Who's down with SJB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it's been reported in multiple places that Bradford's salary demands are NORTH of $18M. I read somewhere that it's $20M.

Bradford can demand that all he wants. He can go find someone else to pay him that.

So, I'm not sure how one can simply ignore the market for his services and think he may be available for something substantially less. If I'm missing something, let me know.

I don't think any of us know what his market will be like. If I'm taking him back, it's because his market didn't pan out and he's willing to accept a reasonable "prove it" deal.

Every year teams do their best to address every position. Sometimes they do, sometimes they think they have (Foles) and sometimes they go with what they have because there's only so much money and they spent it elsewhere.

Not talking about money, I'm talking about draft capital. We have had plenty of it over the past few years. We can sacrifice draft capital this year to make sure we get our guy.

Short of that, we miss out on the top three and none of the FA QBs are any better than Keenum. Not enough to pay, anyway. Fitz isn't leaving the Jets and Bradford is gonna get paid, and I dunno that Fish is gonna bet his redshirt senior season on Chase Daniel, presuming he could even get him.

I'll bet my season on Chase Daniel before I bet it on Case Keenum.

Will it be incompetence if I end up being right? I'm just looking at likely scenarios.

Yes. It'll be incompetence if we don't come away with one of Goff, Wentz, Lynch, or Cook this off-season.(assuming we don't pull a proven vet out of our behinds)

Mick

Pro Bowler
funny-gif9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd take him back, if he paid the Rams some of the money back from his first contract. Maybe 15million a year for three years.

I think revisiting Sam would be just like taking back your high school girlfriend, after you graduated college. You would instantly know it was a mistake.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He had a healthy season with us too. Sorry - but I think this ship has sailed. Even if you could craft a contract that got you of the hook if he went down, you still have that top QB position reliant on someone who simply has injury issues. I like Sam and think he has great tools. I just don't think they are so great that you take that chance again unless you could get a real sweetheart deal. And even then, you better be getting your #2 a lot of first team reps.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have more of a problem with giving up multiple picks (2 first and a 2nd??? hell no) for a questionable rookie, there are no Andrew Lucks in this draft, than bringing Bradford back.

The need to explore every option and I believe they will. If he's willing and they can work out a deal fine, Bradford is still better than 70% of the QBs getting paid in the league. Case and Mannion are decent back ups. And there is no need to reach for a QB in this draft.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My input would be a Big HELL NO... especially at the rumored amounts I've heard that his agent is shooting for.

But even at a reasonable price... I'd still pass.

I'm no mind reader... but when I watched him play, I never liked what I saw in his eyes. I've got several friends who are fans of teams in the NFC East, and they commented to me all last year about how he looked like a deer in the headlights when they watched him out there on the field.

There's no doubt that he has been blessed with some great physical talents. I just don't think he loves football. My impression is that he loves what football can do for him, but he doesn't love the game.

And in addition to all of my impeccable mind reading insight of Sam's private beliefs. Add in his injury history. I don't think I could watch him go out on the field for us again without having to HEAVILY medicate myself first. It's not a matter of if he's gonna go down... it's just a matter of when.

I don't see him ever doing anything more than he has ever done on the football field. We have all seen what the results will be with him under center for long enough now. He's not the answer.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he would sign for the right price, sure - it would give the Rams time to develop somebody else.

But that is highly unlikely to happen. So let some other team give him a bunch of guaranteed money.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

That would be a dream come true for me. Sam can hit FA and Guage his worth. I doubt any team will break the bank for him and he signs with the Rams at a reasonable rate. As long as the Rams have plan b in place.

Is there bad blood between him and the Rams?

I agree! I think Bradford proved he can stay healthy! I think having a good plan "B" in place would be prudent! Pass protection by the O-Line is Key!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Okay...

Think about this; Sam Jacob Bradford returns.

:rolllaugh:

Okay, stop laughing...

Our #1 overall pick in 2010. He's healthy. He's got experience to win with. We have Mannion buried for development. We have Keenum for the spot starts.

We do not have to trade up for a QB.

We have a 1st and two 2nds to add to the team.

I mean... If we want to win now, what are our options? A rookie QB?

If we can get Goff or Wentz, I'm down. But what's our plan B to win games now?

Just putting the option on the table. :sneaky:

I'm not laughing, CGI.

In fact, I've suggested this very possibility elsewhere, myself.

If one can avoid the tendency to make a knee jerk negative decision, it actually makes a ton of sense on many levels.

One thing is for damned sure. Staying put with our current QB corps is not an option if this team is serious about making the playoffs.

Approx $60+ million in cap space has been created, so the money will be there.

No drafted QB is likely to be any help in '16, according to pundits and draft gurus I've read.

So I'll just say this.

If anybody has a better idea to get us a playoff caliber QB that can help us win THIS year, well,...

I'm all ears.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have no problem with the Rams kicking the tires on bringing Sam back.

The problem is that kicking Bradford's tires means he'll be out for the season again.

Ram65

Legend
Okay...

Think about this; Sam Jacob Bradford returns.

:rolllaugh:

Okay, stop laughing...

Our #1 overall pick in 2010. He's healthy. He's got experience to win with. We have Mannion buried for development. We have Keenum for the spot starts.

We do not have to trade up for a QB.

We have a 1st and two 2nds to add to the team.

I mean... If we want to win now, what are our options? A rookie QB?

If we can get Goff or Wentz, I'm down. But what's our plan B to win games now?

Just putting the option on the table. :sneaky:

Good for you because, I didn't want to start this threat. :hiding: It certainly is an option should the Eagles not resign him.

I think they Rams are in position to win over the next 2-3 years, beyond that I don't know. So the options at QB would have to produce soon. Goff and Wentz would need around 8 games before they could start or most of the season. That's what the draft guys are saying. Rams will have to trade up to get one of them. If Demoff could put together a deal that limits the Rams liability to three years I would go for it. Yes, it going to cost 18-20 Million. It could be a 4-5 year deal with an out and little cap hit in year 4 if injured or cut. The expected improvement in the offensive line and the running of Todd Gurley would give Sam more open passing opportunities. The Rams could go get some weapons with the 1st round pick and the 2 2nd round picks. It's a gamble but so is getting the rookies QBs and them producing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd have no problem with the Rams kicking the tires on bringing Sam back.

The problem is that kicking Bradford's tires means he'll be out for the season again.

:LOL:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ah man this place will be pumping if he comes back.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
giphy.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-they-want-bradford-negotiations-are-ongoing/

Eagles say they want Bradford, negotiations are ongoing
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrmnwzmmdgzmgjlnme3nzdkzdmzmwm0yjk4mwewmdgz-e1440350239431.jpeg
Getty Images

With free agency looming, the Eagles continue to say they hope Sam Bradford remains in Philadelphia.

Eagles front office boss Howie Roseman said today at the Scouting Combine that negotiations with Bradford’s agent are ongoing, and they hope a deal can be reached.

“We’ve been pretty clear all along that we’d like to have Sam Bradford back,” Roseman said. “You’re not going anywhere without a quarterback.”

Eagles coach Doug Pederson added that he thinks Bradford wants to be in Philadelphia just as much as the Eagles want him to stay.

The question, then, is why a deal isn’t done yet. The Eagles acted fast to lock up some of their other veterans at the beginning of this offseason, but so far there’s been only talk, not action, on Bradford. That suggests that while the Eagles want Bradford and Bradford wants to stay, Bradford wants more money than the Eagles want to pay.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That suggests that while the Eagles want Bradford and Bradford wants to stay, Bradford wants more money than the Eagles want to pay.
I don't think he understands that his rookie contract wasn't based on his talent.
As such, he shouldn't be trying to match it now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If anybody has a better idea to get us a playoff caliber QB that can help us win THIS year, well,...
When has Sam ever proven to be a playoff caliber QB??

9013775-large.jpg