Adam Schefter Trumaine Johnson to be tagged again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I don't want to be right. I just feel like Goff is another guy and really its just because of the time were in. During the draft its hard to not sour on Goff when he went 0-7 and showed little to no promise outside of the Saints game. I want my top 5 pick I watched us earn...That's basically how I feel.

I don't care about the top 5 pick in this class. I'd take Goff over every QB in this class. I'd rather have Goff than that pick.

If you couldn't see the promise Goff showed, you weren't looking closely enough. I warned people this would happen because of Jeff Fisher's dumbassness.

Plays like this show the promise in Goff. But you can't realistically expect a rookie QB in his first 7 starts to look great behind an OL that can't even give him time when in max protect, receivers that don't catch the ball and dog it on their routes, a nonexistent running game, and a terrible offensive scheme with an overmatched offensive coordinator.

Goff struggled his true freshman year at Cal too. He got better. That's what hardworking QBs do.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I don't care about the top 5 pick in this class. I'd take Goff over every QB in this class. I'd rather have Goff than that pick.

If you couldn't see the promise Goff showed, you weren't looking closely enough. I warned people this would happen because of Jeff Fisher's dumbassness.

Plays like this show the promise in Goff. But you can't realistically expect a rookie QB in his first 7 starts to look great behind an OL that can't even give him time when in max protect, receivers that don't catch the ball and dog it on their routes, a nonexistent running game, and a terrible offensive scheme with an overmatched offensive coordinator.

Goff struggled his true freshman year at Cal too. He got better. That's what hardworking QBs do.

I like Goff I just don't like how much we spent on him. Especially when there are projects like Mahomes that would have been received for a lot less. One thing you need to keep in mind. Trading up for this guy completely threw the season in the toilet. He wasn't ready to start the season and because of that we were missing a first, two seconds and a third round pick on the field that year with a giant gaping hole in the OL and CB. All I'm saying the replacement value far exceeds Goff. I hope he kills it and proves me wrong. I am not even saying he's a bust or will be a bust I just worry he is another Sam Bradford. Not worth a first overall pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ohhhhh I see now cause I like Kansas I don't know what I'm talking about? Cool. Sounds like a Mizzou fan. They have done such a great job since fleeing the Big 12. Really proud of them. Regardless, to say Goff is going to be worth more than all the picks is just crazy as you are calling me for saying he's not. Face it, we took a QB who is going to need hand-holding to get him to the next level. Wish we just had all those picks and drafted Mahomes this year. Mahomes is just like Goff but wont cost the #1 overall pick.

SEC East Champions twice in a row, along with bowl wins? I think that Mizzou's doing quite well for themselves. When was the last time KU went to a bowl game? Better yet, when was the last time they even had a .500 record?

Regardless, I didn't say that you didn't know what you were talking about. I said that you were impossible to reason with. You're stuck in your opinions, and there's nothing anyone can do to change them.

And yes, I believe that Goff in McVay's system can be a superstar. Wentz had three great games, and then the wheels fell off. And he had three superb offensive minds teaching him, unlike Goff being stuck with Fisher, Boras, and Weinke. If you think that a twenty-two-year-old quarterback with Goff's talent can't be better with a better system around him, well, I don't know what to tell you.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
No I don't want to be right. I just feel like Goff is another guy and really its just because of the time were in. During the draft its hard to not sour on Goff when he went 0-7 and showed little to no promise outside of the Saints game. I want my top 5 pick I watched us earn...That's basically how I feel.

Forgive me I mean only a peacefull discussion but did'nt Eli Manning after replacing Kurt Warner in his Rookie season after Warner started the season 5-2 end up also losing his first 7 games ever played also ? That excites me that both first pick quarterbacks started off on the same foot. I think now that Goff actually will get real help to BE a better quarterback as Wentz had surrounding him with a past NFL QB as a HC plus a real QB coach and not my guy from FSU that was very limited in what he could teach. More of a combine prepper if anything. Weinke is an FSU memory us fans fondly remember but his skills in quarterback coaching are still not a known commodity. Fisher being removed is the key element in the future of Jared Goff.
So glad Fisher did'nt let him play all season behind that hot mess we tried to call an offensive line. Too many coaches overstayed their welcome and high thoughts from many. We have a fresh start with coaches we hope are more current in the NFL than what we had. Even Kessler had a great QB whisperer in Jackson and one other. I realize Eli Manning and Jared Goff could'nt be more different. That too is what I am hoping for also. Just don't think a bad start has anything to do with anything. I know Warner even helped Eli in his rookie year. Eli has even said so. Then Warner moved on to play under Chili Dog before his 2008 Superbowl with the Cardinals. Cheer up bro. We got the younger but most talented of the players we could have picked. Just want Goff adding muscle to his body and his frame as he needs to grow as he matures. Can't wait to get him an O-Line and recievers who won't drop everything.
You know something was MAJOR wrong to see Gurley take such a giant step backwards. I have no words for what I saw. I fully believe Fisher was at the very bottom of it all. Give us some time Jayhawk. I been with these guys over 50 years.We are on an upward climb now. :yess:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Goff I just don't like how much we spent on him. Especially when there are projects like Mahomes that would have been received for a lot less.

Mahomes is a complete wildcard who won't be starting in the NFL until at least 2018 if you want him to succeed. I like Mahomes. He has a lot of Brett Favre to his game. But he's too raw to come anywhere near a NFL field this year. His mechanics have to be completely built from the ground up. That's on top of him having to learn a NFL system and how to make presnap reads. He's a massive risk, and you won't know what you have until at least 2018.

One thing you need to keep in mind. Trading up for this guy completely threw the season in the toilet. He wasn't ready to start the season and because of that we were missing a first, two seconds and a third round pick on the field that year with a giant gaping hole in the OL and CB.

Bullshit. Jeff Fisher completely threw the season in the toilet. Fisher made no attempt to get Goff ready to start the season, Fisher made no attempt to hire a real OC, Fisher (and Snead) signed Coty Sensabaugh to replace Janoris instead of one of the many better CBs on the market, and Fisher's OL Coach did such a poor job coaching that the entire young OL regressed.

Two second round and one third round rookies weren't going to save the season. So no, I'm not going to keep this nonsense in my mind. Stop scapegoating Goff for Fisher's mistakes.

All I'm saying the replacement value far exceeds Goff. I hope he kills it and proves me wrong. I am not even saying he's a bust or will be a bust I just worry he is another Sam Bradford. Not worth a first overall pick.

You can't make concrete judgements after seven games and then hedge with "but I hope I'm wrong." If you want to throw the towel in on the kid, own it.

Goff is a franchise QB. He's worth more than we gave up. I stand behind Goff. I'm not going to spend this entire offseason defending the kid. I know what he is. I don't care if anyone else disagrees.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forgive me I mean only a peacefull discussion but did'nt Eli Manning after replacing Kurt Warner in his Rookie season after Warner started the season 5-2 end up also losing his first 7 games ever played also ? That excites me that both first pick quarterbacks started off on the same foot. I think now that Goff actually will get real help to BE a better quarterback as Wentz had surrounding him with a past NFL QB as a HC plus a real QB coach and not my guy from FSU that was very limited in what he could teach. More of a combine prepper if anything. Weinke is an FSU memory us fans fondly remember but his skills in quarterback coaching are still not a known commodity. Fisher being removed is the key element in the future of Jared Goff.
So glad Fisher did'nt let him play all season behind that hot mess we tried to call an offensive line. Too many coaches overstayed their welcome and high thoughts from many. We have a fresh start with coaches we hope are more current in the NFL than what we had. Even Kessler had a great QB whisperer in Jackson and one other. I realize Eli Manning and Jared Goff could'nt be more different. That too is what I am hoping for also. Just don't think a bad start has anything to do with anything. I know Warner even helped Eli in his rookie year. Eli has even said so. Then Warner moved on to play under Chili Dog before his 2008 Superbowl with the Cardinals. Cheer up bro. We got the younger but most talented of the players we could have picked. Just want Goff adding muscle to his body and his frame as he needs to grow as he matures. Can't wait to get him an O-Line and recievers who won't drop everything.
You know something was MAJOR wrong to see Gurley take such a giant step backwards. I have no words for what I saw. I fully believe Fisher was at the very bottom of it all. Give us some time Jayhawk. I been with these guys over 50 years.We are on an upward climb now. :yess:

Almost. He went 1-6. But both of the Manning brothers (Peyton and Eli) put up atrocious numbers over their first 7 starts and went 1-6. Matt Stafford also completely sucked over his first 7 starts and also started 1-6.

That's the problem with waiting until the end of the year to play a rookie QB. You don't give him time to get the bad play out of the way and improve.(especially when you force him to play with a team that has given up)

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Y'all act like Snead is the money guy. He's not. He doesn't draw up the contracts...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
At this point in the process... tagging Tru is what the Rams have to do. Not even debatable at this point in the process.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wentz came from a pro style offense too? Would much rather have Wentz. He was my no.1 QB in December of last year. As much as I liked him though I didn't like the trade and that's when I thought we were drafting him...

Jesus man. Snead sucks. Goff sucks. I mean wtf.

No GM bats a thousand brother. None of them. The Pats routinely jettison ex-high picks. The first round has a near 50% bust rate ffs and it goes up round by round as you get deeper into the draft. Do you know which picks were his? Or which were the ones Fish insisted on and/or pushed up the draft board to ensure he got them? If the Jags hadn't traded up to take Blackmon you would have been able to add that bust to the pile too, so why hold back. Would that have been Snead's fault?

I'm no fan of Snead btw. The GM you listed I and others here wanted as well, and I agree he was clearly a guy who was ready to show what he could do. It's not like you looked into some special crystal ball and saw something nobody else saw. But here's a newsflash for you:

None of us know.

Ballard could end up being a jackass. Goff could still end up being the next great QB under McVay and this regime. Snead might be more prepared to load a roster than people realize. And so on and so forth. So why don't you climb down off your high horse and root for them? Just a suggestion man, fwiw.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Now .. .as pertaining to Schefter's tweet ... he said "expected" .. .which mean pundits are "speculating. that is NOT a hard line report of what is going to happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Back to Trumaine.... I mentioned this before: the Rams don't have much choice in the matter. They simply cannot afford to enter this season with just Joyner and Gaines. Bouye would probably be an upgrade, but he's not necessarily gonna hit the market and Tru might be the belle of the ball. So IMO the Rams are threatening to tag him while they try to sign him, for right now at least.

I do think our round 2 pick will be a CB. There will almost surely be a CB there at our pick as BPA, certainly in the group there, and it's a need. Wade needs solid corners in his defense, so I expect a rook added to the mix with Tru, Joyner, and Gaines. That is a sufficient depth line for the season. And hopefully Tru will be signed to a deal, because I think he's going to look great under Wade.

IMO get him signed to a deal, scoop another young CB in round 2, and use FA to add a starting WR and OG. Then move around in the draft as needed to ensure you get value on that Center (gotta take one in round 3 or 4 IMO) and the other needs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Y'all act like Snead is the money guy. He's not. He doesn't draw up the contracts...
Exactly. This was 5 years of the Jeff Fisher freight train. Snead scouted, maneuvered and drafted the players that the Stache wanted and Demoff signed off on nearly all of it.

FRO

Legend

This is what happens when you low ball players and lock up nobody. You find yourself in even a worse position a year later where you have to pay much more than you did if you had just taken care of business last season.

Couldn't agree more. Bargain shopping can get you a few nice finds every now and again, but if you want quality you have to pay for it.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Personally it's a lot of cap for him, BUT, we also can't afford to lose him either. There was a drop off losing JJ and it would only get worse losing Tru, IMO..

Hopefully they get a longer term deal done that's more cap friendly.

They should of done this already but is what it is now.