Why the Rams should sign RGIII and why they definitely should not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At the Right Price, Would You Want the Rams to Sign RG3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 46 63.9%

• Total voters

iced

Hell no - I believe Keenum is better than RG3 and I think Mannion has a ton of potential for the future. Would be a wasted roster spot

jjab360

Legend
I want to because I still see some redeemable qualities there, but I prefer Foles as a starter and Keenum as a backup because he knows his role and is willing to put the work in.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love how fans are saying he'll be picked up on waivers.

There is zero chance of that. If a team picked him up on waivers they would owe him over $3 million for 2015, AND have that $16.1 million dollars for 2016 which would be guaranteed if he got injured. No chance.

Now, some teams will gamble on giving him the minimum, with Washington picking up the rest for 2015. But that only applies after he makes it through waivers and is a free agent.

It won't be the Rams in any case. He wouldn't want to come play for them as a backup, and the Rams wouldn't want him to mess up team chemistry. Seattle would be a chance, Denver and Philly are other good options. I could see RG3 figuring that playing for Kelly behind an injury prone QB might be the shot he needs. Or if he's smart, playing under Shanahan again, behind a hall of famer who will likely retire after this season.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I voted yes! We clearly would be a better team if the best QB in the league played for us. Absolute no brainer. Lets trade 3 1st rounders for him too.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I love how fans are saying he'll be picked up on waivers.

There is zero chance of that. If a team picked him up on waivers they would owe him over $3 million for 2015, AND have that $16.1 million dollars for 2016 which would be guaranteed if he got injured. No chance.

Now, some teams will gamble on giving him the minimum, with Washington picking up the rest for 2015. But that only applies after he makes it through waivers and is a free agent.

It won't be the Rams in any case. He wouldn't want to come play for them as a backup, and the Rams wouldn't want him to mess up team chemistry. Seattle would be a chance, Denver and Philly are other good options. I could see RG3 figuring that playing for Kelly behind an injury prone QB might be the shot he needs. Or if he's smart, playing under Shanahan again, behind a hall of famer who will likely retire after this season.
Good point. I did not know that. I was thinking that the contract didn't go with him unless it was a trade. That it stays with him all the way until waivers are cleared does make sense though. It might be unprecedented... Has anyone signed a player to the bonus year option then immediately cut them? The question remains the same either way though... who goes after him as a FA?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"At the Right Price, Would You Want the Rams to Sign RG3?"

I voted yes, but the right price for me is they give us 2 first and a second and we take RGIII off their hands.
Maybe if they paid us just a little more than this^!

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Sign him for a day and retire his number just as a reminder of the massive hual we got in the trade for him. He will forever be linked to the rams anyway.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
OMG, if he came cheaply enough, and I was a GM, which I'm not and never should be, I would be so tempted to sign him ... just to be an ass about the whole trade.

But the numero uno reason why I wouldn't do it is because captain ego maniac couldn't beat out Kirk Cousins.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know who should probably take a shot?

Denver.

Peyton's 39...you give Griffin a year or two to get right on the bench learning behind maybe football's best brain...Kubiak is from that Shanahan school that loves zone blocking and stretch plays, and Griffin did his best work for Kyle Shanahan...if he ever does regain form you could do worse throwing to DT...and I don't think much of the Oswiller succession plan myself.

JMO. That may be his best spot if he's gonna have a shot.

I don't think so.

RG3-10 got the shanahans fired from the skins.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Absolutely if we had the roster space.
Rams would use him as he should be....Special teams.

…..

Legend
Waiting for this Headline

"Redskins move RG3 to Wide reciever"

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I think that the troll value of signing him would be the ONLY positive of that situation. I'd like to believe that our front office/coaching staff take things a little more seriously than to even consider it.