Aldon Smith has been cut by the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
We have so many guys on our team that could've been Aldon Smith had things gone another way. Thank god for Fisher creating the right environment to keep these guys out of trouble.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
We have so many guys on our team that could've been Aldon Smith had things gone another way. Thank god for Fisher creating the right environment to keep these guys out of trouble.

Some credit has to go to Spags and his 4 pillows, I know they weren't great talent evaluators, but I'm sure it made it easier having guys like Chris Long, Laurinaitis and even Bradford in the locker room as a positive influence.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to give Fisher credit... from his first draft and FA acquisition, it was clear he was looking for athletes... not scholars or choir boys.

You're right, there was/is a lot of potential for these men to get in trouble, given many of their colorful pasts.

But it hasn't happened (crosses fingers) and I think Fisher deserves some of the credit.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Espn article said that the decision to release him after they met with him after his arrest and he refused to accept any responsibility in the matter. The man needs help clearly.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I was on the fence about the Rams making the playoffs this year. After the disaster that's become the 49ers, I think that 1 or 2 wins against them will be the difference.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
40-whiner or not, this guy needs some major help with his personal life before he seriously hurts himself and/or someone else... or worse.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is quite clear that Aldon Smith was so distraught about how he would be exposed this year without Justin Smith creating opportunities for him that he took to drinking his worries away.

Good Riddance. Nah, nah, nah, nah........Nah, nah, nah, nah..........hey hey........Good Bye.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Will the last 49'er please turn out the lights...

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I wish Aldon all the best and sincerely hope he gets his life turned around. I knew him when he was in High School and at Mizzou. He's got a lot of good qualities, but unfortunately his life has got off track. Like so many before him, the fame and instant fortune are tough to handle. Best wishes Aldon and may you find peace and success in your life.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o2_500.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Which 48'er is next to hit the blotter report or retire?

My two favorite teams--- The Rams and whoever plays the 48'ers

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does it get any better than this, Rams fans? Guess we can now put the "same old sorry ass Rams" quote behind us. I can't think of a better team to watch in total freefall than the San Francisco 49ers. The seahawks are next. The Rams are trending UP!!! I know the skeptics are out there... let's see what happens during the season... but you heard it here first... the Rams will be in the playoffs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was on the fence about the Rams making the playoffs this year. After the disaster that's become the 49ers, I think that 1 or 2 wins against them will be the difference.
1 or 2? That team is in full blown rebuild mode. We better damn well sweep them.(y)