Wyche: Goff to get more practice reps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is almost no urgency with Goff from these guys. I honestly believe they wouldn't care if he started at all this year.
I guess I understand, but I don't get it.

This year isn't about this season, it's about the next few years. Think of it as a pre-test where you get the results right away so you know what you need to study up on and what you have down pat.

MountainRam

Rookie
There is some 6 dimensional chess from this Rams. Who cares what they say.

They are staring at yet another sub .500 season if they lose this sunday. Hope they planned for this week not about increasing reps for Goff.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This year isn't about this season, it's about the next few years. Think of it as a pre-test where you get the results right away so you know what you need to study up on and what you have down pat.
So all those people buying tickets and traveling to games and spending money on accommodations and food are just a bunch of suckers for expecting them to put the best team possible on the field every week?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Morpheus.jpg

Jared-Goff.jpg

JackStraw

Rookie
I don't want to see Goff until Rams are essentially eliminated from play-off eligibility. I forget the kid is even on the team until articles pop up. I'm just going to hold tight and let him be a pleasant surprise.

Fisher was able to take an end of the road Kerry Collins and an immature Vince Young to the playoffs. Why can't he pull it off with Case? Our schedule is very favorable over next 5 games and can't help but notice some of Fisher's boys have been improving every week. Why can't our defensive backs get coached up and apply some miracle adjustments? Even if they don't - at least they hit hard. Unfortunately, I think it's injuries and lack of depth that holds us back from winning the West.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to see Goff until Rams are essentially eliminated from play-off eligibility. I forget the kid is even on the team until articles pop up. I'm just going to hold tight and let him be a pleasant surprise.

Fisher was able to take an end of the road Kerry Collins and an immature Vince Young to the playoffs. Why can't he pull it off with Case? Our schedule is very favorable over next 5 games and can't help but notice some of Fisher's boys have been improving every week. Why can't our defensive backs get coached up and apply some miracle adjustments? Even if they don't - at least they hit hard. Unfortunately, I think it's injuries and lack of depth that holds us back from winning the West.

I hope you realize that Fisher's stubbornness in starting Kerry Collins is what cost the Titans a shot at the playoffs during Vince Young's rookie year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope you realize that Fisher's stubbornness in starting Kerry Collins is what cost the Titans a shot at the playoffs during Vince Young's rookie year.
I'm not sure I would call it stubbornness. He did pull him after 3 games, which is a bold move considering Collins - at the time - was a decent veteran. As evidenced by the fact that he posted a 12-3 record a couple years later and helped them get into the playoffs. And Young wasn't exactly great at throwing the football. He didn't have a great camp. He also lost his first two games with the Titans too. The team, as a whole, kind of gelled after those two posted 5 losses in a row.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure I would call it stubbornness. He did pull him after 3 games, which is a bold move considering Collins - at the time - was a decent veteran. As evidenced by the fact that he posted a 12-3 record a couple years later and helped them get into the playoffs. And Young wasn't exactly great at throwing the football. He didn't have a great camp. He also lost his first two games with the Titans too. The team, as a whole, kind of gelled after those two posted 5 losses in a row.

He pulled him because Bud Adams demanded he pull him.

And it wasn't about the team gelling. It was one of those weird Tebow situations where Young did enough at the right time for them to win. Collins didn't. He had 1 TD to 6 Ints in his 3 starts. Yet, Fisher still wanted to move forward with him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I know.

That was one helluva team that Ben stepped into though. Roethlisberger didnt have a phenomenal year or anything, statistically speaking, but it didn't matter. They could run the ball and had a dominant D.
I also remember an offensive player that was VERY unhappy with the fact that Ben was going to be their starting QB.
I can't remember who it was, but he was very vocal about his dislike for Ben starting.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
tumblr_oe8hwijxAK1r5lqijo1_500.gif

(disclaimer: I'm only busting your chops)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1885470

Co-captain Alan Faneca sounded less than thrilled when he discussed the prospect of a rookie leading the charge against the Dolphins.

"Exciting?" Faneca replied to a question with disbelief in his voice, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. "No, it's not exciting. Do you want to go work with some little young kid who's just out of college?

"Everybody's got to do a little more," the All-Pro offensive guard told the newspaper. "Everybody's got to help out, got to do a little more, do a little extra, take that extra step, put the extra work in this week and rally around him and help out.

"It's a learning process for him. He's a No. 1 pick, he's fresh out of college and that's the big thing. He's throwing in a new offense. ... He has to learn that, too, so there's a lot to soak in. It's like every play you get better, you see things, you start to realize things, how a play works, how defenses react to it. It's just a process."

A Voice gif? I'm gonna give that a thumbs...up.

And a +1 on the take. I think the net effect of a rookie QB is that everyone else has to do more and THEY know it. While they see the potential, in the here and now (the NFL before anything else for players means Not For Long) it means doing more and getting less. The organization has the luxury and even the requirement to think long term. Players have to think short term because that's all they have...and in the short term...rookies rarely deliver...especially at QB. I can see why vets would be less than enthusiastic about a rookie QB...even if he's destined to be super awesome down the road.

Cuz, after all, there's no guarantee that most of those players will even be in the league once that QB gets to that super awesome level.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have to disagree. The Lions loss is definitely on the defense. The Bills loss is not. It was 16-16 in the 4th. We had the ball with the ability to take the lead. It was the offense that melted down and blew it.

Should never have been 16-16. Lions hadn't given up a rushing TD all year. Fisher should have taken the FG.

We are not at the point on O where we DICTATE to defenses with our running game, so the call to go for it was misguided (to be generous).

The very philosophy of our supposed Fisherball should have been to control the clock, take EVERY POINT we can and suffocate the opponent's offense. That's why having a kicker like GZ is so crucial.

If we're up 19-16, the entire game is different and our D is playing to its strengths. Instead, Fisher is trying to be a hybrid of a power team and the Green Bay Packers...and if anyone's checked...even the Packers have struggled to be the Packers with Rodgers being less than his normal superhuman self.

I put the Bills loss on the coaching first, D second.

I've seen plenty of coaches fall on their sword and own their mistakes. Have YET to see Fisher admit to being outcoached or to really screwing up something obvious. It's annoying. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone loses at some point. Everyone gets out-thunk, outmaneuvered, out..whatevered...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should never have been 16-16. Lions hadn't given up a rushing TD all year. Fisher should have taken the FG.

I put the Bills loss on the coaching first, D second.

I'm talking about the Bills game where it was 16-16. That loss is on the offense and then coaching. The defense was beat to hell and still held together well enough to give us a chance to take the lead in the 4th quarter while holding the Bills under 20 points. Keenum threw a pick six. Then we had the terrible fake punt. And voila, there's 30 points due to offensive and coaching miscues.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think the main thing to remember here is that Fisher is DELETED (come on man). So even if he says today that Keenum will continue to play after the bye, there's still a large chance Goff could get in there.

It wouldn't be the first time Fisher lied to everyone.
Not going to let the deleted part go.

Aside from that.. Quick... name the HC that tells everything straight up when it comes to player moves. There isn't one.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is a good analogy, and it probably would be a smart move, IF we had a QB Like say Rogers, Rivers, Brees or Brady, to put back in there, if things go south. But we don't. And I think Keenum is only just now really developing his timing with the WR's. I wouldn't want to mess that up!! (y)o_O Thoughts!?!