Why the Eagles need to sign Sam Bradford/Signs two-year contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
They got rid of Kelly. Won't be surprised if they do better than expected. Pederson is a wildcard.

Better than expected, but despite winning 4 games this season, I expect the Cowboys to win the division. Giants and eagles have new coaches, and the redskins are the redskins. We need defense like a mofo..

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Better than expected, but despite winning 4 games this season, I expect the Cowboys to win the division. Giants and eagles have new coaches, and the redskins are the redskins. We need defense like a mofo..
Just getting Romo back, wins you a few more games.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The Jerrys won 4 games with a carousel at QB after losing the starter.

Fisher wins 13 games in 2 years with second and third string guys and he sucks as a coach.

See what I did there?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Jerrys won 4 games with a carousel at QB after losing the starter.

Fisher wins 13 games in 2 years with second and third string guys and he sucks as a coach.

See what I did there?
I'm with you.
QB or bust this year. Do whatever it takes.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Yes it does. We also had a ton of other injuries. Surely we can't be that unlucky 2 years in a row. I hope someone locks Jerry in a closet, and we have a good draft. Especially after the Rams give us 2 firsts to trade up. :banana:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes it does. We also had a ton of other injuries. Surely we can't be that unlucky 2 years in a row. I hope someone locks Jerry in a closet, and we have a good draft. Especially after the Rams give us 2 firsts to trade up. :banana:

You talk about unlucky injuries for the Cowboys two years in a row on a Rams' board? :thinking:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't follow.

You should've been here in 2011 when we were literally plucking Al Harris from the grave to start at cornerback for us. The Rams have the market cornered on injuries.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You should've been here in 2011 when we were literally plucking Al Harris from the grave to start at cornerback for us. The Rams have the market cornered on injuries.

Heck, year after year OL injuries up the wazoo. Even in 2015 two starters out for the season on the same play.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The Eagles need to trade for Nick Foles. Stat. Their 2016 season will go into the toilet if they don't. And they must have a coupon for a free Arby's Beef and Cheddar laying around to provide compensation.

Pull the trigger, Philly. You know you want to. You know you need to.

Philly GM: "I couldn't find the beef and cheddar coupon, but this one says free medium sized fountain drink with your next purchase of $5- or more. Will that work?"

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Fluke injuries or not, he has been overwhelmingly a training room tease for our Horns for too much of his stay here. I always liked how he would bounce back stronger than before injury . . . only to get injured yet again. Injuries aside, I genuinely though he was our ticket to the Super Bowl if we could build a decent enough team around him. I mean, can we even imagine a consistently healthy Sam with an ascending TGII and Tavon in the backfield together?

Training room tease? Wait, was this thread about Peyton Manning? :whistle:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

"Oh my, GM Rynie. You drive a hard bargain. But it's a deal! You may have our 2009 and 2010 first round picks as compensation to move up. Yessiree, and for good measure we'll throw in second rounder Isaiah Pead to seal the deal!"

"Now. How about a Fresca?!":mrburnsevil:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Oh my, GM Rynie. You drive a hard bargain. But it's a deal! You may have our 2009 and 2010 first round picks as compensation to move up. Yessiree, and for good measure we'll throw in second rounder Isaiah Pead to seal the deal!"

"Now. How about a Fresca?!":mrburnsevil:

Geez, he obviously meant future picks, not wasted past picks. I propose two firsts - the Rams' 2116 first and their 2217 first. How about it @Rynie? Don't answer yet - have some of that bourbon that Jerruh always carries with him first, to clear your mind. No, a bit more of the bourbon before answering.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/02/16/howard-eskin-franchise-sam-bradford/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Today, February 16th, is the first day NFL teams can slap the franchise tag on one of their players.

For the Philadelphia Eagles, they must make that decision at the game’s most critical position, as their quarterback Sam Bradford is set to become a free-agent if he is not tagged or signed.

94WIP’s Howard Eskin told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show that he is hearing the Eagles “will not” tag the 28-year-old former No. 1 overall pick.

“Well I’m hearing they will not franchise him,” Eskin said of Bradford on Tuesday morning. “And there’s no reason to franchise him the first day that you’re permitted to do that, because you want to try to work out a contract. So all this, ‘Oh they’re on the clock.’ Well when it gets to March 2nd, that’s when they could have some issues ’cause that’s when teams are allowed to talk to the agent — not talk money, which I think is ridiculous and bogus because you know they do. And then March 9th [is when free-agency and the 2016 season officially begins].”

Eskin believes the Eagles should — and can — retain Bradford for less than $20 million per season.

“I think the Eagles need him, that’s number one,” Eskin said. “I don’t think he’s worth 20 million [dollars]. If he wants to play in an offense he is now comfortable with, he knows the coach can help a quarterback because that’s the tree that he grew under — I mean they made Alex Smith look good in Kansas City. So if he wants to try to be successful, does that five million extra a year — if they offer him 14, 15 million — does that make a difference in his world when he got all that money to sign the last number one pick that wasn’t under a rookie salary cap?

“I think what’s gonna happen is if Sam doesn’t recognize that he has to take less money — and his agent [Tom Condon] wants him to go in the free agent market,” Eskin continued. “And I don’t know that anybody is going to pay him 20 million. Trust me, his agent turned down 20 million a year so his agent thinks he can get 20 million. Everybody talks about [the] Houston [Texans]. 20 million dollars for at least four years is a lot of money, especially in the case of a quarterback if he gets hurt.”

The deadline to franchise tag a player — which would bind said player to his team for one-year — is March 1st at 4:00 p.m. E.T. Free-agents can sign with new clubs beginning on March 9th at 4:00 p.m. E.T.

Eskin believes Bradford will become a free-agent, but could come running back to Philadelphia because of an underwhelming market.

“I don’t see them franchising him and I think they’re going to let him go out and say, ‘OK go out and see what you can get’ and then you can come back to us,” Eskin reiterated. “That’s what I think they’re going to try to do. I do know, from everything I’ve heard, that I don’t believe from everything that I’ve been told that they will not franchise him. That doesn’t mean they don’t want to sign him at the right price, but I think they’re going to let him go out there and see what he’s worth on the open market.”

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Romo back,

Was that intentional?

Surely we can't be that unlucky 2 years in a row

That is what I said after Sam's first knee injury. So, exactly why do you figure that the Cowboys win the division? I don't see it. Right now the Redskins are a better team, with Cousins. Cowboys defense is not good. Their QB is perpetually injured, the backups have not gotten it done and they need a good runningback. Looks like a last place team to me.

Ram65

Legend
“I think the Eagles need him, that’s number one,” Eskin said. “I don’t think he’s worth 20 million [dollars]. If he wants to play in an offense he is now comfortable with, he knows the coach can help a quarterback because that’s the tree that he grew under — I mean they made Alex Smith look good in Kansas City. So if he wants to try to be successful, does that five million extra a year — if they offer him 14, 15 million — does that make a difference in his world when he got all that money to sign the last number one pick that wasn’t under a rookie salary cap?

I find Bradford's future contract very interesting. Could be very incentive based on games played and performance. Seem Conden's 25 Million is way off. Even the 20 Million here seems overly optimistic. Really what difference would 3 -5 Million make at this point.