A few bold predictions as of 8/5/17...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't think McVay is going to put too much on him in goal line situations so Gurley will have a nice year for TD's. McVay won't take chances with getting points or mucking up Goff's confidence.

I'm not saying you're off base with your thinking on this @LesBaker and you might very well be correct. Logic says Gurley will be the preferred choice and first option inside the 5 yard-line etc...

I will say though, one of the biggest selling points on Goff coming out of Cal was his innate ability as a redzone/goal line magician to throw the ball with a crazy high success rate.

I could be the one off base on this, but my guess is McVay will not hold back with allowing him to throw the ball in goal line situations and being concerned about mucking up Goff's confidence.

His career redzone stats at Cal were better than almost every one of the top QB's drafted in the last 10 years.

For his entire college career at Cal in goal to go situations, Goff threw 49 touchdowns to just two interceptions.

As a junior, he completed 64.5 percent for 4,714 yards with 43 touchdowns and 13 interceptions,
ranking ninth nationally in passer rating, third in TD passes, second in yards per game, 22nd in completion percentage and 10th in yards per attempt.

While Goff will occasionally force throws and make mistakes, he threw 28 touchdowns and zero interceptions in the red zone.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/174233508/jared-goff-vs-carson-wentz-top-pcik-nfl-draft

redzone.gif

american-nfl-football-goal-line-touchdown-marker-27377089.jpg

la-live-coverage-rams-seattle-seahawks-20161215

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how did the defense...really the secondary look against Rivers....and my own personal sore spot...that guy....Keenan Allen...he of the 4.7 speed..we shoulda locked those muther effers down.

There's more to being a wr than speed. You do realise this allen guy gets open with ease don't you? He's proven it since his first game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not saying you're off base with your thinking on this @LesBaker and you might very well be correct. Logic says Gurley will be the preferred choice and first option inside the 5 yard-line etc...

I will say though, one of the biggest selling points on Goff coming out of Cal was his innate ability as a redzone/goal line magician to throw the ball with a crazy high success rate.

I could be the one off base on this, but my guess is McVay will not hold back with allowing him to throw the ball in goal line situations and being concerned about mucking up Goff's confidence.

His career redzone stats at Cal were better than almost every one of the top QB's drafted in the last 10 years.

For his entire college career at Cal in goal to go situations, Goff threw 49 touchdowns to just two interceptions.

As a junior, he completed 64.5 percent for 4,714 yards with 43 touchdowns and 13 interceptions,
ranking ninth nationally in passer rating, third in TD passes, second in yards per game, 22nd in completion percentage and 10th in yards per attempt.

While Goff will occasionally force throws and make mistakes, he threw 28 touchdowns and zero interceptions in the red zone.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/174233508/jared-goff-vs-carson-wentz-top-pcik-nfl-draft

redzone.gif

I'm not saying it will always be that way, but next year I think he's going to Gurley when they are close to a TD. At some point he will probably keep the ball in Goff's hands but that IMO won't be next year.

Cousins had 25 TD's last year by the way and had been with McVay for three years at the end of the season.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not saying it will always be that way, but next year I think he's going to Gurley when they are close to a TD. At some point he will probably keep the ball in Goff's hands but that IMO won't be next year.

Cousins had 25 TD's last year by the way and had been with McVay for three years at the end of the season.

Fair enough and respect your judgement... I believe McVay will let Goff fling it in 2017 as much as he calls Gurley's number in goal to go situations.. I've been wrong before so we can look back on this at the half way mark of the season. (n)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fair enough and respect your judgement... I believe McVay will let Goff fling it in 2017 as much as he calls Gurley's number in goal to go situations.. I've been wrong before so we can look back on this at the half way mark of the season. (n)

Oh don't get me wrong he will be throwing at a high rate no doubt, but in close he's not going to ignore Gurley.

Last year Cousins threw over 600 passes.........

Ram65

Legend
Gurley will exceed 1200 yards on the ground. Probably more. And he will be a terror as a pass receiving threat, as well.

That sounds right. Better blocking, better play calling and a better Gurley.

Whit will be a Pro Bowle

Very possible. A good year either way.

Joyner and Alexander will make an outstanding S combo, each finally playing at his respective best position under Wade.

Yes

Kupp will be a strong OROY candidate, maybe even winning it. Right HC and right OC plus all the talent necessary in a truly NFL ready rookie that will be the perfect security blanket for the young Goff.

Should be in the running.

Everett will be the starter by game 4, maybe sooner. Will have a strong rookie year in this McVay TE friendly O.

As I stated many times before I think he will make an impact from the start. Too much talent not to be on the field.

If all of the ones mentioned in the OP come true it will be a great year. I like these the most.

nighttrain

Legend
That sounds right. Better blocking, better play calling and a better Gurley.

Very possible. A good year either way.

Yes

Should be in the running.

As I stated many times before I think he will make an impact from the start. Too much talent not to be on the field.

If all of the ones mentioned in the OP come true it will be a great year. I like these the most.
a very good start;)
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw one pass that Goff can throw the F out of is the corner endzone fade. He slayed it even last year in practices I attended. Dude has that touch.

Rambo

UDFA
-Everett will be the break out rookie star
-Malcom Brown will have a lot of rushing yards, around 400
-Gurleys combined yards will be more impressive than just his rushing yards.
-Goff will be solid with a good rating, low interceptions, but not a huge amount of yards or TDs.
-Defense will be top 10, pass coverage a weakness
-Tanzel Smart will get some time and make a couple sacks
-Pharoh Cooper will be among the leagues leaders in returning kicks
-Division will be a tossup with Rams, Hawks, Cards all in it to the end with around 10 wins. They could also make it with a wildcard
-If they make the playoffs they will win the wildcard but lose in the second round. If they win the division they will still lose in the second round. In short I think they will be good enough to just make the playoffs, but wont go very far.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to wonder if it IS possible for everything to click.

Whitworth to the OL....kind of like adding Timmerman.

New offensive system, elite RB, other offensive weapons added..

And this defense really could be top 5 with Phillips running the show. It's all up to Goff and McVay.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Only one week into the first McVay camp, but I'm feeling frisky, okay?

Buckle up, 'cause here goes...

McVay will be named Coach of the Year.

Gurley will exceed 1200 yards on the ground. Probably more. And he will be a terror as a pass receiving threat, as well.

Whit will be a Pro Bowler.

Kupp will be a strong OROY candidate, maybe even winning it. Right HC and right OC plus all the talent necessary in a truly NFL ready rookie that will be the perfect security blanket for the young Goff.

Everett will be the starter by game 4, maybe sooner. Will have a strong rookie year in this McVay TE friendly O.

Sullivan will prove to be the most underrated FA signing of the offseason. The OL will greatly benefit and improve because of his steadying influence.

Aaron Donald will have his best year yet. And that's really saying something, isn't it?

Wade's D will finish Top 5. There, I said it.

Quinn will stay healthy and be a terror in this D.

Barwin will be seen as the second most underrated FA signing. Barwin will get a 3 year extension after this season.

Joyner and Alexander will make an outstanding S combo, each finally playing at his respective best position under Wade.

CB play will be solid, although maybe not a team strength compared to DL/LB/S play. I expect several CB's (not named TruJo) to be extended after this season. Maybe three.

I see McVay, Wade Phillips, and Kromer as our 3 most brilliant offseason moves, and in that order. Whit, Woods, and Sully as FA's come next. Aubrey Pleasant will be considered another gem find.

I see a 10-6 record.

I see playoffs as a distinct possibility, probably as a wild card.

I know that I've missed some, but I do feel fairly strongly about the above selections, tbh.

Who did I miss? Or rather, who did I overestimate? Lol.

If all this happens, I dare say our Rams will do better than 10-6!!!!!!!! I'm Ok with that! :yess:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
There's more to being a wr than speed. You do realize this allen guy gets open with ease don't you? He's proven it since his first game.
meh.....you get a bunch of slow guys out there...makes it hard to score in the redzone.

I'm shocked about Keenan Allen's success....but I've watched him closely...I don't think he's a game changer...he's just a high volume target, and catch short passes on the move guy...his injury history makes it hard to really judge him as a player...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

redzone.gif

Those are some great looking stats, ...

I would like to see this^^ out of him this year!(y);)