Clemens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think that's as good as Clemens can play. They put up 21 pts on offense. That's their limit with Clemens at QB.

The defense/STs will have to score to get more than 21 pts.

So I'm not complaining at all about Clemens. The remainder of this year for me is about hoping other young guys step up like Stacy did.

Clemens is just so limited. He can't throw deep at all. And he's not very accurate on the intermediate stuff. The talent just isn't there. But I highly doubt we get anything better out of the other QBs, and surely not enough more to make a difference.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm fine with what Clemens did today. People shouldn't expect huge numbers from a backup. Others need to step up their game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wish Clemens could throw well beyond 10 yards. If he could do that, he wouldn't be so bad....kinda.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm pretty sure Sam knows the system now, I'm hoping for a QB 4th round. QB class looks pretty solid top to bottom.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I can see why we kept Clemens,I disagree 21 is his limit and strongly believe if he had ALL the first team snaps throughout training camp we'd probably have the same record we do now and maybe win the Seattle game.
That is not to say he is or ever could be as good as Sam ,but I reject the idea that after two weeks with the 1's he's reached his ceiling with them

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think that's as good as Clemens can play. They put up 21 pts on offense. That's their limit with Clemens at QB.

The defense/STs will have to score to get more than 21 pts.

So I'm not complaining at all about Clemens. The remainder of this year for me is about hoping other young guys step up like Stacy did.

Clemens is just so limited. He can't throw deep at all. And he's not very accurate on the intermediate stuff. The talent just isn't there. But I highly doubt we get anything better out of the other QBs, and surely not enough more to make a difference.
This.
no two ways about it. The guy just needs to not lose us games, we cant expect him to win them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I thought Clemens played well enough.

Collectively, the offense wasn't good enough. To me; today's loss was not on Clemens shoulders.

Slappy967

Starter
Clemens was solid but uneven when we needed him most and that fumble did cost us the game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Collectively, the offense wasn't good enough. To me; today's loss was not on Clemens shoulders.

Agree, as much as i don't like Clemens, he impressed me over last week. He was solid. Still wish we had a better backup, but he did what he could and didn't make mistakes. Game might of been much different if the wr's catch the balls. He still isn't clutch though, which is why he is a back up.

tonyl711

Starter
well concidering BC fumbled on like the 10 yard line and GZ missed a FG, that would have been 31 points he managed right there, he is a carreer back up and there is a reason for that, but he hasn't played bad for a back up IMO.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
He played well enough for a win today.

I'd say a fumble, missed fg and bad run D is what lost the game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd say a fumble, missed fg and bad run D is what lost the game.

Absolutely agree.

Make the FG and at the very least get a FG instead of Cunningham's fumble and we are at 27pts... that's good enough to win on most Sunday's.

Slappy967

Starter
Valid point. I think the Clemens fumble just was extra crushing for me as it extinguished what was left of my hope of a win today.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Not trying to start a big mess here.......

But KC just put up a game that is nearly identical stat wise to Bradford's career averages. He more or less delivered what the starter typically does.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm fine with what Clemens did today. People shouldn't expect huge numbers from a backup. Others need to step up their game.

Well- Foles is a backup and threw for 7 TD's today.
Backups are still professionals.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well- Foles is a backup and threw for 7 TD's today.
Backups are still professionals.

7 TD's is unrealistic for even the best starting QB in the NFL. Some teams are going to have better backups than others. They usually have better backups because they INVEST more in them. The Rams didn't do that, most likely because there were too many other holes to fill on this team. That being said, Clemens was not the reason the Rams lost today.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought Clemens played hard and did well but the throw to Tavon could've been 6 points, and obviously the fumble was huge in this game. But overall, I thought he played just like a backup QB is supposed to. He did enough to win the game, but the defense gave up too many points.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I thought he played a helluva game. Two plays that stood out to me were the offsides on the Titans, the pocket was collapsing but was still able to get the ball off and get a nice gain without the penalty, and the jump pass to Bailey.

The fumble was a result of the pocket collapsing, KC realizing that, and the defender hitting him just as he was bringing the ball back to his body.

If Clemens plays like he did today, or a level similar to it, week in and week out, the Rams will be in a lot of games and have an opportunity to win.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
7 TD's is unrealistic for even the best starting QB in the NFL. Some teams are going to have better backups than others. They usually have better backups because they INVEST more in them. The Rams didn't do that, most likely because there were too many other holes to fill on this team. That being said, Clemens was not the reason the Rams lost today.

I don't put a loss on any one player, but his turnover at the end of the game resulting in the game winning TD sure didn't help us win.
Much like last week. If he doesn't turn the ball over twice last week, we most likely win.