Chargers, Rams reach agreement on sharing Inglewood stadium/ Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Picking the better roommate? Raiders have the potentially stronger following in LA compared to SD? I dunno.

I dunno either, but having lived there, I feel Rams/Raiders fans are less likely to switch allegiances to the other team.
Could be wrong - (it's happened before, just can't remember when).:cautious:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spanos moving to LA would be franchise suicide.

Others have mentioned also, a few owners came out of the Houston meeting mentioning that they all felt that only two teams should be in So Cal not just LA.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I'm Spanos I use this year to get something done in SD.

San Diego knows they will be gone if they don't take action. In that scenario, I see them getting something done. A nice win for the Chargers.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Another problem with the Chargers trying to move there, where would they play? It looks like the Rams are going to play at the colluseum, but that wouldn't leave a place for the Chargers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Another problem with the Chargers trying to move there, where would they play? It looks like the Rams are going to play at the colluseum, but that wouldn't leave a place for the Chargers.

Wouldn't they just alternate weeks there, like the Giants and Jets do?

MrMotes

Starter
Exactly what motivation do the Rams have to work a deal?

Supposedly they agreed to as part of their approval to move. Publicly, Kreonke and Demoff have been saying they want a partner for the extra dates at the venue and for splitting costs.

But the kicker may be, if the Rams don't make a deal with the Chargers, they could get stuck with the Raiders...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure how keen anyone is going to be about completely clearing out all their shit in between weeks. I suppose if push comes to shove they could do it but it seems like a bad idea to have the feel of being the visiting team even when you are at home. .Remember - the venue in NJ that houses the Yets/Giants was built for two teams like the Inglewood stadium is going to be. The Coliseum is not.

My guess is that they would have to work something out with one of the other venues. Hell - if it's the Chargers, they could fit all their fans in that little soccer venue in Carson. :whistle:

Thinking about this. I'm going to guess that Stan is going to require some kinds of guarantees on sell outs and such. He's not going to want his new stadium looking empty. Sorry but I'm having my doubts that the Chargers can fill it in LA unless the other team's fans buy a lot of tickets. If the Rams happen to not be able to fill it (which I doubt) he will likely be buying and distributing tickets. I'm thinking he will want the same out of whomever moves in there.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

True and rumour has it this Enos guy has been known to grind people down too. I hope LA ends up being all ours!

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
None.NFL is hell bent on keeping Raiders out of LA.That 2nd option for Raiders coming to town is just P.R. dressing.
They still aint forgot what AL did.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There's a really big issue floating out there that hasn't been discussed and Spanos and Davis had better keep it in mind. That is that if the Chargers move to LA, then the last two team relocations will have happened to a stadium with ZERO public monies, ZERO tax abatements, and ZERO give backs.

It will not only make it harder for the Raiders to get ANY stadium built, but it will send the message that the billionaires can build the venues themselves when properly motivated

Now, I prefer it that way to be honest, but unless the NFL is trying to transition cold turkey to privately financed stadiums, Spanos had better work something out in San Diego so that the "public money" proponents within the NFL can show that the Rams/Inglewood build was an outlier rather than the new way to do business in the NFL.

Then again, wouldn't surprise me at all if the owners shot themselves in both feet on this stadium issue.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
USC also plays there... 3 teams would be hard on the field. Plus the Coliseum has only agreed to one team, not two.
Apparently Pat Haden said they'd consider it. Not sure he has thought it all through though. I didn't really think about the locker rooms being USC's locker rooms either. I wonder how that is going to work. I mean they have to be done up in Maroon and Yellow - right?

I wonder if in that vast space under the seats another locker room or two cold be constructed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the Inglewood stadium is built, until then the only place to play is a soccer stadium with a very small seating capacity. Rose Bowl has said no they can't because of a scheduling conflict and the Coliseum has said only one team and the Rams are already it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I believe until the second team is in place, or the year or whatever it was has expired, the Rams have to hold off on selling PSLs or luxury suites or something.

Built in leverage as part of the deal.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If I'm Spanos I use this year to get something done in SD.

San Diego knows they will be gone if they don't take action. In that scenario, I see them getting something done. A nice win for the Chargers.

Couldn't agree more, but does SD really care to build though?
Since LA became EnosLand seems to be some up tick from SD Mayor and "lets talk". This will be a slow final decision for this outcome imho

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I believe until the second team is in place, or the year or whatever it was has expired, the Rams have to hold off on selling PSLs or luxury suites or something.

Built in leverage as part of the deal.
Yeah - I think it is that the PSLs can't be sold until after the Chargers time limit is up. I had heard 2017 was when the Rams can start selling PSLs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chargers and Raiders - you don't want to move to LA. You want to stay home.
upload_2016-1-25_19-0-44.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well they promised the owners they would be willing to do that as part of the deal so they kinda have to try to try as the saying goes. I think they got the votes in part because of the second tream option. Part of the presentation was that the stadium was going to have 2 home team locker rooms and two sets of offices etc like the stadium the Jets and Giants use.

I don't care actually, and if SD and then Oakland forego moving to LA the NFL can continue the con game that is stadium building on and on forever.

And you don't think maybe they winked at Stan a time or two when they made him "promise" he'd be willing to work with them?

The extra locker room/offices could remain unoccupied and pay for themselves if the NFL can use them to extract funds from other municipalities that are fighting to keep their teams. This gives them the best of both worlds - the get LA and they still have the threat of LA to get other cities to pay up.

You may think I'm being too cynical, but I don't think so when you look at the way the whole thing went down in the first place.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Spanos is probably not going to sign the agreement until that vote in San Diego is counted in June. If he doesn't get it, he'll sign.