Wyche: Goff to get more practice reps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If we lose to the Giants giving us 3 losses in a row you have to start to consider it for real, IMO. Something to get the team excited about.
Plus, the bye gives him another full week to practice with the starters.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I personally don't think Goff will be ready this year. Careful what you boys wish for

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Which ever QB gives The Rams a better chance to win should start and that's not up to us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There is almost no urgency with Goff from these guys. I honestly believe they wouldn't care if he started at all this year.
I guess I understand, but I don't get it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we lose to the Giants giving us 3 losses in a row you have to start to consider it for real, IMO. Something to get the team excited about.
Plus, the bye gives him another full week to practice with the starters.

That would be my take as well.

lockdnram21

Legend
There is almost no urgency with Goff from these guys. I honestly believe they wouldn't care if he started at all this year.
I guess I understand, but I don't get it.
I really think the plan was for him to sit the whole year

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I suppose I could see it going either way if they lose this week. But, if Keenum and the offense have another good game and the defense can't hold a lead I don't know how you blame that on Keenum. He has been playing better than a lot of people thought he would and I don't know if I'd be ready to sell out the rest of the season to allow Goff to get some OJT. I stil expect this team to make a push for the playoffs even if they are 3-4

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
But.. But.. But... I thought good ole Jim Thomas' sources said the team was concerned with his leadership skills and his capability to start? And that maybe they made a mistake?? :dizzy:

Fuck you Jim and your supposed sources! Can't wait till Goff gets on the field and starts lighting it up!! :yess::yay:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
tumblr_o3d8t9Om1e1uelrglo1_540.png

That is what I think about it. I will believe it when I see it until then it is just words.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I personally don't think Goff will be ready this year. Careful what you boys wish for

I think he'd be ready if they wanted him to. There are throws that he can make that Keenum simply can't, and the 4th quarter interception in the Lions game is one of those throws.

Goff may be prone to mistakes because he needs to learn the game, and that's part of his development, and that's fine. If we're going to lose games because of Keenum's physical ability, then there's little/no upside there. If we're going to lose games because of Goff's mental ability, well at least he (hopefully) learns from the mistake.

It's nothing against Keenum either, we just have a more talented QB that we gave up a little bounty for that is sitting and waiting. Play the kid.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think people tend to underestimate the power of an exciting young QB. The defense feeds off it. Look at Tebow or Wilson or any other guy who just makes everyone more pumped up and ready to play. I think Goff could do that for this team.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
If Keenum has another good game, I wonder if he will become trade bait. Then Fisher surprises us and starts Goff after the bye.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Keenum has another good game, I wonder if he will become trade bait. Then Fisher surprises us and starts Goff after the bye.
This, I hope that Case has a great game we win and then Denver comes calling and we get a 2nd back. I do not wish for Case to be traded to a crappy team, but if we could work out a deal that is good for us and good for Case win-win. He is most likely gone next year anyways so might as well get something for him before he walks.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I doubt case is working to be trade bait because I thought the priority is to win games.

Seeing 3 or 4 qbs playing their first year and doing better than Case even though all of them came out rated much lower in ability, upside, and nfl readiness, than goff, has me questioning the rams judgement in either drafting goff, or how they are developing him, especially since of the 4 teams mentioned, only Denvers defense is on the same level and you can guess where I am on their running backs compared to gurley

If they lose to the Giants the season is in serious jeopardy with the remaining schedule so they would have to play goff. The fan base dynamic is still pivotal and starting case after 3 straight losses to teams the rams should have beat, would be a hard thing for fans to watch. Every mistake would be considered another step in the wrong direction.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think people tend to underestimate the power of an exciting young QB. The defense feeds off it. Look at Tebow or Wilson or any other guy who just makes everyone more pumped up and ready to play. I think Goff could do that for this team.
tumblr_oe8hwijxAK1r5lqijo1_500.gif

(disclaimer: I'm only busting your chops)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1885470

Co-captain Alan Faneca sounded less than thrilled when he discussed the prospect of a rookie leading the charge against the Dolphins.

"Exciting?" Faneca replied to a question with disbelief in his voice, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. "No, it's not exciting. Do you want to go work with some little young kid who's just out of college?

"Everybody's got to do a little more," the All-Pro offensive guard told the newspaper. "Everybody's got to help out, got to do a little more, do a little extra, take that extra step, put the extra work in this week and rally around him and help out.

"It's a learning process for him. He's a No. 1 pick, he's fresh out of college and that's the big thing. He's throwing in a new offense. ... He has to learn that, too, so there's a lot to soak in. It's like every play you get better, you see things, you start to realize things, how a play works, how defenses react to it. It's just a process."