Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Debacled

Starter
The Austin Davis bubble popped in 2014, hence some bad games for the guy.

People talking like they rotated coverage....hah. Nobody had to do anything exotic once they had Davis pegged. Quick has 3 really good games and 3 really meh games, and in those bad games he wasn't getting targets. Not even going to count the Cheifs game since he went out hurt on his first catch on the 4th drive of the game.

With that said the Brian Quick on the field last year wasn't the same guy we saw before he got hurt. Can't really tell ya if the shoulder was still causing issues (he and the staff both claimed he was "healthy") or he just didn't have any rhythm with the QBs or what it was.

This never will be a big play passing offense team. As long as Fisher is running the team that is, and especially as long as they don't have competent play from the QB. Fisher has always been pass to complement the run, except for about a 4 or 5 game experiment in 2013, and that isn't about to change any time soon.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
treadwell's 40 time leaves me thinking no thanks
train
AQR.jpg

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Qu[ck Career totals.: 64 Rec. 934 yds.
Alshon Jeffery 6 games: 56 Rec. 1037 yds.
Jeffery was taken later in the same round as Quick. As for the Rams got bad QB's.,If they had receivers like Jeffery maybe they would be better QB's.

Is what it is.

nighttrain

Legend
Jeffery was taken later in the same round as Quick. As for the Rams got bad QB's.,If they had receivers like Jeffery maybe they would be better QB's.

Is what it is.
cant make a silk purse out of a sow;s ear, got it
train

Name
Roger Stern
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The nfl has no guarantees. Its a what if type of mentality. So what if quick becomes really good. We draft treadwell coleman docston. We are good at wide recievers for the near future. Jmo

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

Shouldn't the Brown's interest in Quick have been a warning?

Name
aloharamfan
Brian has been an enigma thats for sure. What I have noticed about quick is that he is able to get open, but has had problems with jumping for throws that do not require him to leave his feet. Obviously, this is not for all his targets, but it does give one something to wonder about.
I think (hope) he is over his awful injury and that he finally gets more targets this coming year. He could be a big asset to our struggling group of wr's.
I hope the new wr coach can finally get through to him and it will show up on game day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The point is he's not worth drafting that high. I would take him with a trade down in the 20's
So you wouldn't draft him at #15 based solely on a low 40 time?
Knowing what you know now, would you draft Boldin in the top 10?

…..

Legend
The only thing Brian Quick has going for him at this point is that the current regime drafted him and cant be "wrong" about his 33rd pick while he's still on the team.

Put a little fluff and coach speak on it, and Brian Quick is still a budding star.

Put a new coach in the house, and Brian Quick is a former Ram.

That's reality.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Is what it is.
Yup, it is what it is

th

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Here's a novel idea. I HOPE Quick doesn't develop into a #1 WR (and I don't think I have very much to fear with that hope being dashed). If he has a career year in 2016, we've got to pay him for 2017 onward. I like his potential to be a decent WR, with respect to production but I love his potential to be a devastating blocker downfield. For that reason, I hope we draft a legit #1 WR, and our WR corp is New Guy, Austin, Quick, Britt.....Marquez?......etc. for the foreseeable future.