A few bold predictions as of 8/5/17...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Only one week into the first McVay camp, but I'm feeling frisky, okay?

Buckle up, 'cause here goes...

McVay will be named Coach of the Year.

Gurley will exceed 1200 yards on the ground. Probably more. And he will be a terror as a pass receiving threat, as well.

Whit will be a Pro Bowler.

Kupp will be a strong OROY candidate, maybe even winning it. Right HC and right OC plus all the talent necessary in a truly NFL ready rookie that will be the perfect security blanket for the young Goff.

Everett will be the starter by game 4, maybe sooner. Will have a strong rookie year in this McVay TE friendly O.

Sullivan will prove to be the most underrated FA signing of the offseason. The OL will greatly benefit and improve because of his steadying influence.

Aaron Donald will have his best year yet. And that's really saying something, isn't it?

Wade's D will finish Top 5. There, I said it.

Quinn will stay healthy and be a terror in this D.

Barwin will be seen as the second most underrated FA signing. Barwin will get a 3 year extension after this season.

Joyner and Alexander will make an outstanding S combo, each finally playing at his respective best position under Wade.

CB play will be solid, although maybe not a team strength compared to DL/LB/S play. I expect several CB's (not named TruJo) to be extended after this season. Maybe three.

I see McVay, Wade Phillips, and Kromer as our 3 most brilliant offseason moves, and in that order. Whit, Woods, and Sully as FA's come next. Aubrey Pleasant will be considered another gem find.

I see a 10-6 record.

I see playoffs as a distinct possibility, probably as a wild card.

I know that I've missed some, but I do feel fairly strongly about the above selections, tbh.

Who did I miss? Or rather, who did I overestimate? Lol.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
What are your thoughts on Goff? Realistically, I'd be happy with 20TD, 12INT, 3800yds and 3 rush TDs. It shows Goff can be an adequate QB in a good offensive system, and yet he hasn't hit his peak.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate being this conservative, but the kool aid jug is empty....
Jared Goff
4500 yards, 25 TD's, 13 INT's

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our passing game is going to be better, no doubt about it in my mind. Run game meh, but it could just be how good our defense is and today's scrimmage should shed some light on that vs the Chargers.

Really looking forward to today's reports for that reason. Hope we have someone there at stubhub.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jared Goff

I would take that season in a heartbeat Loyal. And I'm actually a bit more conservative than you there, thinking he'll be somewhere from high teens to low twenties in TDs. I just pray he stays under that 2:1 ratio and if so we'll be solid.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Only one week into the first McVay camp, but I'm feeling frisky, okay?

Buckle up, 'cause here goes...

McVay will be named Coach of the Year.

Gurley will exceed 1200 yards on the ground. Probably more. And he will be a terror as a pass receiving threat, as well.

Whit will be a Pro Bowler.

Kupp will be a strong OROY candidate, maybe even winning it. Right HC and right OC plus all the talent necessary in a truly NFL ready rookie that will be the perfect security blanket for the young Goff.

Everett will be the starter by game 4, maybe sooner. Will have a strong rookie year in this McVay TE friendly O.

Sullivan will prove to be the most underrated FA signing of the offseason. The OL will greatly benefit and improve because of his steadying influence.

Aaron Donald will have his best year yet. And that's really saying something, isn't it?

Wade's D will finish Top 5. There, I said it.

Quinn will stay healthy and be a terror in this D.

Barwin will be seen as the second most underrated FA signing. Barwin will get a 3 year extension after this season.

Joyner and Alexander will make an outstanding S combo, each finally playing at his respective best position under Wade.

CB play will be solid, although maybe not a team strength compared to DL/LB/S play. I expect several CB's (not named TruJo) to be extended after this season. Maybe three.

I see McVay, Wade Phillips, and Kromer as our 3 most brilliant offseason moves, and in that order. Whit, Woods, and Sully as FA's come next. Aubrey Pleasant will be considered another gem find.

I see a 10-6 record.

I see playoffs as a distinct possibility, probably as a wild card.

I know that I've missed some, but I do feel fairly strongly about the above selections, tbh.

Who did I miss? Or rather, who did I overestimate? Lol.
Sorry 43, I only gave you a "Like" Because I think you "Low-Balled" your expectations! You could have projected higher in most area's!!(y);):D I'm thinking 13-3 and we take the Division in a tight race against the Cards!

lol.png

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jared Goff
I say, NO WAY does Goff throw 13 INT's This year!! Ain't going to happen!! I think closer to 4500 Yds - 32 TD's - 8 INT's!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm down with this. can't wait to see these guys in action.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
A lot of this is doable---but the Barwin extension I just can't see. Ogletree, maybe Joyner, Gurley and others need dollars and Barwin will be 31 and they drafted 2 guys to compete at OLB. Money will be spent elsewhere, like in free agency for ROT

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I love the optimism, and I'm buying in. Actually, I literally bought in with a nice little 3 figure bet on them taking the division. 12-1 odds seemed to good to pass up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

YES!!! I'm with you on that!!!

I hope so, because if he has an off year it'll complicate the contract issue even more than if he has a great year.

thinking he'll be somewhere from high teens to low twenties in TDs. I just pray he stays under that 2:1 ratio and if so we'll be solid.

I'm with you, that sounds about right to me. I don't think McVay is going to put too much on him in goal line situations so Gurley will have a nice year for TD's. McVay won't take chances with getting points or mucking up Goff's confidence.

Tons of energy and enthusiasm from him and it's transferred over to his CB corps BIG time. CB play has been great all camp long.

This is important after all with Jenkins gone and who knows what we will see from Johnson. Even if he plays so-so he's getting a huge contract in free agency.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Pitbulll owner too....ah shit, this McVay guy is the real deal....

Best Rams coach since Verveil here fellas....and Martz & Fish could coach...I think Fish was looking out for some of his boys and their future....Martz didn't delegate well...but knew his shit...

I wonder how did the defense...really the secondary look against Rivers....and my own personal sore spot...that guy....Keenan Allen...he of the 4.7 speed..we shoulda locked those muther effers down.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I bet that our secondary turns into one of the best in the league. With Johnson, Webster, Gaines, NRC, and others (like Penton, who could prove my predictions towards him wrong), Jordan, and Countess, along with Mo and Joyner at their correct positions as well as John Johnson and Cody Davis backing them up, our secondary is going to be elite.

That's not even counting the front seven. When we get Donald back into camp - hopefully with a shiny new contract - this defense is going to truly live up to its hype.