bubbaramfan's camp report 8/01/18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes I saw that but remember, they were going at it at a very fast pace. I"m sure a rookie is going to get a little shook up and lose concentration with that pace of practice. Now, I'm not giving them a pass on this at all, just exposing MHO and attempting to place things into context. This is why we have practice, training camp, team meetings, film sessions. Time to learn and time to learn from your mistakes.

Better to do it now, identify what was the cause and correct it then to wait till game day.

Your point ? Is taken !! I’m not sure you understood mine ?? McVay & Kromer pull them out of series by replacing them.
Did you ever see Fisher or Spags do that ?

Burger & Bradford would be 1-15 all the time & then call a timeout.

If you look at what Jared Goff did last season with the Big 5 !! They drew so many defensive offsides. He has a great feel & hard count that is way over looked.

McVay(Kromer) do not stand for false starts.The rookies lost some reps, because they were not mentally there ? Notebooks was questionable. Demby was not good after the offense just had a false start.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Am I wrong in thinking that unless something crazy happens depth on OL would look like:

Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan, Brown, Hav
Blythe, Allen, Demby, Notebroom

And there's room for a 10th which is one of the tackles talked about above??

Blythe is obviously a slam dunk as a roster spot yeah. But after he's off if you look at what's left it's not all that. So IMO those three draftees just need to show promise and factor in on teams, and there's a good chance all can do that. Maybe one will end up cut/PS, but I think the current depth chart makeup favors their chances.

If I had to guess I'd think Lucas makes it over Williams. And right now if I'm either of those guys I'd be telling the staff I want a shot at RG. Because IMO there's a good chance Brown leaves in FA and if one of them shows they can handle the position they might end up with a contract.

Ram65

Legend
Guys that stood out were Franklin-Myers and Lawler.

Samson is a STUD , he shut the offense down a couple times. Playing super fast. Very high motor. I watched a couple replays.
He made a move & turned his head & the play went inside. Even though he was burned he was able breakup the play, or almost caused a fumble. Either way The Rams LBers are looking to cause turnovers.

Great news for all three players and the Rams. Rams need all of them to get pressure and stop the run. Really like what I read about JFM early on. Lawler got praise early from D Farr and Ebukam was expected to improve. My early disappointment in not drafting a good/promising edge rusher early on is fading.

Also like the new offensive lineman potential.

Great reports guys @bubbaramfan , @VeteranRamFan , and @So Ram thanks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great news for all three players and the Rams. Rams need all of them to get pressure and stop the run. Really like what I read about JFM early on. Lawler got praise early from D Farr and Ebukam was expected to improve. My early disappointment in not drafting a good/promising edge rusher early on is fading.

Also like the new offensive lineman potential.

Great reports guys @bubbaramfan , @VeteranRamFan , and @So Ram thanks.

I think The Rams did really well in the draft. Brandin Cooks is Freaking Awesome. McVay called a delayed pass ? I just know Cooks is a BLUR !! I’m trying to watch the O’line & next thing you know Cooks is running free for a huge gain or TD.
McVay called one play & talked a little to defensive coach. Walked over to get a fist bump.Will see that play in season .

Josh Reynolds had a nice catch on the left sideline . He is so good in stride.

Mike Thomas finished up the veterans practice with an excellent TD pass. Saw it on video about 5 times. Thought practice was over.Team group huddle. Half the squad stayed on the field.His catch was in traffic.He found just that little soft spot in between like 4 defenders.

Back to Cooks. He had a couple catches were a defensive guy could have blasted him. The Rams have been so good at practicing hard, but do it responsibly .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Malcom Brown is solid & a tough Hombre to bring down. He was getting a lot of reps in practice he has good hands as well.

TD Everett had a few nice plays. Hemmingway is a solid blocker, not to many chances