Aldon Smith has been cut by the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Crazy to think that everyone expected SF to take Robert Quinn and the Rams to come away with Aldon Smith on draft day. As great as Aldon has been, we got very lucky that the 49ers didn't take Quinn. Aldon may have been better behaved under Fisher and at home in Missouri. But I'd rather not deal with that level of headcase.

Damn that was fast....

Yea. Although, there were rumors SF considered cutting him last year. Probably was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know sometimes it's easy to say "the guy needs help" but at some point can't you just decide NOT to drive over 100 miles an hour after drinking? It's not that hard of a decision to make.

Maybe he's been catered to and never had to worry about "rules and law" because he's been allowed to break them and everyone turns a blind eye because of his ability to play football.

Maybe he's just a simple dumbfuck who has no self control because he's never had to have any and thinks because he is a millionaire pro athlete the rules don't apply to him. Plenty of people with status and money feel that way. Maybe he's just another knucklehead that is really and truly too stupid to understand that he can't behave the way he just did..........

I bet his family and his agent let him have it for this. Unless they are further empowering his idiocy by saying it's OK and everything will work out fine.

I wonder if he is going to get another shot in the NFL. I hope he doesn't, people like him make me sick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
........he's been catered to and never had to worry about "rules and law"......everyone turns a blind eye because of his ability to play football....... simple dumbfuck who has no self control because he's never had to have any ...... just another knucklehead that is really and truly too stupid (ignorant)to understand that he can't behave the way he just did..........I wonder if he is going to get another shot in the NFL.
All of the above Les....coddled, pampered, and spoiled for athletic gifts is the one true evils in all of this...Doesn't help a boy become a man...responsibility, dedication, accountable for ones actions is definitely a learned behavior...I mean, some guys are just raised wrong...and it takes falling on your face, or on your ass in public to get it right....At least he didn't hurt anyone, but himself.
Will he get another chance? Of course, he's an elite pass rusher...LEO....OLB. Bigger issue, what's going on with all these addicts coming outta Mizzu....JK
I believe he was parking his car, and opened his door which caused damage to another parked car.....How you get arrested for this is beyond me...but I'm sure the authorities were on this for ALL the right reasons....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll be interested in the details, but I think he did this to himself I don't think the authorities had to do anything..........he has a long history of making it easy for them to arrest him LOL.

jap

Legend
Elite pass rusher my ass!!! The guy who paved the way for most of those sacks with blatant holds the blind refs never saw has retired now.

Time for us to re-establish a long winning streak against this '9er team and make them sorry they share our division!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of the above Les....coddled, pampered, and spoiled for athletic gifts is the one true evils in all of this...Doesn't help a boy become a man...responsibility, dedication, accountable for ones actions is definitely a learned behavior...I mean, some guys are just raised wrong...and it takes falling on your face, or on your ass in public to get it right....At least he didn't hurt anyone, but himself.
Will he get another chance? Of course, he's an elite pass rusher...LEO....OLB. Bigger issue, what's going on with all these addicts coming outta Mizzu....JK
I believe he was parking his car, and opened his door which caused damage to another parked car.....How you get arrested for this is beyond me...but I'm sure the authorities were on this for ALL the right reasons....

i think they arrested him because they thought he was drunk and didn't pass the test.

the vandalism charge was him opening his door and hitting another car. wtf? how petty. of course we have no idea of how it happened with regards to intent.

the hit and run, i didn't quite get to hear what happened there. but it sounded like he hit a car, not a pedestrian.

jjab360

Legend
If Smith can put his legal troubles behind him, I wouldn't mind signing him sometime in the longterm future. I think we have the type of environment to keep guys like Aldon out of trouble, and could you imagine that D-line. :eek:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
153737q.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/12/kaepernick-addresses-denies-aldon-smith-rumors/

Kaepernick addresses, denies Aldon Smith rumors
Posted by Zac Jackson on August 12, 2015

kaepernick.jpg
AP

Not long after Aldon Smith’s arrest last week for DUI, hit and run and vandalism, rumors circulated via TMZ and MediaTakeOut.com that the incident had included Smith crashing his vehicle into a Mercedes owned by 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and that the two had an on-field dispute early in the day.

Speaking to the media Wednesday, Kaepernick called Smith a good friend and said he felt those reports were irresponsible.

“Well, if I was a reporter, I would go about things (differently),” Kaepernick said. “I would realize that I have a deal with Jaguar. I’ve had it for a few years now so I wouldn’t be driving a Mercedes. I would also realize that we didn’t have practice (last) Thursday so no one was at the facility.

“So along those lines, I feel like anyone that…goes about reporting it just doesn’t have the best integrity, in my mind. I mean, to try to prey on athletes’ livelihoods while one is going through a tough time is embarrassing to me. For people to report that and put that out there and jumped on that bandwagon, just to get Internet clicks and get attention to their website, or reports, it really is embarrassing for people to do that.”

TMZ later changed its reporting to say Smith and Kaepernick had an altercation last Tuesday, two days before Smith was arrested.

The 49ers released Smith the day after the incident, his third DUI-related arrest since 2012.

“It’s really tragic and, I mean, I wish him the best,” Kaepernick said. “I hope he’s doing well. I hope everything turns out all right for him and he can get back on track. I mean, the biggest thing is, I know this team misses him and misses his presence here.”