49ers RB Carlos Hyde OUT on Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Be weary of Jarryd Hayne. He was one the greatest rugby players in the Australian League, really experienced at breaking tackles. I don't think shoulder tackles will bring this guy down.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The fact they were running Hyde on a stress fracture blows my mind.

Hayne is interesting but has ball security issues and Bush is washed up.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
This is a huge loss for them. Our defense is fast and hits, it swarms. Carlos Hyde is a hitter of a RB with a really nice combination of elusiveness and lateral movement. Assuming Bush is the next man up, he doesn't bring the power needed to offset our speed on defense. This Niner offense will be in the hands of Kap more because of the loss of Hyde. Third and mediums happen less frequently and that plays strongly into our hand with our pass rush and blitzing.

I'm not overlooking the Niners, but we win this one convincingly based off of the good situations our defense presents our offense.

Debacled

Starter
I think Hyde is over-rated, just my opinion, but either way having another starter down won't help their cause.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
Be weary of Jarryd Hayne. He was one the greatest rugby players in the Australian League, really experienced at breaking tackles. I don't think shoulder tackles will bring this guy down.
Looks like we won't have anything to worry about on that front... Jarryd Hayne has been waived.

Alan

Legend
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...romote-rb-kendall-gaskins-carlos-hyde-injured
49ers RB Carlos Hyde out with injury; Rugby Leaguer Jarryd Hayne waived

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers have waived former Australian Rugby League star Jarryd Hayne.

Jarryd Hayne became expendable with Carlos Hyde's injury
The San Francisco 49ers needed reliable depth at the running back position.

The team announced Saturday that Hayne had been let go and fellow running back Kendall Gaskins was promoted from the practice squad. The Niners will be without starting running back Carlos Hyde on Sunday at St. Louis because of an injured left foot.

Hayne later took to Twitter.

Hayne signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent in March after he gave up a lucrative rugby career in Australia to take a shot at the NFL. Hayne made the roster out of training camp and appeared in six games with the Niners. He had eight carries for 25 yards and returned eight punts for 76 yards.