What Vikings Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That tweet above from JR - JRReid daftscout is wrong. How is this guy a scout?

Goff doesn't get happy feet when pressured. He keeps his eyes downfield. Sure, he moves to evade pressure but he would suck if he didn't. Happy feet suggest that he moves into sacks, feels non existent pressure, or cuts bait and runs far too often.

Last edited:

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
The Viking fan who wrote that last article did a good job. The run defense and red zone TD% are areas the Rams could stand to improve. But one significant comparison between the Rams and Vikings that he did not touch on is the coaching staffs. IMO the Rams win the coaching comparison hands down. He's probably correct that the player skill levels (besides QB) are relatively equal. But the Rams coaching, game preparation and planning, play calling and in-game adjustments, I believe, are better than any other team out there with the possible exception of the Cheaters.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So if we can beat them at our house thatll be head to head wins against Div winners making the Path to the #2 and possibly #1 seed very attainable...Detroit as well, but lets take'm one week at a time....SKOL
Settle down.

Do the math after you lose.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The key will be shutting down Gurley
And don't let Austin get a big play.
Contain Gurley
Smash Goff
Couple of other things that the Viking's must watch for:
Rookie Cooper Kupp
My biggest concern will be Aaron Donald and how we game plan for him.
The player Minnesota has to watch out for, both on punt returns and kickoffs, is Pharoh Cooper.
Hekker is one of the best in the business
That's an awful lot of "look out fors"!!
Not sure how some can be so confident... a lot of times, insecure people will boast.
Here, read up on that...
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201511/4-signs-someone-is-probably-insecure

Paul Krause was amazing.
too bad this game won’t be in the old Met in Bloomington, outdoors, like in the NFL Films montages.
The Vikings are 26-16-2 all-time against the Rams.
God, I hated those teams... 1969... 1974... 1976... up at Metropolitan Stadium... in December... Budd Grant... Paul Krause and his cohorts. I remember that 1969 game... 23-20 loss...laid on our living room floor crying after that one.
Freaking hated them and Minneapolis! Bad... VERY bad memories.

First, you could add a potted plant to the booth and that would enhance a broadcast featuring Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis.
OK, this was funny!!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
With Keenum being closer to the end of his career, I can see him wanting to stay where he might retire and be able to establish his roots while he's relatively young in life terms.

I generally like to see Case Keenum do well. It not only highlights how historically bad our scheme was in that BOTH of our QBs from last year are running 7-2 teams but in all the crap, Case Keenum was a truly stand up guy and a great veteran player.

I like him as well. BTW, this is only his 5th year - don't see why he can't play 10 more.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/15/m...case-keenum-jared-goff-mike-zimmer-sean-mcvay

McVay’s Offense, Zimmer’s Defense, and Everything You Need to Know About the Rams-Vikings Showdown
By Andy Benoit

The mildly surprising 7-2 Vikings versus the very surprising 7-2 Rams might be the most intriguing matchup on the Week 11 slate. It pits the NFL’s top-scoring offense (L.A.) against the NFC’s toughest defense (Minnesota). It’s a showdown worthy of a breakdown.

RAMS OFFENSE VS. VIKINGS DEFENSE
The Vikings have eight former first-and second-round picks on defense alone, six of whom were drafted by this team. Each year they’ve gotten better in head coach Mike Zimmer’s imposing zone scheme, which is sprinkled with complexities. It’s not that the Vikings show unpredictable coverages. In fact, on running downs, it’s almost always single-high safety zone (aka Cover 3).

On passing downs, it’s a two-high safety zone—either Cover 2 or Cover 4 (or, if the offensive formation is unbalanced, Cover 6, a combination of both). What’s challenging is how the Vikings get to these zones. There can be a lot of movement post-snap.

Zimmer employs a variety of zone blitzes, with athletic D-linemen like Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison and Everson Griffen all capable of dropping into coverage. Back deep, safeties Harrison Smith and Andrew Sendejo are two of the best disguise artists in football. Tremendous speed allows them to exaggerate when disguising.

The Rams are at their most dangerous when head coach Sean McVay knows what coverage the defense will be in. No one is better at concocting route combinations that exploit a predicted look. Cover 3 and Cover 4 are two that McVay thrives against, since his downfield switch releases (aka receivers crossing paths vertically) naturally attack cornerbacks here.

But your O-line must give the QB time for these to work. A dynamic front four is part of the reason Minnesota can be diverse in its zone movement. Tackles Linval Joseph and Shamar Stephen get you into third-and-long, where rushers like Griffen, Hunter and Anthony Barr (a blitzer) take over. Los Angeles’s vastly improved O-line faces its biggest challenge to date.

Jared Goff has progressed tremendously in Year Two, but he remains a work in progress when throwing with defenders in his face. Goff still must fight his natural tendency to back up against interior pressure. Zimmer does not employ his trademark double-A-gap blitzes as much as he used to, but it would make sense to bring them in this game.

Not only can that get Goff playing hastily, it also ensures one-on-one blocking against Minnesota’s edge rushers. On the left side, Rams tackle Andrew Whitworth has been outstanding when he wins on initial contact, but when he’s in reactionary mode, his 35 years of age show. Griffen’s low-to-the-ground bull rush could pose problems for the 6' 7" veteran.

The risk of going double-A-gap is you’re weak on the edges. That’s a problem against Todd Gurley, who has killed defenses by turning the corner in the zone running game and catching balls in the flat. There’s also Tavon Austin, whose jet sweep action is a big part of Los Angeles’s attack.

VIKINGS OFFENSE VS. RAMS DEFENSE
The Vikings have been almost as strong as the Rams when it comes to defeating predicted coverages. Case Keenum has prospered as a fill-in starter because he plays with decisiveness in coordinator Pat Shurmur’s well-designed scheme.

The Vikings are crafty in their presnap movement and switch releases off the ball. They put cornerbacks in a bind early in the down, allowing the superb route running of wideouts Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs to win later in the down.

Rams top corner Trumaine Johnson travels with opposing No. 1 receivers at times. This season for Minnesota, that’s been Thielen, though given that Diggs lines up outside more often, it might be more prudent for Johnson to play there. Johnson will travel into the slot, but generally only if it’s man-to-man coverage.

Regardless of the matchups, Los Angeles must make Minnesota operate off schedule. Forcing Keenum to play outside of structure can unmask his physical limitations. A great weapon for breaking down a play’s structure is defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

He typically aligns opposite the opponent’s worst guard. That’ll likely be veteran Joe Berger on the right side, given that on the left side Nick Easton, while less experienced, is a stronger athlete. Either way, the Vikings will have to slide their protection towards Donald.

Prediction: Vikings 26, Rams 23

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
God, I hated those teams... 1969... 1974... 1976... up at Metropolitan Stadium... in December... Budd Grant... Paul Krause and his cohorts. I remember that 1969 game... 23-20 loss...laid on our living room floor crying after that one.
Freaking hated them and Minneapolis! Bad... VERY bad memories.
Yeah, the 23 - 20 loss in '69 was especially painful. I thought we were the better team but that was the game that was played in the brutal cold and the Rams were always being picked on as being a bunch of freakin' surfers dudes. Man I wanted to win just to blast that narrative. Still remember the punch to my gut when Jim Marshall picked off Roman.

After that crushing defeat Rams fans everywhere were saying lets get them at home and away from the frozen tundra that is Minnesota. So we FINALLY get a play off game with the frickin' Vikings in Los Angeles and they take the lead and a rain storm of Biblical proportions turned the field in a mud pit and we lost again.

I have bad memories also, Rmfnlt. In many ways much worse than even the Whiners in the Montana and Young years. Heck, we were lousy for the most part back then and deserved our losses.

But the Vikings games were different. We were thisclose to going to the Super Bowl but, alas, it was not to be.
This year we will prevail.....we MUST prevail and bury those ugly ghosts and memories that have been haunting the Rams faithful for years.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like him as well. BTW, this is only his 5th year - don't see why he can't play 10 more.

With the season he's having, he likely will get the chance. He's moved from being a fungible backup in most people's eyes (not Rams fans) to clearly being a guy who can take over as a starter when needed. Barring a total collapse, he'll be able to get job offers for years to come.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This is going to be quite a game to watch. Two teams with a lot of talent and both teams are well coached.

Winning the turnover battle is where my focus is right now. Number one thing we need to do besides score points.

The next thing is special teams. Fassel and company come ready to play!

I am really curious to see the offensive game plan early in the game. Protect the ball, execute some great play calls and try to move the ball - but overall protect the ball. Know that you have a Hekker and the special teams to pin them deep(or kick some long field goals) and turn this into a field advantage game and try to force some turnovers in the plus area of the field.

Vikings have some very creative blitzes that they will run and they are really good at not showing them until the ball is snapped. I'm sure they'll throw some exotic looks at Goff and the oline. (Just realized that Whitworth used to play with Zimmer with the Bengals - hopefully that will help the oline some)

We need to come into this game focused on the process and standard of performance. Don't get too down or too high and stay focused. Don't let the other team see us blink. It's WE NOT ME! Go Rams!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This years Rams are built to win all kinds of games. We have the fire power and pass protection to win shoot outs and our defense and special teams can give us extra possessions and field position in a low scoring slugfest. Perhaps the greatest strength of this team is the sum of it's parts and with the way each unit seems to respond and set up the other units... it is beautiful.
We score a lot of points and we don't allow a lot of points.
We take the ball away a lot and
we don't give it up much.
If any team can do all those things, as well as play great STs, they can win any game.

I think Minnesota gives us a helluva game.
22 - 17, Rams move to 8-2.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is going to be quite a game to watch. Two teams with a lot of talent and both teams are well coached.

Winning the turnover battle is where my focus is right now. Number one thing we need to do besides score points.

The next thing is special teams. Fassel and company come ready to play!

I am really curious to see the offensive game plan early in the game. Protect the ball, execute some great play calls and try to move the ball - but overall protect the ball. Know that you have a Hekker and the special teams to pin them deep(or kick some long field goals) and turn this into a field advantage game and try to force some turnovers in the plus area of the field.

Vikings have some very creative blitzes that they will run and they are really good at not showing them until the ball is snapped. I'm sure they'll throw some exotic looks at Goff and the oline. (Just realized that Whitworth used to play with Zimmer with the Bengals - hopefully that will help the oline some)

We need to come into this game focused on the process and standard of performance. Don't get too down or too high and stay focused. Don't let the other team see us blink. It's WE NOT ME! Go Rams!

When I first heard a fan in here say it, I thought it was just fanciful thinking, until I heard McVay say something similar...Using play action that looks the same from the defensive POV, from which comes different plays, McVay is watching how they react defensively. He is setting them up for a big play the whole time, hence the long ball to Woods last game (for a TD). I expect us to play, looking for the right moment to strike and to hell with what they do....I think McVay and Wade are making constant tweaks during the game, which is what opposing fans don't understand when they say we're the same old team...lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board/102855/Contents/Predict-the-Score-Contest-Week-11-110520771

Predict the Score Contest - Week 11

At the beginning of the season, I thought this game might have been one of the easier games for the Vikings, but now it looks to be one of the tougher games. The Vikings proved me wrong last week by playing a pretty solid game on the road in Washington. This weeks game against the Rams could have major playoff seeding implications at the end of the regular season.

Hopefully the home crowd will have US Bank Stadium rocking to help the defense get after Jared Goff and slow down their offense a bit. The Vikings' defensive backs will have their hands full all day. Hopefully #26 doesn't take that literally and get called for a bunch of PI penalties.

Zimmer and his defense at home against a second year quarterback, Keenum and the offense playing solid, this could still come down to a big play on special teams or turnovers. I'm going with my heart on this one.

Rams 27
Vikings 30
---------
Vikings 27
Rams 24
----------
Vikings 31
Rams 23
--------
Vikings 31
Rams 27
----------
The matchup is a good one on both sides of the ball. The Rams' high-powered offense goes up against a defense that can smother good passing teams, and hold good runners in check simultaneously. Will the momentum be a stalemate, or will one side prove just effective enough to tip the scales?

The Rams' interior D line is a holy fright that teams have to game plan around. Donald is said to 'live in the backfield', and he's licking his chops, going after a rookie center. Will the Vikes' improved O-line be able to keep a reasonably clean pocket for Case, or will he be constantly rolling out to buy time? Will Murray and McKinnick find any holes to keep the balance?

Common sense says this will be a very close game, but on the other hand, if either team can dominate early, it could cause enough doubt to really shake up the other team, and steamroll out of hand.

Since everyone seems to be calling it really close, my only chance for next week's bragging rights is to predict a blowout. And I aint gonna go against the Vikes!

Vikes 35,
Rams 17
---------
Vikings 42
Rams 17
---------
25 Vikings......23 rams

rams aren't a joke by any means....
---------
vikings 28
rams 17
loco.gif

--------
Vikings - 21
Rams - 18
--------
Rams 23
Vikings 27
--------
Rams. 37-20
--------
Our brothers in the vaunted Purple will once again be celebrating victory with the drinking of the grog from the skulls of their vanished.
Vikes 27
rams 17
-------
Rams 6
VIKINGS- 23
---------
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board/102855/Contents/Write-this-down-110536257

Write this down

I'M NOT trying to be a downer but we will lose to the rams, and if we stay course we will lose to Detroit. I've been a fan since the 70's, I've seen this before. Mark my words.
----------
I can see a four game losing streak
---------
you need an anti-climax in every good movie. Just stay tuned for the ending
--------
The Rams are good team. I could easily see us losing this game. The 2017 Vikings are a good team but we're by no means a juggernaut. I'm actually more concerned about the defense this week. The Rams have a lot of weapons with Gurly, Woods, Watkins, Austin, Cooper, Goff...

this is the best offense we've played all year and the D looked shaky last week against a good QB. Getting #97 back will be a plus. I think the offense will score in the 20's but the defense will need its best effort of the year.
---------
I'm not getting that vibe. The Bank will be rocking-huge advantage. If the Vikes play a clean game turnover/penalty wise, they should win going away.
----------
Keenum is going to have the worst game of his career, he is not Brett Favre, he is not going to be able to stick it to the rams. I think some of you guys are delusional.
----------
I feel pretty good about this year's team.

If the Vikings are ever going to buck their choking ways, this season would be the best time to do it. Dare to dream.
---------
its going to be a good game....rams have won their last 4 on the road this year

but coming to the us bank...on our turf we will play faster and more aggressively....Goff is going to run for his life as zim will never let him get comfortable back there

Vikings win
---------
Do you remember the Steelers game and the lions game, well the rams have a better defense then them. I hope we find a way to win, but I don't have my hopes up.
----------
No four game losing streak. We will beat the Lions? We can beat the Rams but they could easily be the victors as well.

We got a tough run with the Rams Falcons and panthers
---------
It's not that I don't like Keenum, it's just that he folds under pressure. He a good person, but that's his weakness.
---------
So did you take a careful look at the Rams schedule and conclude this prediction or is it based only on how consistently the Vikings get your hopes up... only to crush them in a glorious new way to lose? Or are we quick to forget all the times the Vikings have snatched defeat with miraculous heroics and/or resounding win?

Both teams are 7-2, both teams are playing 3rd place schedules, some say in a neutral manner that the Rams have a slightly easier schedule to date comparative to the Vikings.

So give the Vikings some credit and home field advantage of 3 points and hope they take care of the ball and shut down Gurly. If that happens, then we are looking at a last minute FG to win the game, lets hope we don't here those dreaded words to loudly before the kick..."Forbath has only missed 1 FG all season and this is only a 27 yard attempt"
--------
This one could go many different ways.
Rams coach is a special discovery.
Gonna find out what's up this weekend re the Vikings.
---------
Bradford pretty much folded last year against his old team and I have a aching in my stomach that says Case does the same. Its all about mental toughness IMO. Those guys are going to know what to say, not do, to Case to get in his head.
--------
This thread is a joke.
--------
I am also not trying to be a downer but I can guarantee that we beat the Rams this week. Mark my Words and I have been a fan just as long if that add any kind of credibility which it doesn't.

The Rams are a good team and we are a better team and at home = Win.

The Rams are coming of playing the Texans without Watson, the hapless Giants, and before that the Palmer-less Cardinals. They will be facing the best team they have faced all season and will be in for a rude awakening....and I think you will be as well.

We are coming off a fairly easy win over the Redskins, IMO the score was not as close as the game, and the Rams lost to the Redskins at home earlier in the season. Then they lost to the Cowboys in Dallas - no shame in that like our loss to the Steelers in Pitt. Our Lions loss was because of 3 fumbles, 2 of which were in our territory and we only gave up 1 TD.

I really think it it the Rams who are going to be surprised by our team. Lastly, as a fellow old-timer we have always had the Rams number.
----------
They're playing a tough schedule with a backup QB and their ROY candidate RB on the shelf. Losing to a couple of good teams the rest of the way is hardly an old gypsy woman's crystal ball predicting that the team plane will be hit by a meteorite.

It's the NFL. Even really good teams (like the 2017 Vikings) can lose 4 or 5 games.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Our brothers in the vaunted Purple will once again be celebrating victory with the drinking of the grog from the skulls of their vanished.
Vikes 27
rams 17
Be gayer.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
This game will hinge on one thing. Turnovers. Who ever loses that battle will lose the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not that I don't like Keenum, it's just that he folds under pressure. He a good person, but that's his weakness.

This guy is smart.

I am also not trying to be a downer but I can guarantee that we beat the Rams this week. Mark my Words and I have been a fan just as long if that add any kind of credibility which it doesn't.

The Rams are a good team and we are a better team and at home = Win.

The Rams are coming of playing the Texans without Watson, the hapless Giants, and before that the Palmer-less Cardinals. They will be facing the best team they have faced all season and will be in for a rude awakening....and I think you will be as well.

We are coming off a fairly easy win over the Redskins, IMO the score was not as close as the game, and the Rams lost to the Redskins at home earlier in the season. Then they lost to the Cowboys in Dallas - no shame in that like our loss to the Steelers in Pitt. Our Lions loss was because of 3 fumbles, 2 of which were in our territory and we only gave up 1 TD.

I really think it it the Rams who are going to be surprised by our team. Lastly, as a fellow old-timer we have always had the Rams number.

This guy is dumb. For example, we beat the Cowboys in Dallas, dumbass.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We are coming off a fairly easy win over the Redskins, IMO the score was not as close as the game, and the Rams lost to the Redskins at home earlier in the season. Then they lost to the Cowboys in Dallas - no shame in that like our loss to the Steelers in Pitt.

Be wronger....