Who's down with SJB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay...

Think about this; Sam Jacob Bradford returns.

:rolllaugh:

Okay, stop laughing...

Our #1 overall pick in 2010. He's healthy. He's got experience to win with. We have Mannion buried for development. We have Keenum for the spot starts.

We do not have to trade up for a QB.

We have a 1st and two 2nds to add to the team.

I mean... If we want to win now, what are our options? A rookie QB?

If we can get Goff or Wentz, I'm down. But what's our plan B to win games now?

Just putting the option on the table. :sneaky:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would be happy bringing him back for under 20M per while still doing whatever it takes to land Goff or Wentz. No way am I trusting Bradfords health. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me six times...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have been arguing with my son about this. If you bring him in, you now definitley have better short term and long term back up options. So if he goes down, you are not dead. Of course the main issue is how much do you pay him? Hate to give him some rediculous contract and then have him go down again. The Rams would look like fools.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No thank you.

I know he's a good QB, but one year of staying healthy doesn't convince me he's put it all behind him.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
The return of our savior. Truly the stroyline of the century.

WHO COULD DENY HIS CLAIM TO THE THRONE?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no issues with Bradford on a reasonable deal...but we still have to draft one of the top QBs. There's no way I'm trusting Bradford to stay healthy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Okay...

:rolllaugh:

Okay, stop laughing...

Our #1 overall pick in 2010. He's healthy. He's got experience to win with. We have Mannion buried for development. We have Keenum for the spot starts.

We do not have to trade up for a QB.

We have a 1st and two 2nds to add to the team.

I mean... If we want to win now, what are our options? A rookie QB?

If we can get Goff or Wentz, I'm down. But what's our plan B to win games now?

Just putting the option on the table. :sneaky:
[av]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/starwars5/learn.mp3[/av]

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The prob with Sam is he's gonna be looking for years of security. He's not gonna sign a bridge contract with the Rams unless that's all he gets around the league which is unlikely. And a long term deal for Sam would be very dumb particularly for us.

Way I look at it what matters is the next ten years. Fish can use Case as the bridge QB. He can supplement WR/TE in FA and/or in the draft. But there is no other real way to get a true franchise changing QB than the draft. Move up and give up the picks, who cares? Get the guy who changes everything for you.

IF they give up a second round pick and a first next year on top of their 15 overall selection to move up they can go into next season with a FA addition at WR and a draft pick like Boyd next to Tavon, and still be able to address some other positions like TE, kicker, whatever. AND then go into camp with a guy like Wentz or Goff on our QB depth chart. Think about how exciting that would be. Draft one of these guys now and even the rawest of them should be ready for 2019 when that stadium opens.

IMO getting their QB is job one. They gotta get that done and none of these FAs represents a solution.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have no issues with Bradford on a reasonable deal...but we still have to draft one of the top QBs. There's no way I'm trusting Bradford to stay healthy.

And how exactly do you cram more than $18M per into "reasonable deal"? He's gonna want decent guarantees and multiple years.

If Keenum goes down in the fourth game, it doesn't cripple the franchise. If Bradford does... He'd do it again.

I actually he's BY FAR the best option talent and scheme wise out there.

BUT!!!

There's no way in hell we get Wentz or Goff without trading away the store, I don't care what Mocks say now.

And there's no way in hell we get Bradford on a one year prove it deal which is the only way anything north of $12M makes any kind of sense at all.

So, it all comes down to wishful thinking.

If I had to bet, I'd say we go BPA in the first and it will probably be a defensive player.

Cook, Hackenberg, Prescott and others aren't worth a first and other than Wentz, no other QB is worth trading up for someone who is also a fit for what Boras and Groh are going to want to do (which is why I can't see them going after Goff). This year Fish isn't going to burn a first on a QB who is going to sit like Lynch needs to.

I dunno where the QB comes from. The answer may be we just don't answer that this year. That actually seems like the most likely scenario.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Bring back Sam, sign RG3, and get Johnny Fooseball out of rehab and let them fight it out for bust of the century.
Sounds like a plan!:rolllaugh:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That would be a dream come true for me. Sam can hit FA and Guage his worth. I doubt any team will break the bank for him and he signs with the Rams at a reasonable rate. As long as the Rams have plan b in place.

Is there bad blood between him and the Rams?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how exactly do you cram more than $18M per into "reasonable deal"? He's gonna want decent guarantees and multiple years.

You don't.

I dunno where the QB comes from. The answer may be we just don't answer that this year. That actually seems like the most likely scenario.

They better answer it this year. I don't believe for a second that Snead is incompetent enough to be content with what we have.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Staying healthy for a year is a start for Bradford but not enough for a long term deal.Our oline is getting better and he would be playing on grass instead of concrete.But the only way I would be good with it if it was a short term contract at a reasonable salary. Having said that Bradford has already proven that he will not give up any cash so I don't see it happening.

A55VA6

Legend
Pretty much where I'm at as well.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Well, he's the best FA QB available. By a long shot. Good points on him needing a long term deal.

i do think they if we pick up a FA QB (like it or not) that the FO will not use pick 15 or draft higher for a QB. I would not be shocked to see them trade back into the 1st for a Connor Cook or Lynch if he falls that far.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Okay...

I would seriously have to think about burning my Rams jerseys and walking away if this guy returns to the team. He's an accident waiting to happen. But Bill Murray said it best...

giphy.gif

Sam Bradford back with the Rams?

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I am for any solution that doesn't involve trading up for one of these mediocre at best QBs this year. Our first 3 picks are precious and picking BPA could land us a Pro Bowler or two. The defensive linemen this year are incredible.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You don't.

Well, it's been reported in multiple places that Bradford's salary demands are NORTH of $18M. I read somewhere that it's $20M.

Now his agent may end up conceding a little, but there's no way Bradford takes anything less than a 3 year deal with some pretty nice guarantees. And he only needs one QB hungry team to give it to him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bradford sign a 3 yr, $58M contract with more than $20M guaranteed. And, honestly, in this market, I see that as a bedrock lowball type deal.

This is more much a function of rarity in a demand economy than it is a reflection of his value as a percentage of the cap. Once again, Sam Bradford's timing economically speaking is impeccable.

That's all to say he's just not going to sign for less.

So, I'm not sure how one can simply ignore the market for his services and think he may be available for something substantially less. If I'm missing something, let me know.

They better answer it this year. I don't believe for a second that Snead is incompetent enough to be content with what we have.

Every year teams do their best to address every position. Sometimes they do, sometimes they think they have (Foles) and sometimes they go with what they have because there's only so much money and they spent it elsewhere.

There are certain scenarios which make it all, but certain that we aren't getting the top 3 QBs. Short of a massive trade up and I don't see that happening... I mean...if something crazy happened and the Browns took Goff and Wentz was still there for the Cowboys at 4...maybe...cuz Dallas needs picks badly.

Short of that, we miss out on the top three and none of the FA QBs are any better than Keenum. Not enough to pay, anyway. Fitz isn't leaving the Jets and Bradford is gonna get paid, and I dunno that Fish is gonna bet his redshirt senior season on Chase Daniel, presuming he could even get him.

They are gonna bring in someone, but I dunno who. I'm just prepared (and everyone should be) that our QBs in camp may be Keenum, Foles, Mannion and 2nd/3rd round draft pick... That's my bet. We'll see, but if they don't move Foles prior to the draft, I can't see them going QB in the first.

Will it be incompetence if I end up being right? I'm just looking at likely scenarios.