I meant he looked as lost as a freshman playing high school ball. It would be the same as saying he looks like a practice squad player in a playoff game. That's all that was intended.

Moving him to guard, well I've been beating that dead horse for awhile. I think he'd be dominant there, and definitely not a blown pick. But you know LT mystique and all.. Personally I think finding a new LT and moving him to LG would be a huge step towards fielding a top notch OL. People compare his development to Pace's, I'm afraid I don't see the pass blocking potential of Pace.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
was only being honest. i apologize. wasn't trying to insult. I myself have not posted a single bad thing about Foles without making sure to give fair reasonable criticism as too why. I simple wished to share my opinion and maybe a thread request. without insult. it was simply an honest thought and opinion. I just don't think you needed to come at me that hard
Come at you that hard? Don't give me that. You accuse us of censoring because we won't allow members to call Foles garbage as if that has ever been acceptable here. And putting up a sticky designed to allow members to throw names at Foles because they "shouldn't have to constantly repeat the same complaints and criticisms"? WTF?

You think I came at you hard? This kind of logic makes me think I didn't come at you hard enough.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I didn't mean he was playing at a high school level, I meant he looked as lost as a freshman playing high school ball. It would be the same as saying he looks like a practice squad player in a playoff game. That's all that was intended.

Moving him to guard, well I've been beating that dead horse for awhile. I think he'd be dominant there, and definitely not a blown pick. But you know LT mystique and all.. Personally I think finding a new LT and moving him to LG would be a huge step towards fielding a top notch OL. People compare his development to Pace's, I'm afraid I don't see the pass blocking potential of Pace.
I didn't get that out of it blue but I can see where you are coming from with it. I might just suggest talking about what he's doing, rather than making a comparison. We're beating a dead horse though.

As far as your second paragraph, yeah - I'd agree to an extent. I am not convinced we have a better option at LT and I suspect the coaches feel the same. I also think he will improve. Even with that, do we see him slide inside? Quite possible. I don't see Pace like abilities either but that's a pretty high bar. I do see a kid who is still younger than many rookie LTs struggling but still flashing at times. I am still holding out hope that he becomes a very good LT. I don't think he will end up being a wasted pick.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I didn't get that out of it blue but I can see where you are coming from with it. I might just suggest talking about what he's doing, rather than making a comparison. We're beating a dead horse though.

As far as your second paragraph, yeah - I'd agree to an extent. I am not convinced we have a better option at LT and I suspect the coaches feel the same. I also think he will improve. Even with that, do we see him slide inside? Quite possible. I don't see Pace like abilities either but that's a pretty high bar. I do see a kid who is still younger than many rookie LTs struggling but still flashing at times. I am still holding out hope that he becomes a very good LT. I don't think he will end up being a wasted pick.

This year, no we don't have any option at all, which is another complaint I've had about the make up of this line. If he gets hurt what do we do? It's like we took a GRob or bust mentality this year. At least Mike Person was capable of playing a game or two there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This year, no we don't have any option at all, which is another complaint I've had about the make up of this line. If he gets hurt what do we do? It's like we took a GRob or bust mentality this year. At least Mike Person was capable of playing a game or two there.
Guess we'll just hope his youthful bones and tissue hold up then. :cool: Can't really argue with you here. I have also been one to hammer the O-line building process. I just have to hope this young unit grows.

Cheers man.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Guess we'll just hope his youthful bones and tissue hold up then. :cool: Can't really argue with you here. I have also been one to hammer the O-line building process. I just have to hope this young unit grows.

Cheers man.

I think RH at RT has grown some. Not totally sold on Brown but Barnes and Reynolds have been decent veterans. I just don't see a lot of "starters" in our starting OL. Oh well, hopefully I'm proven completely wrong.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So how's this conversation going?

nvrmnd.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
I really believe Foles is the best in this division.

Wilson is not a good passing QB. Hits are taking a toll on him already
Palmer is old and is one injury away from ending his career
9ers don't have a backup QB. Forget about starting QB.

Foles is a true young QB and can play standing in the pocket spreading the ball around. I really believe in the long term he is is best option.
I have been critical of Foles, but, I think he has a chance at developing into the best in the division. Palmer is head and shoulders above him now, but, in fairness he should be. Palmer is a veteran QB that has been to Pro Bowls and is playing at that level now.
How much longer will Palmer play? Who knows? 38 seems to be the new 34 for NFL QBs....hopefully he decides to go hang out at the beach soon.
Wilson is an interesting QB to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
Foles is playing terribly, but who could we possibly start that will be better? Keenum? Mannion? They don't inspire too much confidence in me.
I just don't know, man. We need to figure this offense out quick though, before we blow our playoff chances.
The Rams don't have many options, so, ever forward.
At some point it has to get better in the passing game. Why not this week vs the Bears at home. The Rams won back to back games, took a close loss on the road and have a great opportunity to put together back to back wins again. Could Keenum do better? Maybe. Who knows? Foles is the starter with a paycheck to prove it....he is staying in. 6-4 is right around he corner I think and doesn't look half bad. The Falcons are fading, Minnesota has a brutal schedule coming up....its not a dire as it seems right now.

BlackSheep

UDFA
Question for those who have seen games in person (forgive me if this has already been discussed)...

Is it me or do Foles' passes hang in the air forever? Even the short ones and especially the outs take forever to get to their target. Does this guy ever throw darts? I remember thinking that when we played the Eagles.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Question for those who have seen games in person (forgive me if this has already been discussed)...

Is it me or do Foles' passes hang in the air forever? Even the short ones and especially the outs take forever to get to their target. Does this guy ever throw darts? I remember thinking that when we played the Eagles.

It's an interesting thought when you consider the drop rate.

With Bradford, he seemed to throw too hard in some situations, leading to drops.

With Foles, the ball is clearly not as hard, but we see too many drops.

Foles has a strong enough arm to make all he throws, but it seems his ball floats a little to me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@RamFan503
I was wondering where you were.....Hey man, I try to describe the play...I never mean to disrespect a player...I know how tough this game is....Billion dollar game, and geniuses trying to win.... Mannion has the tools to succeed, With the type of game we play, as many have noted, a big play here or there would/will win most games.... I think a 4 year college QB can do this....and learn how to take us further in the future....
Would it stunt our team this year....meh, who knows? I don't see a seriously complicated offense. I see a bunch of screen passes....misdirection....and max protections...all to "protect" the QB. I think this offense needs a smart mind to execute it....With all that said...Something looks wrong with Foles...Some of his throws...some of the misses....Like he's terrified of making a mistake...and he's terrified of the pressure....Which isn't like him....I've seen him in college take serious heat....Gets up after the worst hits...And would stand in and do it all over again. I can't put my finger on it... He's taken some pressure this year....but really, not a bunch of hits and sacks.... Not an extraordinary amount, but what would be expected from playing tough defenses....When teams sell out, the QB's job is to make them pay....Or they will continue to emphasize putting pressure on the QB...Hence, he will continue to get hit...
and my main point..
Plainly put, IMO if he doesn't show improvement by the end of the year I would consider him a wasted pick at #2 overall.
Blue, I just notice a bunch of guys ALWAYS point out G-Rob looks like this, he looks like that...he's not doing his job....G-Rob, by my estimation, has started a total of 43 games as a LT in college and pros.....43
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Robinson_(offensive_tackle)
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/greg_robinson_a_better_player.html
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/..._helping_clear_wa.html#incart_related_stories

And honestly, he may get out of position, but I don't see his man destroying plays....I remember watching Barksdale this past Monday, virtually let Rivers get hit on back to back plays thinking, I haven't see G-Rob do ANYTHING like this, why do people rag on him all the time? We ran for 166 yards vs the Vikings...I think this is the 4th straight game of OVER 150 ypg....Yeah it's Gurley, Tavon, and a lil Mason & Benny, but it's 166 yards....How can the O-Line be so awful? How can G-Rob be so terrible? QB's get hit....See my statements above on how you slow the rush...wait, I'll help, COMPLETE SOME PASSES!!!! Foles has only been sacked....wait, let me look it up, 12 times....12....For some reason, if a QB doesn't have 5 seconds, gets hit, or the rushing lanes aren't as wide as the 405 fwy at 2am, the line isn't doing their job....Really?
I've looked at the wrs too....and yeah they drop a few....so do a bunch of prominent wrs in the league...so did a guy I just watched...name of Matthews....You know who went right to him, in OT?!? Building team confidence? Showing....not that word again (no not body language)...but showing leadership...Not talking about it, being about it...going to your teammate in the clutch moment...lifting him up....edifying...It's not all about rah-rah, leadership...I like the silent types...if a bunch of people gotta claim you're a leader...you're probably not...esp. if you haven't played a game yet....and another point...How would Cook know what a leader looks like? And I like Cook too...shut up, and catch the rock...
This team has too much talent to be 4-4....we need a shake up...We need some hope...A young hot QB could bring that...4-4 looks a lot like 8-8 to me...If not Mannion, then Keenum....:icare:
Rant over....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll tell you what. I've never claimed to be infallible. But I have always acted in what I feel is the best interest of keeping this site from being like many others. It has always been the policy of this site to not allow derogatory comments toward our players, anyone in the organization, or fellow members. I am not about to change that now because YOU feel censored.

We have done nothing to crack down on respectful discussion of how people view Foles as a QB of our team. I have been critical as well. But if your view is that you should be able to express that by calling him garbage, you are posting on the wrong board.
[av]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/ryan/love.mp3[/av]

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A nice well played win on Sunday will make the perfect antidote

Shuie3225

Starter
I have to say I'm disappointed with the censorship as well..disrespecting a fellow member shouldn't be allowed whatsoever and I agree with that. But not being able to state our opinion becaus you feel its disrespecting a player or part of our team is unfair.

When people don't perform they should be held accountable for their performance. And to sit here and say Foles is fine...hes not that bad...he needs to improve...or he doesn't have enough around him is BS.

He is not playing well at all. His performance has been GARBAGE so far this season. If that gets be banned from this website because I'm stating my opinion, and one that's shared by many on here and around football, then so be it.

We are fans...we're fanatics. We're supposed to call out our players when they're not playing well and speculate on what needs to be done to improve the team. I love the Rams and always want us to win. But censoring us for stating the obvious is a joke IMO. We all need to take a step back and really look at what type of fans we are.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For the love of Pete; stop with the censorship crap!

All we're trying to do is keep the conversation enjoyable. Last I checked we are all here for fun, right?

Continually ragging on players is the issue. Critiquing them is not.

Like all of you; I love this team. I get frustrated with them. I see poor play. I don't mind calling it out. But if I wanted miserable experience I'd just hang out at the PD.

jjab360

Legend
Personally, I fully understand ROD'S take on respecting our team and it's players. There's a line between constructive criticism and trashing players. Calling Foles garbage is quite literally trashing a player. There's other boards for that BS.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have to say I'm disappointed with the censorship as well..disrespecting a fellow member shouldn't be allowed whatsoever and I agree with that. But not being able to state our opinion becaus you feel its disrespecting a player or part of our team is unfair.

When people don't perform they should be held accountable for their performance. And to sit here and say Foles is fine...hes not that bad...he needs to improve...or he doesn't have enough around him is BS.

He is not playing well at all. His performance has been GARBAGE so far this season. If that gets be banned from this website because I'm stating my opinion, and one that's shared by many on here and around football, then so be it.

We are fans...we're fanatics. We're supposed to call out our players when they're not playing well and speculate on what needs to be done to improve the team. I love the Rams and always want us to win. But censoring us for stating the obvious is a joke IMO. We all need to take a step back and really look at what type of fans we are.
You're disappointed with the censorship? That's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is here. This site was created to provide a place where people could read and talk about the team in an environment free of phrases like "[So and so] is garbage", or "[So and so] is a fucking moron", or "[So and so] needs to be fired, cut, traded right fucking now." That's the way it is and that's the end of it. You can scream that stuff in the streets at the top of your lungs, and you'll be perfectly within your rights and free of recourse. Message boards don't adhere to the 1st Amendment, and they don't have to. So we don't. We laid out a set of rules, and people joined up with the understanding that those are the rules they would live by. If you missed those rules, they're easy to find in the Terms of Conditions at the bottom of the site.

Wanna say his performance is GARBAGE? That's fine. Wanna say Foles is GARBAGE? That's not fine.

If other people wanna voice their opinion that Foles isn't a problem, and that there are other problems that directly affect his performance, or that there isn't enough around him, then that's the basis of a debate of which you (and I) can participate. It's not BS at all simply because you don't believe it. And you're not being censored for stating the obvious. If you were censored, it's because you broke a rule. Deal with it and don't make the same mistake again. If I can do it, so can you. If you can't, then find a place where you feel your uncensored criticisms are more widely tolerated. You don't think I'd like to light into a player simply because I don't like him as a player? You think I wouldn't like to call Jared Cook or Stedman Bailey names? I do. But I do it in the confines of my home. On here, I respect the rules and the environment this board is trying to cultivate and maintain. So we don't "all need to step back and really look at what type of fans we are." What we need to do is follow some pretty simple fucking rules and decide if those are the rules we wanna live with while we're here. If not, there are other options out there so we can take our show on the road. If so, then all we have to do is chill out a little before we convey our thoughts.

It's not that difficult.