Who's down with SJB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he understands that his rookie contract wasn't based on his talent.
As such, he shouldn't be trying to match it now.

I have no problem with anybody - especially athletes who know they will have a short career - trying to maximize their earnings. We have no idea if it's greed, if it's just a sense of worth and wanting to be paid commensurately, if Sam or anybody else has plans for charity with most of it, or if Sam just doesn't want the owners to get away with paying what is actually a relatively low percentage of revenues for the actual product we watch, while the players suffer physically.

Besides, does Sam have any particular reason to WANT to play in Philly except the money?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My god how this site would blow up if that happened!!

I'm okay with it, it's either him or RGMe...or status quo (Da da dum dum, dum dum dum)

Don't see them drafting a QB in the freaking 1st round ( not gonna happen)

Sorry resident dratniks

Rams43

Hall of Fame
When has Sam ever proven to be a playoff caliber QB??

9013775-large.jpg

Gonna let that one slide, Faceplant.

'Cause I like ya.

And I know you knew perfectly well what I meant.

Besides, it was pretty damned funny. Lol.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

That would be a dream come true for me. Sam can hit FA and Guage his worth. I doubt any team will break the bank for him and he signs with the Rams at a reasonable rate. As long as the Rams have plan b in place.

Is there bad blood between him and the Rams?

I Really think the way the parting took place woul make any kiss and make up scenario really unlikely...Also, I Can't imagine the Rams paying him anywhere near the dollars he would settlesettle for...The whole conversation becomes moot when the Eagles hang on to him...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I Really think the way the parting took place woul make any kiss and make up scenario really unlikely...Also, I Can't imagine the Rams paying him anywhere near the dollars he would settlesettle for...The whole conversation becomes moot when the Eagles hang on to him...

All duly noted.

But i live in hope.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have no problem with anybody - especially athletes who know they will have a short career - trying to maximize their earnings. We have no idea if it's greed, if it's just a sense of worth and wanting to be paid commensurately, if Sam or anybody else has plans for charity with most of it, or if Sam just doesn't want the owners to get away with paying what is actually a relatively low percentage of revenues for the actual product we watch, while the players suffer physically.

Besides, does Sam have any particular reason to WANT to play in Philly except the money?
I agree 100% They all should try to get as much as they can while they can. I'm just curious as to how or why he has this inflated idea of how much he's worth. He really hasn't done anything remarkable in his career to date. But then again, most of them (QBs) don't end up being phenomenal, so maybe he just has a keen idea of what the market dictates an average QB should be paid when contrasted against how many QB needy teams there always seem to be.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree 100% They all should try to get as much as they can while they can. I'm just curious as to how or why he has this inflated idea of how much he's worth. He really hasn't done anything remarkable in his career to date. But then again, most of them (QBs) don't end up being phenomenal, so maybe he just has a keen idea of what the market dictates an average QB should be paid when contrasted against how many QB needy teams there always seem to be.

the going rate for avreage qbs is around $18m per year. so he's probably looking at that figure. which team would be willing to give him that much, long term and guaranteed money, with his injury history? that's gonna be the problem for him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gonna let that one slide, Faceplant.

'Cause I like ya.

And I know you knew perfectly well what I meant.

Besides, it was pretty damned funny. Lol.
I just look for excuses to use my "MOra Face" :yess:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
To me it's like getting back with an Ex, How does that workout most times?
It's all about how hot the seat is.
Desperation leads to strange booty calls.