Alex Mack Anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@jrry32 Barnes started last year but he gets pushed back too easily. I have not watched Wisniewski but if he is stronger and wins the battles more he maybe worth signing. But the Rams had very little interest in him, so I guess he isn't enough of an upgrade.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Yea. That's the best of both worlds. We get continuity and a better talent to develop.

The continuity stuff is definitely applicable. Barnes started all 16 games last year and each of the other 4 OLs started games last year.

Barnes is a starting caliber C. That was proven in 2015.

Bringing in little to no improvement for $1 million to $2 million more does nothing for me.

And yes, we do have an opportunity for an OL that has gelled from day 1. Each of these guys were on the team last year and started games. That's actual experience, that's familiarity, and as we saw near the end of last year, that's chemistry. Jamon Brown is the only guy that wasn't really out there over the second half of last year but he still started the first 9 games next to Barnes.

I'm not underrating what someone like Wisniewski brings to the board. If anything, the market told us last year what NFL teams think of him. What he brings to the board got severely overrated last year (and I was one of the people that fell into that trap). Seems like it's happening again. Wisniewski's name value is higher than his actual value to NFL teams.

I'm sure the Rams will take a look. They took a look at Wisniewski last year and then left him on the market. Anyways, I've said my piece. Moving on.

Well, bringing in a more experienced upgrade at center for the great value of just 1 million in cap space does do something for me.

From my perspective you're still underrating Wisnewski and over hyping the oline's "chemistry". Having an established veteran presence goes a long way on the line, IMO enough to counter Barnes' chemistry.

The market also does not define a player's ability of skill since outside factors like team needs, other FA options and upcoming draft class can drive a player's tag up or down. I'm not buying that just because Wis signed a cheaper deal that makes him a mediocre player. He might have just wanted to be by the beach for all we know, something we can surely offer him!

Regardless, like you said, moving on -- agree to diaagree.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Given the choice, I'm taking our two young CBs over a 30 year old Center that might be in decline. I don't know why you'd let a player that has proven he can excel in our scheme, that's about to enter his prime, and that we developed walk away so we can sign a player coming off his worst year as a pro that is 30 years old.

If the Rams want to help the running game, they'll work hard to develop a real passing game this off-season.

I don't want to pay for a Center in FA. The Rams only have so many resources. There will be quality Centers available in Day 2 and Day 3 of this draft. The Rams can get Barnes back at a reasonable cost. You start Barnes and develop a talented young Center. Then you use the money to sign a talented WR. We keep our defense in place, we improve the passing game, and continue the youth movement on the OL.

This ^ in bold makes the most sense imho. Draft is deep and talent at the OC position so no need to waste $ at this position.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think Wiz is still viewed as a stud by fans, but his play has dropped off, thus why he wasn't on Rams radar or other teams for that matter. If he truly was a stud he would have been front page news etc. and signing quickly for big jack