bubbaramfan's camp report 8/01/18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After practice, also reports McVay rides the bikes with both players as well. Just a good vib.

Attachments

• 916EE3DE-8F7A-4C25-BE96-5912887BA48A.png
    916EE3DE-8F7A-4C25-BE96-5912887BA48A.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 197

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have opinions on who I think has been stepping up and leading in backup role at OL, Mind you this is just MHO, but Noteboom clearly is capable at G and T. Lucas looked very good Monday at RT, just capable at LT. Blythe is clearly front runner at G and C backup. Demby, Kolone and the others need more work. I'm not reading much into pecking order, that won't get sorted out until 3rd or 4th game of pre-season. I expect a lot of different combinations in pre season games.

VetRamFan and I will be back there today.

PM me before 1pm if you want to hang with us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have opinions on who I think has been stepping up and leading in backup role at OL, Mind you this is just MHO, but Noteboom clearly is capable at G and T. Lucas looked very good Monday at RT, just capable at LT. Blythe is clearly front runner at G and C backup. Demby, Kolone and the others need more work. I'm not reading much into pecking order, that won't get sorted out until 3rd or 4th game of pre-season. I expect a lot of different combinations in pre season games.

VetRamFan and I will be back there today.

PM me before 1pm if you want to hang with us.

Well we have a wager. I’m coming away with Williams beating Lucas out. There is that chance he ends up on IR though. Looks like he is not 100% . He seemed to show a little leadership as well.

Did you see the 11 on 11 right around info desk. Mannion I think was QB ? The offense got called for a false start. I think they called it on Noteboom. Then he has to run off the field & a sub has to put his helmet on & fill in.Right after that Demby was horrible in his false start.
He runs off the field.(I yell come on rookies) McVay says come on pick it up, it’s starting to get sloppy.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At this point So Ram, Lucas AND DWilliams might not make the final 53, and I'm not comfortable with any of them at LT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Williams will beat Lucas out easy. .

I'm going to respectfully disagree and we shall await on how they play on game day. Again last season against the San Francisco 49ers Darrell Williams was a sieve and Lucas graded really well at RT not allowing one pressure and blocked well in the run game, those are cold had facts and I don't believe Williams can play RT either, he is more comfortable at LT and is not very good there either.

Again, the preseason games will showcase this, but other reports I have read have showcased Lucas in a positive light and after last season I'm going with that, however, I will focus on both players come preseason.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Damon Easley was working hard on the sideline with no jeresy. At end of practice I should have talked to him.Just because he was a body guard to CB Nick Coleman.
Did you by chance see Okoronkwo?

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm going to respectfully disagree and we shall await on how they play on game day. Again last season against the San Francisco 49ers Darrell Williams was a sieve and Lucas graded really well at RT not allowing one pressure and blocked well in the run game, those are cold had facts and I don't believe Williams can play RT either, he is more comfortable at LT and is not very good there either.

Again, the preseason games will showcase this, but other reports I have read have showcased Lucas in a positive light and after last season I'm going with that, however, I will focus on both players come preseason.
Williams performed well at LT in the preseason for the most part. He has gotten better, but, still has that play or two that blows up per game when he does get in.
I agree he is a LT and not a RT.
Depth is scarce enough that if Williams is released I think he will be grabbed up pretty quickly by someone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Depth is scarce enough that if Williams is released I think he will be grabbed up pretty quickly by someone.

Maybe you're right, but he was horrendous in his only start and a couple of years ago, he was a disaster in preseason against the Broncos and that's why he was beaten out in 2016 by Pace Murphy. I knew Williams was better than Murphy and he proved that last season, but with the addition of Noteboom and emergence of Lucas, who I feel is better, I believe Williams will be cut and if he is picked up by another team, I only hope he starts at LT against the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe you're right, but he was horrendous in his only start and a couple of years ago, he was a disaster in preseason against the Broncos and that's why he was beaten out in 2016 by Pace Murphy. I knew Williams was better than Murphy and he proved that last season, but with the addition of Noteboom and emergence of Lucas, who I feel is better, I believe Williams will be cut and if he is picked up by another team, I only hope he starts at LT against the Rams.
I agree.
The drafting of Noteboom doomed Williams with the Rams.
Williams is a try hard guy who, hopefully for his sake, has improved enough to have a career as a back up.
With Noteboom and Saffold the Rams have a couple of guys who should be massively better at LT than Williams.
The starting five with Noteboom, Blythe and Lucas dressed in game day would not surprise me. Also would not surprise me to see a G/C like Allen dressed instead of Lucas because of Saffolds ability to play both T spots.....that's assuming Saffold is dressed. Haha.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for the reports @bubbaramfan , @VeteranRamFan , and @So Ram .... much appreciated.

Hey - with what Goff said in his interview, could you turn an eye toward Samson E? It just sounds like he is impressing right now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
At this point So Ram, Lucas AND DWilliams might not make the final 53, and I'm not comfortable with any of them at LT.

One thing to remember with the depth types is time. All things being relatively equal wrt upside and special teams contributions, how long the team has control is going to factor in. And even moreso when they're new draft picks taken by the current regime.

So if you subtract the 5 starters, and then obvious depth options & the 3 new draft picks, this OL depth chart is on the bubble big time. And wrt Lucas & Williams, Lucas will be a UFA next year, while Williams will be RFA. I'd say both are fighting for their professional lives and I wouldn't be buyin a house if I'm either of them.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Am I wrong in thinking that unless something crazy happens depth on OL would look like:

Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan, Brown, Hav
Blythe, Allen, Demby, Notebroom

And there's room for a 10th which is one of the tackles talked about above??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

True - like we all will.

Williams at times to go throttle motions. He sure does not have good style. Being able to play a little guard maybe Williams saving grace.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
91227A62-DCB5-4108-AE44-77354F5F66FF.jpeg

I think that is Easley ? Then again At the end of practice, I thought this guy was not the same guy.
So if I saw OBO he looked fast. Because Easley seems to run differently than his shadow ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thanks for the reports @bubbaramfan , @VeteranRamFan , and @So Ram .... much appreciated.

Hey - with what Goff said in his interview, could you turn an eye toward Samson E? It just sounds like he is impressing right now.

Samson is a STUD , he shut the offense down a couple times. Playing super fast. Very high motor. I watched a couple replays.
He made a move & turned his head & the play went inside. Even though he was burned he was able breakup the play, or almost caused a fumble. Either way The Rams LBers are looking to cause turnovers.

Barry had them working hard at it. He said good job. NOW really hit down hard, but concentrate, be smart so we don’t hurt anyone here !!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Did you see the 11 on 11 right around info desk. Mannion I think was QB ? The offense got called for a false start. I think they called it on Noteboom. Then he has to run off the field & a sub has to put his helmet on & fill in.Right after that Demby was horrible in his false start.
He runs off the field.(I yell come on rookies) McVay says come on pick it up, it’s starting to get sloppy.

Yes I saw that but remember, they were going at it at a very fast pace. I"m sure a rookie is going to get a little shook up and lose concentration with that pace of practice. Now, I'm not giving them a pass on this at all, just exposing MHO and attempting to place things into context. This is why we have practice, training camp, team meetings, film sessions. Time to learn and time to learn from your mistakes.

Better to do it now, identify what was the cause and correct it then to wait till game day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
44 is a stud !! I heard a couple fans say good things about him. He does some LBer drills as well. His snaps to Hekker are spot on. Then those to are so good together.Especially adding Greg the Leg. Those 3 were Pro Bowlers & going into year 7 as Rams !!

All Pros