Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And again you moved away from the question. You posted the US has done the most testing, I posted BS.Prove It.

I posted we have the worst numbers while only having 4.2 of the population . Prove me wrong Post It.

I have seen numbers like 177 died because of the FLU BS, of 45 Mill plus cases of the Flu in 2017 18 only 61 thou died and 2018 of 35 plus mill cases 34.2 thou died.Why why why would anyone post Flu numbers when it doesn;t start till December lmmfao.

Again we have the highest numbers in the world Because ?

Lord if 46 mill people got got the the Flu and 61 thou died and 8 or 8.5 mill got Covid with 220 thou plus died it tells you everything.
You don’t understand numbers despite your claim to be a numbers guy. 177,000 people died in 2017-2018 due to the influenza, pneumonia, and complications arising FROM pneumonia and influenza. That’s a fact directly from the CDC.

Know the difference between then and now? Nobody dies from complications anymore. They die from Covid. There’s no such thing as a comorbidity, apparently, because if you die with Covid, you died OF Covid. That’s also from the CDC and how they code deaths. It goes right to the top of the death certificate whether you had heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or fell off a ladder.

And finally, per the CDC (again):

“For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.” Translation: Comorbidity.

So riddle me this, “numbers guy”. If 6% of deaths are only from Covid, and nothing else, then what are people dying of if they also have another serious illness or two at the time of death? Here’s a hint, and it won’t be subtle. A FUCKING COMORBIDITY THAT INFLUENZA OR PNEUMONIA COULD ALSO EXACERBATE AND CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR DEATH.

I said I was done, but you keep thumping around in here with South Korea and U.S. death numbers without any semblance of context or reason. We’ve been debating this stuff for a while now and a great many points have been covered. None of which are erased because you have a hard-on for a Country that has 15% of our population and you know how to parrot CNN’s daily death count news ticker.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorite numbers are facts :D There's no point in trying to use logic in these discussions. People ignore them 100%, follow the science!! they say, well only if it's science they agree with. Numbers are numbers! if you can trust the numbers.

We've gone from isolating and protecting the at risk to isolating everybody. The response to this by the experts has not only changed with the wind it has been completely fucked up on it's head from day one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now damnit I was drawn back into this thread by silliness and I'm making another quick exit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now damnit I was drawn back into this thread by silliness and I'm making another quick exit.
I know, right?

Let's get the hell outta here, OldSchool.

40860479f6bc0db184b39093adaa62dd.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ladies and Gentleman, Excuse the interruption

Paging @OldSchool and @-X-
I repeat
Paging Old School and -X-

You are required to return to the Boobies thread immediately
I repeat
You are required to return to the Boobies thread immediately!

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
You don’t understand numbers despite your claim to be a numbers guy. 177,000 people died in 2017-2018 due to the influenza, pneumonia, and complications arising FROM pneumonia and influenza. That’s a fact directly from the CDC.

Know the difference between then and now? Nobody dies from complications anymore. They die from Covid. There’s no such thing as a comorbidity, apparently, because if you die with Covid, you died OF Covid. That’s also from from the CDC and how they code deaths. It goes right to the top of the death certificate whether you had heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or fell off a ladder.

And finally, per the CDC (again):

“For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.” Translation: Comorbidity.

So riddle me this, “numbers guy”. If 6% of deaths are only from Covid, and nothing else, then what are people dying of if they also have another serious illness or two at the time of death? Here’s a hint, and it won’t be subtle. A FUCKING COMORBIDITY THAT INFLUENZA OR PNEUMONIA COULD ALSO EXACERBATE AND CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR DEATH.

I said I was done, but you keep thumping around in here with South Korea and U.S. death numbers without any semblance of context or reason. We’ve been debating this stuff for a while now and a great many points have been covered. None of which are erased because you have a hard-on for a Country that has 15% of our population and know how to parrot CNN’s daily death count news ticker.
The Flu season isn't from April thru Oct,duh.

No Sense in me going further with your made up numbers drivel etc etc.

Honestly Hope things get better for you,I mean that sincerely bro.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That instance where a logical point is so obvious yet it still buzzes some peoples tower and they're simply unable to understand a logical argument.

Exiting again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Untitled.gif

Never mind, man.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
That instance where a logical point is so obvious yet it still buzzes some peoples tower and they're simply unable to understand a logical argument.

Exiting again.
And who wanted an agrument ?

All I have been posting again and again, the U.S could have done better, can do better.

Any retard could understand that.

I explained to a certain member why I would no longer debate him and wished him the best.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And who wanted an agrument ?

All I have been posting again and again, the U.S could have done better, can do better.

Any retard could understand that.

I explained to a certain member why I would no longer debate him and wished him the best.
Bit of irony you using that derogatory term after having read your comments in this thread. Also argument isn't a negative term and isn't always contentious or heated or angry especially when numbers and mathematics are involved. But we're wasting our time in here.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've been noticing a lot of blame as we near the election. The president should have stopped it. Maybe park some battleships and carriers on both coasts and repel the virus? Makes as much sense as thinking it could be stopped. The whole world couldn't stop it. Well, I think North Korea isn't having any problems. Maybe we should go that route?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe park some battleships and carriers on both coasts and repel the virus?
Come now, he was and still is called a racist xenophobe for the travel ban. Actually I'll stop there even that is too political and is just inviting more silly arguments.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I've been noticing a lot of blame as we near the election. The president should have stopped it. Maybe park some battleships and carriers on both coasts and repel the virus? Makes as much sense as thinking it could be stopped. The whole world couldn't stop it. Well, I think North Korea isn't having any problems. Maybe we should go that route?
It's S Korea,f that a whole in the N.

While having 1 7th of the population, S Korea has 495 times less death.

And with all the numbers combined they have 1 78th of the mortality rate. That means 78 more times people die here than there.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Bit of irony you using that derogatory term after having read your comments in this thread. Also argument isn't a negative term and isn't always contentious or heated or angry especially when numbers and mathematics are involved. But we're wasting our time in here.
I just want us to do better and get back to normal.

Peace Out brother.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I've been noticing a lot of blame as we near the election. The president should have stopped it.

Can’t stop it but how about reducing the number of cases? What could have been done?

Simple stuff.

Instead of mocking it, simply encourage wearing masks and social distancing.

Instead of making states responsible, have a national testing and contact tracing program.

Instead of encouraging states to reopen before CDC guidelines were satisfied, just follow those guidelines that recommended a two week decline in numbers before initiating a phased in reopening.

U.S. has the best science in the history of the world. How about instead of undermining it, simply following it.

The countries and states that have done these simple things over the past 5 months have done better.

We are so divided that we can’t even agree that masks help limit the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.