Alex Mack Anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Report: Mack expected to opt out of contract
5213.jpg

Sources tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that Browns C Alex Mack is expected to opt out of his contract, but that a new deal with the Browns is a "real possibility."

Mack's agent has clearly determined he'll be able to beat the three years and $24 million he has remaining on his current deal. Mack would arguably would be the top interior lineman on the market. It will be interesting to see how the newly-analytics minded Browns approach a player who turned 30 last November.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Feb 22 - 2:49 PM

Man would that put a nice finish on the Oline with all the young talent the rams have on the line right now throw in a stud vet center and look out! We got plenty of cap space now lets finish the damn line for our new QB (hopefully) and our all pro RB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Likely to be the highest paid center in the league - or even league history - if he hits free agency.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yeah, like he wouldn't be injured the whole time we have him. Our luck with high priced FAs hasn't been good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Very strong possibility, especially if we stick with Keenum, which we may.

The top two contracts I wanna see before any outside FA contracts are JJ and TruJo.

But, yeah, he's a possibility for sure.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Well he's from the LA area and his agent is Marvin Demoff. Father of Rams VP, Kevin Demoff. So I like our chances if we choose to pursue him.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I feel like there is a lot of good centers in this draft so I wouldn't want to pay a 30 year old Mack big money when there's a lot of free agents needing to be brought back.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's saying no to 8 mill average a year. That's going to be a tough pull.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think he is saying no more to the browns than the money
You are probably correct. I would love to see him anchoring the middle of our Line. It gives me visions of Gurley averaging 6 yards a carry up the gut.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...k-expected-to-opt-out-of-contract-with-browns

Alex Mack expected to opt out of contract with Browns
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • print.png

g-plus.png

fb-like.png

share-button.png
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Feb. 22, 2016 at 03:05 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 22, 2016 at 03:27 p.m.

Alex Mack could still play for the Cleveland Browns in 2016, but it won't be under his existing contract.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Pro Bowl center is expected to opt-out of his current deal, according to multiple sources. Rapoport said a new contract between Mack and the Browns is a "real possibility."

Every game, all season

A first-round pick in 2009, Mack is on record saying winning is "really important" to him as he enters his eighth season in the NFL. The Browns have gone 33-79 since Mack got to town, but the center reportedly came out of a Super Bowl week meeting with new Browns coach Hue Jackson feeling optimistic about the franchise's direction.

Mack had previously praised the Browns for last month's swift succession of moves that remade the front office and brought Jackson from Cincinnati.

"I think they've got good things going in the right places," Mack told Around The NFL's Conor Orr at the Pro Bowl.

Mack is going to get paid handsomely, whether that's by the Browns or another team. There is speculation that Mack will be the highest-paid center in NFL history by the next time we see him on a football field.

He remains a building block at age 30, exactly the type of well-respected and productive player that the Browns should be keeping in their building as they embark on their latest reboot.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Browns have squandered so much talent. I mean they have Joe Thomas and Alex Mack on their OL fer cryin' out loud!

Sad, really.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mack would give us a ridiculous interior OL with Brown and Wichmann coming into their own next to him. Not to mention having a plus player at RT in HStein... Only question mark would be LT.

Yeah, I'd love to see the Rams sign him. The age affects length of contract, but he is still among the league's best at his position and would be worth every penny running our OL in this division. Just don't let it affect efforts to bring in a solid wideout.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Care to elaborate? And I want to mention that Chicago is gonna use the tag on Jeffery, so he's not an alternative, in case that was it.

But I'd like to hear your thoughts...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't see us signing any outside Free Agents to huge contracts - but I think Mack would be the best center we'd have since Rich Saul - so if it's at the Nice Price I say
DO IT!

image.jpg

image.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I MUCH prefer a true Ram Tim Barnes back at a much lower cap hit for the next 2 to 3 yrs. Then go get our future center in the draft.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Mack is a fine C, no doubt.

But we would get him at what cost? He's reportedly gonna void his contract of $24 million for 3 years. That's $8 million a year, fellas. For a C.

That's top WR or TE type money.

Why not draft a C in the 3-4 rounds instead? Or roll with Barnes for another year?

I guess I'm saying that we have higher priority target positions for our cap dollars.