Clemens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams will win 5 games tops this year. They will be drafting in the 4th to 6th range. That my friends is a pathetic football team. NOT a competitive football team.

And Clemens is not the major reason. I think Clemens could win games with a good football team.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't put a loss on any one player, but his turnover at the end of the game resulting in the game winning TD sure didn't help us win.
Much like last week. If he doesn't turn the ball over twice last week, we most likely win.

If you want to blame someone on that particular play, blame Smith. He blew his block big time.

Last week is a different story...Not defending that performance.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Not trying to start a big mess here.......

But KC just put up a game that is nearly identical stat wise to Bradford's career averages. He more or less delivered what the starter typically does.

Perhaps in some regard, but Clemens has 2 INT's and a lost fumble in 3 games. (and just 1 TD).
Compare that with Sam's last two games and the numbers aren't even close.

Clemens certainly moved the ball some today but I don't think it's unfair to say that in the two games he has started he's done more to contribute to the loss than putting us in a position to win. Stats don't lie on that. And Kellen has had the benefit of over 300 yards rushng in his two game while Sam's last two was about 157.
And before that, well, we all know the running game was terrible.

Kellen has played pretty well for him. But he's a very average QB and that's on our FO for not making sure we were in a little better shape if Sam got hurt.
Let's see what happens when we're on the road. I want him to do great, I just don't think he can. If he could, he wouldn't be a backup.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
When has

But KC just put up a game that is nearly identical stat wise to Bradford's career averages. He more or less delivered what the starter typically does.

When has Sam ever had a running back run for 120 yards and 2 TDs? A running game helps the receivers and open receivers help the QB. Just ask Krapondick and Wilson...both have average receivers but solid running games and both QBs seem to produce.

To go further on that point, the 49ers wernt pounding the rock earlier in the season and it looked like Colon was headed for slump, but once that running game took off, he's looked good.

V3

Hall of Fame

KC has an awesome defense. Who the hell knows what the Rams will do on D from week to week?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
KC has an awesome defense. Who the hell knows what the Rams will do on D from week to week?

LOL. No arguing that. That's the biggest surprise. I think we all thought that would be the most consistent piece of the team. Who knows what went wrong there.

V3

Hall of Fame
I blame the guy that fumbled the ball. I'd blame Sam just the same.

He wouldn't have fumbled if Smith did his job even half way. A 190ish pound guy getting hit by a nearly 300 pound guy usually doesn't bode well for a QB.

I just can't blame him for that

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Perhaps in some regard, but Clemens has 2 INT's and a lost fumble in 3 games. (and just 1 TD).
Compare that with Sam's last two games and the numbers aren't even close.

Clemens certainly moved the ball some today but I don't think it's unfair to say that in the two games he has started he's done more to contribute to the loss than putting us in a position to win. Stats don't lie on that. And Kellen has had the benefit of over 300 yards rushng in his two game while Sam's last two was about 157.
And before that, well, we all know the running game was terrible.

Kellen has played pretty well for him. But he's a very average QB and that's on our FO for not making sure we were in a little better shape if Sam got hurt.
Let's see what happens when we're on the road. I want him to do great, I just don't think he can. If he could, he wouldn't be a backup.

Ok.......but what do you want out of a backup? Do you expect him to outperform the starter?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Ok.......but what do you want out of a backup? Do you expect him to outperform the starter?
Fair question. No, but I want him to manage the game as best he can. I don't think he's done a horrible job overall, but I do think the turnovers he is responsible for have cost us 2 games.

That's just my opinion.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He wouldn't have fumbled if Smith did his job even half way. A 190ish pound guy getting hit by a nearly 300 pound guy usually doesn't bode well for a QB.

I just can't blame him for that

Clemens is 6'2 220lbs. It wasn't like he got rocked. He got stripped.

We don't agree, that's ok. But every person that has the ball in their hands is paid to hold onto it. If Austin get's hit and fumbles is it not his fault? He's 45lbs smaller than Clemens.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This game was not lost as a result of Clemens' play.

If you want to point fingers at the loss... point them at Cunningham's mystery fumble at the 10 yard line ( I saw a TD happening there},,, and GZ's missed FG. That's 10 fucking points taken off of the board right there.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This game was not lost as a result of Clemens' play.

If you want to point fingers at the loss... point them at Cunningham's mystery fumble at the 10 yard line ( I saw a TD happening there},,, and GZ's missed FG. That's 10 freaking points taken off of the board right there.

I don't know bro- I really do hate to blame any one person but put it this way, it was a tie game. Kellen fumbles, next play is a TD.
Regardless of anything else that happened in the rest of the game, it was TIED at the time.

I hear what you are saying, we had our chances, that's for sure. How do you feel about last week then?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Win as a team, lose as a team.
None of the players are pointing fingers. Why are we?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
You're right- Just frustrated bro. Tired of the what if's and would of could of. Wish our luck would change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know bro- I really do hate to blame any one person but put it this way, it was a tie game. Kellen fumbles, next play is a TD.
Regardless of anything else that happened in the rest of the game, it was TIED at the time.

I hear what you are saying, we had our chances, that's for sure. How do you feel about last week then?

I feel bad for Clemens. I am an ultra competitive person. Can only imagine he is too. Gotta be difficult as a competitive person accepting that you just don't have that talent.

And that isn't meant as a slight. He just doesn't have a strong enough arm. Gotta be tough to be in that situation.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I feel bad for Clemens. I am an ultra competitive person. Can only imagine he is too. Gotta be difficult as a competitive person accepting that you just don't have that talent.

And that isn't meant as a slight. He just doesn't have a strong enough arm. Gotta be tough to be in that situation.
How would you know? You didn't watch the game.

He was throwing lasers out there today. Threading the needle like a seamstress on steroids.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
How would you know? You didn't watch the game.

He was throwing lasers out there today. Threading the needle like a seamstress on steroids.

I will admit, this throw was impressive. Cook wasn't even open yet when he let it go.
Who knows, maybe the more he plays the better things will get. We have some tough games coming though.
I wish Shotty would just take the govenor off this bitch already though.