Clay Mathews has signed with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Nah, glad we passed on Gabbert....
Anyway, I dunno about this signing. I have no idea about this guy; I can't dive into his play, qualities, etc. cause I can't get any further than his spearing of Nick Foles. But, maybe I can let that go, considering Gurley's man-card-ripping body slam of CM :D
So, all things being equal, welcome back to LA, CM!!! I'm off to YT for highlights.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Mkay, so we just signed up a human pitbull. Was still in the NFL's top 100 as of 2017, but missed in 2018 (2019 not out yet). YT didn't have any 2018-19 highlights, so maybe he's missed a step, maybe not, but here's hoping that being on the same field as Donald & Talib on a SB-contending team will rejuvenate him -- along with a few visits to local LA "fountain of youth" clinics :)

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
giphy.gif

Lol! Who's this handsome fella?!?!?

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
The Rams are paying for leader ship. Seems like a perfect fit to me. We hear all these rumors in the off-season it’s amazing how many of them will come true .
Being a USC fan this is a pretty cool signing.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After thinking about this more, I like the move. I think we will rotate LBs very often this year, and could see a base group of Fowler/Littleton/Matthews/Ebukam, and then in rush situations rotating all these guys, and possibly even have Fowler/Ebukam/Donald/Matthews as our DL for 3rd and longs.

dang

Legend
Rams are also paying Matthews for versatility. Matthews isn't elite anymore but he can play ILB/OLB/EDGE. That covers a lot of ground.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Rams are also paying Matthews for versatility. Matthews isn't elite anymore but he can play ILB/OLB/EDGE. That covers a lot of ground.

This is a good point, something I didn't think of.

There's a Packer Fan on Reddit that said he thinks Matthews moving to ILB would be a great fit for him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One of the worst roughing calls IMO...

That one made me mad at the time and time has not dissipated that upset at all.

Makes me appreciate the "throw 'em to the ground" spin technique AD uses. On some surfaces, I'd think that hurts worst to be thrown to the ground as hard as he does as opposed to falling on them.

Psycho_X

Legend
DELETE THIS UNTIL IM FINISHED VENTING ABOUT HOW SNEAD ABD DEMOFF DONT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING , THANK YOU .

I don’t think anyone said that or implied it. I’m not a Mathews fan at all and his age/diminishing impact coupled with ability to stack up the penalties makes me weary of him. But if it is an incentive loaded, team friendly deal I’m on board with it. Plus, people talking about using him inside and situationally makes me more comfortable with the signing if that’s what ends up happening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine that, letting go of a clean cut, by the book, good sportsman like Suh and bringing in a thug like this?
Oh, wait a minute....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey Ramly!

Check out the responses on the Reddit post I made on Packers sub:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/b35red/rams_fan_here_what_are_we_getting_with_matthews/

Some good ones!

That's kinda what I expected to hear. That's why I'm torn on this signing. Fingers crossed for a home town boy getting juiced at the end of his career by going home for the sunset. I really think this must be what the Rams are counting on happening because the guy obviously has the desire, leadership, and "want to" to be the player he has always been but Father Time is a bitch. I'm on his side so let's do the damn thing!!!!!