What Redskins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I was so ticked off when the Rams cut London Fletcher loose...that was the start of the Defensive downfall in my opinion. He was just a great player and from what I've heard he was also a great teammate. As far as the RedSkins are concerned I think the Rams will bring it on Sunday and pull out a victory. Sorry David202 but they have the wind at their sails.
Rams by 2 touchdowns...

Daved202

UDFA
Wait a minute. Did you only start watching the skins in '13? You're talking about the London Fletcher that went to 4 straight probowls with your team and had 5 INTs, 11 PDs, and 3 sacks in '12 from the ILB position? That London Fletcher? Wasn't he voted team captain 7 out of his 8 years with your team? Man - and I thought our fans are tough on JL.
Yea bro his stats are mis leading and 4 probowls? Even so every body knoes probowls are overrated sometimes.

He did had a good year in 2012 but after 2009 he started to decline.

Daved202

UDFA
I was so ticked off when the Rams cut London Fletcher loose...that was the start of the Defensive downfall in my opinion. He was just a great player and from what I've heard he was also a great teammate. As far as the RedSkins are concerned I think the Rams will bring it on Sunday and pull out a victory. Sorry David202 but they have the wind at their sails.
Rams by 2 touchdowns...
Don't be sorry.

Tell me something rams fans.....

Can you bleed?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yea bro his stats are mis leading and 4 probowls? Even so every body knoes probowls are overrated sometimes.

He did had a good year in 2012 but after 2009 he started to decline.
Yeah - I hate it when my Probowl LB declines like that. o_O

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Skins run attack 3-4 Defense and we run almost a replica of the 49ers D.

Except without the talent. :LOL:

I just think foles cracks under pressure. Skins done well against him except for last year in Philly .

Come on, Dashing. Foles has played Washington four times in his career. Two of them were as a rookie. His QB Rating and Yardage in those 4 games are:
Rookie Year
204 yards and a 40.5 QB Rating
345 yards and a 85.9 QB Rating

Second Year
298 yards and a 104.3 QB Rating

Third Year
325 yards and a 114.4 QB Rating

That's not exactly struggling against the Redskins.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I can't see the rams losing this game, not after last weeks performance anyway, apart from those defensive slip ups where we gave away points, we were damn good, and to see OUR offence not give in and throw that beautiful pass to Kendricks to equalise, have the balls to take it to overtime KNOWING that our D could shut out one of the strongest running attacks in football....

...Worried about the Redskins?... I think not...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I can't see the rams losing this game, not after last weeks performance anyway, apart from those defensive slip ups where we gave away points, we were damn good, and to see OUR offence not give in and throw that beautiful pass to Kendricks to equalise, have the balls to take it to overtime KNOWING that our D could shut out one of the strongest running attacks in football....

...Worried about the Redskins?... I think not...
I don't think we're worried about them, and that's what scares me. I hope the Rams take this game seriously, because if they don't they could lose a game they should win.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I don't think we're worried about them, and that's what scares me. I hope the Rams take this game seriously, because if they don't they could lose a game they should win.
The Sea win was great and statement game imo.But if we really are taking that next step up it will show vs Wash.This is a perfect trap game in the past the Rams had a habit of losing to lesser competition.Personally I think we have turned that corner and we will beat Wash, rather easily.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yea but we cant assume whos a better team or not. This is the 2015 seahawks not the 2014 seahawks just like your not the 2014 rams your the 2015 rams

Things change
Correct! People should not assume anything!
As the saying goes, when you do, " it makes an ass of u and an ass of me!"
BUT!! You can form an educated, informed opinion!
And mine is " the Rams are going to kick the living Crap out of the Redskins!!"
Think of the number 666!
* 6 Sack
* 6 Turn-overs
* and a pick 6!!:snicker::shades:

…..

Legend
I was going to read this thread from page nine backwards to where I left off the other day....

But then I ran across this...

every body knoes probowls are overrated sometimes.

and decided my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't know if the Redskin fan on here watched the Rams and Hawks game. If he did he would know that if it wasn't for the Rams shooting themselves in the foot they would have blown out the Hawks. 14 free points from the punt return and fumble return. Missing out on at least three points from Pead's fumble. They lost time of possession and the turnover battle and still won. If the Rams limit mistakes, they should beat the Redskins easily. Will they though? That remains to be seen still if they can play consistent football.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@RamzFanz represents. (y)
http://es.redskins.com/topic/392947-redskins-rams-prediction-thread-battle-of-the-d-line/

BATTLE OF THE D-LINE

Hoping for a Skins beat down of stupid face fisher.

and his dog Gregggggg
---------
Our OL comes out and surprises all the naysayers, making the Rams DL look like Pop Warner players, churning out three loooooonnnnnnnngggggggg scoring drives. We shoot to a 17-0 halftime lead.

We kick off and the Rams take it to the house. The subsequent series starts with a Cousins INT and then the wheels come off again. Despite 4 Cousins picks (one for a pick 6) the Skins, down 24-17, still have hope late in the 4th. With our backs to the wall the D holds the Rams on a 3rd and long (two Rams receivers collide, knocking themselves down and out of the play - incomplete pass), setting up a possession with enough time to tie it up. Or do they?

Unfortunately the Redskins are penalized on the play for defensive pass interference (called on D Hall, who was not on the field at the time). Gruden throws the challenge flag and the refs pick it up, hand it back to him, and charge the Redskins their final timeout for throwing the flag on a play ineligible for challenge. The Rams then stick to the ground, ultimately scoring another TD with 15 seconds left in the game.

Final

Rams 31

Skins 17
-------
predicted a win against the Dolphins, and we should have won. Against the Rams (who play well against us like they do against Seattle) I see a loss.

Redskins 16

Rams 27

We can win if we call plays to win the game rather than not lose it, however we need a good start and our D to stand up again when we turn over the ball. Win or lose I'm looking for OL progression, cutting down on TOs (unless we have a 2-1 ratio with positive big plays) and making adjustments that work.
--------
The Rams D had best in NFL 6 sacks, a 7th was deleted by a horrible roughing the passer call, and held the Seahawks' offense to a Single TD with an INT. Donald is currently tied with Watts in tackles and sacks with even less snaps. Quinn would be the NFL sack leader if not for that stupid penalty. - RamzFanz
--------
The Rams have got a very good D-line. If we can match up against them in pass protection, then we could win a close one.

Unfortunately I think we're going to struggle to give Kirk enough time. Our run game should still be effective, but it won't be enough.

Skins - 13

Rams - 20

I'm pretty sure they are better than the Dolphins, but we shall see.
--------
1 game is tough to measure. The Rams did get to Wilson, but Wilson also completed nearly 80%. They also gave up 124 on the ground. The Rams basically won the same way the Skins lost, on a punt return. The game will probably be closer than my score.
----------
True, but it makes more sense when it's what you expected. I predicted 6 sacks at our site, Rams on Demand. You guys are welcome there too if polite, like here. Not to blow my own horn, but I also told Seahawks fans it would be a 50+ point game and they just laughed.

In all honesty, that game was almost gifted to the Hawks by the Rams and the Refs. It wasn't as close as it sounds. Our RB 3 outplayed Lynch. Foles outplayed Wilson. Our D WAY outplayed their top D. Our O destroyed their O.

Sacking any QB six times is hard but with Wilson it's a massive feat. He evaded at least another 1/2 dozen with his feet. He may not be scary in the pocket, but he sure has amazing evasion skills.

Not to speak out of turn, but I think we could all agree Cousins better hope the Skins o line holds strong or it'll get real ugly fast. - RamzFanz
----------
In light of this analysis, perhaps it would be best if someone in the FO just called the NFL begging to forfeit rather than take the obvious awaiting pounding.

Seriously though I think its to early to judge any team just yet... First game of the year can be misleading. Your team lost last year's opener 34-6 to the Vikings who looked terrible last night right? Your team had two more wins than ours last year so while the Rams looked decent against the Seahawks on Sunday I wouldn't be buying Superbowl tickets just yet.

Ill give you that the Rams looked pretty good and appear to be going in the right direction (and easily beat the Skins last year) but Vegas has the Rams by 3. And they usually know more than anyone else or so it seems.
---------
Redskins - 13

Rams - 20

It's tied at 13 in the 4th, Tavon takes one to the house on a return.

Kirk has 2 more picks, but no one says a word, cuz this is HIS team.

2 games in we are averaging 11.5 points per game, THANK GOODNESS WE HAD A QB CHANGE!

Hope this doesn't happen, but it is the Redskins we are talking about.
--------
We all know how we lost the game on Sunday. Honestly anyone that knows football knows if your DBs can't pick 2 passes, one basically a pick-six when they hit you in the hands and you commit a horrible amount of penalties, oh yea also you have a gutless coach who decides to try a FG instead of going for it when his team is running the ball well, is one top and ends up missing the field goal you can't win jack. Can I also add our "special" teams, because they sure are special.

Even all that, and we still were close to tie the game if not for our TE not knowing the route.

I say this is going to be a close one, with us winning it. Yea the Rams killed the Seachickens with sacks, but I think we do much better in that department. Plus, I see us running all over the Rams on the ground.

This division after the injuries to the Boys and the way the Eagles looked on Monday night is wide open, lets get this one.
---------
Rams 30 Redskins 10

I can't remember the last time we beat the Rams. Sounds silly, but if we lose this game the season is over. Not like we were going to win the Super Bowl this year anyway, but it's nice to at least have a shot.
---------
Rams 31

Skins 6

I don't think we see the end zone this game.
--------
I am making my long anticipated first ever trip to Fedex Field.

Expect us to take an absolute pasting.
--------
Can't imagine a well-played game without missed opportunities on offense and defense. Also, can't imagine the special teams not giving up at least one huge play mixed in with other gaffes. When the team sort of plays well, they lose and when they play bad, they get smoked. No matter what happens, it usually ends in a loss.

If the Redskins fielded an all-star team, I believe it would still have a losing record. It's what they are consistently good at doing. Don't feel like giving a score...and I'm really tired of this incessant, predictable losing. I see no end in sight.

Rams win

Redskins lose again
--------
sheesh this is a tough one- Skins are 3pt - 4pt dogs at home - rams played great last week to come back and take that game against seatle-I predict a rams let down game - Skins not only cover but win the game 26-22...
-------
Ugh.. no way we come out as sloppy as we did last week. Rams have a great defense, but I like our D. Definetly take our running game over their's and this is the type of game this will matter.

20-14 Redskins
--------
Rams 21

Redskins 23

Getting better. Culliver being out hurts, Ihenacho hurts worse. Jared Cook is going to be a pain in the ass. But it's going to be another important step forward in the process.

Could easily see us winning this one. FWIW, Seattle's o-line is garbage and their defense is out of sorts w/out Kam and a new DC.

Why not this one?
---------
I say Rams 30 Skins 10 as well. Skins D does a good job of stopping drives, holds the Ram's O to 1TD and 3 FGs. Unfortunately the Rams D shows up and the offense struggles. Gives up a pick 6. On the positive, Reed is a beast and goes for 6-98-1TD and stays healthy!!!!

Teams are still bad and gives up a punt return for the second week in a row.
--------
One thing that might tip the scales a bit more in our favor thn in recent years is that toughness that McCloughan discussed and we started to see last Sunday. Just like with the Rams, it might take time to show up in the W/L column but we are getting tougher and more physical. That plus a chip on our shoulder (again something they usually have in this matchup) could help.

I would love to see a day where teams don't look forward to playing us...even before we actually become a consistent winner. That's what happened with Seattle and is happening now with St. Louis/LA.
--------
What a great opportunity to see how the Coaches adjust from last week - the Rams are a damn mirror image of the Dolphins so I will judge harshly on how the coaches have the team prepared:

Nick Foles and Tannehill may be different QB's but both are potential franchise guys that are still on the fence as to whether they'll be THE guy or JAG.

Both teams boast one of the best pass rushing defensive lines in all of football; the secondaries are not great but given the front 7 each team has an elite defense.

WR's are weak for both teams but both have an exceptional speed/athlete guy in Jarvis Landry and Tavon Austin. Hopefully we don't get the black fist of doom from another returner but given our loser Special Teams coach I'm expecting another travesty on teams this week. A big return and a missed field goal are in the mix.

Both teams' O-lines can certainly be abused...did I mention we miss not having Junior Gallette?

Unfortunately I think we are still not coached well enough - or just young players that aren't bright enough to run the right routes, not get umteen penalties, stay in the right lanes on special teams, etc. It's going to cost us again in this one and probably all year because we aren't good enough without Ihenacho/Culliver/DJax/Gallette/Paul/Hayward to overcome 10+ penalties and/or poor routes or wrong coverages that will lead to more big plays and turnovers.

Rams 24

Redskins 13
-------
Skins 28

Rams 21

**** 'em.
--------
I think this game will be much like what we saw last week...a close game that the Redskins have a chance to win due to the decent play of the defense but the Rams D-line reminds us that we have 2 new starters on the O-line and that pressure results in INTs from Cousins and a few fateful sacks while the game is within reach. I also think penalties continue to wipe out big plays that would be needed to win. Oh yeah, Tavon Austin returning kicks. Trouble there as I think he will score vs our special teams. Kotwica is already biting his nails to the nub.

Rams 24

Redskins 17
-------
Rams D

9 sacks

4 TO's

5 INT's
-------
....the

****ing

Rams.

Come on guys.

I know we are all super jaded. I am too but ****, save this **** ass **** for when they travel to NE, face Drew Brees, or somebody like that.

Everyone was pissing their pants over the Dolphins like they had just won 13 games and look what happened, we dominated for much of the game. Sure, we can easily lose to the Rams but stop crowning a team that has Nick Foles as QB, iffy RBs, overrated WRs, and an iffy secondary.

**** last year's game. The team was clearly half past dead at that point.

This is so weird. I basically hate this team and my posts usually reflect that but here i am going to bat for them lol
---------
Luckily for us, it won't be THAT bad, but we still lose. 27-21. A late turnover kills a possible game winning drive. Our running game is still looking strong however, Alfred Morris getting just shy of 100 yards while Jones gets a little over 50.

Rashad Ross does provide a spark (Cousins and him gelled well in preseason) on the offense and Darrel Young does his beautiful goal line screen pass for a TD.

Our defense still looks formidable, especially the line but our secondary is still suspect with Culliver out and Duke gone for the season. Breeland remains to look sharp but can only do so much.
--------
I have a feeling we get off to a fast start and surprise them early. Opening drive TD. Rams first possession will be a pick 6 to Amerson. Somewhere in the game holy ****, we "the Redskins" make a play on special teams for the first time in years and return a punt to the house...... Lord please let this happen!

31-20 SKINS!!!!!!!!
-------
Traveling back home from St. Louis with my boys, I have a pretty awesome track record... Only 2 losses with going to a game almost every year for the past 12. The LA Rams will have a going away party at my house at the end of the season, but for now I'm just looking forward to beating smug face asshat fisher and his band of bullies. Hate the Rams

Skins 27
Rams stay on the bus
--------
I'm feeling a 27 Rams, 17 Redskins kind of day. We'll be close through the first, then the Rams will strike a bit and get to something like 17. We'll get to 10 shortly thereafter, but the Rams will score again making it 24-10. They'll get a field goal, and we'll get another TD late, but have just enough time to have two more failed drives.

I'd love to see us be competitive to the end, but I think they're going to cause major problems for our offense with their DL. I'd like to think our D can contain them, and maybe it will, but I'm refraining from defensive optimism until a few more decent performances.
-------
Not going to rehash the "oh the Rams have our number over the last 7 years" crap. This years version of the Skins vs this years version of the Rams. With the exception of the running game the Rams, from what I saw week one, are a better team overall. Skins are going to have to try to establish a running game to slow down their pass rush, but I could see them going with a fast moving short pass game to nullify it as well.

Hopefully they work in Crowder more and Ross gets some looks. Without DJax they have to take some shots deep. Gotta keep Kirk upright,...it's gonna be tough though. The offense has a big challenge -- I think the Rams defense is better than the Fins. Oh also,..minimize the penalties! That killed them last week.

Defensively I think the Skins can hang with the Rams offense. I think trying to get pressure on Foles early is key -- some creative blitz schemes maybe? Rams have some speed at WR -- gotta cover well obviously.

Punt away from Austin. That said, Rams win. I'm hoping the Skins will compete and play with some intensity -- I saw that in week one a lot of the time, I hope I see it again.

Rams - 23

Skins - 14
--------
28-16 rams

Hoping for a close® game, but...

Gregg and the front 7 vs a young right side (heck, vs anyone but Trent)
Breeland rusty, Nacho and Cully out, Hall banged up
Cousins will have to make quick decisions and will have to make plays scrambling (likely leading to picks/fumbles)
New kicker
Austin flipping field position (likely frequently)
DJax out... I like Ross, but I don't see much time for a deep passing game and I don't see Ross having the same ability to come down with contested catches
Gruden vs Gregg
Offensive penalties - I see a lot of 'em vs a front like this

The only match up I (kinda) like is our d-line, but I think they successfully pass to set up the run.

I'll gain a LOT of respect for our coaches if we pull this one out.
--------
I think we play them "tough" this week. Brandon Albert of the Dolphins said he was "sore" after playing us. Just like Scot said.

Oh what the hell. Not like anyone gives a crap about an anonymous message board prediction. I have nothing to lose.

Redskins 27
Rams 23
--------
The Rams will be playing with supreme confidence and it will show this week. i just get the sense that they view the Skins with ZERO fear, ZERO respect.

24-6 we lose... the big joke of the week is, "well at least they didn't get shut out this time"
-------
I agree. They view us as a soft, underachieving, laughingstock of a team. But we are tougher and more physical than we've been in the past and that's what I think the Rams will find out this weekend. Since they haven't been good in years (they are a physical team, but they still have only won 5-6 games per year), the fact that we might punch them back on Sunday is what they will notice. I certainly don't believe we are there yet, but I think they might leave the game with a bit more of their respect.
-------
Only once has a team produced their average per-game amount of sacks against cousins. 3 sacks per game typically places a defense in the top 5 over the course of a season. Therefore, I think it would be extraordinary for Cousins to take more than 3. If cousins can stand tall and remain patient, not press, etc all the things he's been working on, then he can help our young oline look like studs once again.
--------
I suspect the Rams are gonna go all out to shut down the Skins' running game and make Cousins beat them through the air.

If Cousins can make them pay for it consistently in the 1st half, the Redskins will win. If we're unable to take advantage in the first half, it could get ugly.
--------
Odds are not predictions of outcomes. They are set and adjusted to even the betting on both sides. They are a reflection of gambler perception, not reality.

Yes, Vikings stomped us. We looked real bad that game. Started a 2nd string QB and went to a 3rd string at the half in his first NFL game. The new defensive scheme had clearly not taken yet and didn't for several games. No Donald and no Mason. That team and this one really aren't anything alike. -
RamzFanz
---------
Thank you for the betting lesson "RamzFanz"... Vegas is begging people to bet the Rams which they are doing. Im sure its because Vegas enjoys losing. I believe this game is seeing more action than any other.

You helped make my point, you can't always judge a team by the first game of the year. Although your team only won 6 games the rest of the year so maybe you can. Obviously Donald and Mason are quality players and as I said in my post that you quoted the Rams looked pretty good and appear to be going in the right direction. I was happy they won - I am not a big Seahawks fan.

I am also thinking that the Skins that looked real bad in last year's game against the Rams isn't the same team this year. Its unfortunate for us that we are missing our #1 WR among other starters but it is what it is and I still think its a closer game than you want to believe but then Im just a silly Skins fan.
--------
I'm expecting a very conservative game plan on the offensive side of the ball. Gruden has expressed confidence in him improving, but I suspect he is still very wary of Kirk's turnover issues when he is pressured and flustered. He went pretty conservative down the stretch in the Miami game as well.

I think there will be lots of rushing plays and lots of very quick short yardage throws. I also still don't think it will work because eventually the pressure is going to get there and when it does it could all be downhill for KC. I see another low scoring game for us. Probably more dumb penalties and a couple of INTs. I see another 10 points for us, and some blunders on ST that will let the Rams run away with it.

Rams 27

Skins 10
-----------
Skins will have more sacks on Sunday than the Rams do. Foles tends to hold on to the ball too long -- it drove Chip Kelly crazy.

That doesn't mean the Skins will win, of course.

I fully expect another low-scoring close game between the team from my hometown and the team that's about to move to my home now.

I'll pick the Rams after our new kicker shanks one.
--------
I think the Rams are better than Miami. This game will be 24-10 rams. I dont think its as doom and gloom as some people might view it at this point, I just think this is the wrong part of the season to get this team and their DLine. I think we bounce back next week.
--------
I'm also pretty sure the Skins are well aware of the Rams rushing D and getting the ball out quickly... just like the Dolphins game. Fins D is one of the best D last year so it wasn't like they are trash.

The 6 sacks you guys had last week was a result of Seahawks being hardheaded and not adjusting to the pocket collapsing time and again. I'm pretty sure we will not be as foolish as Carroll. But I also think the Rams D is one of the best - on par with Bills/Cards/Fins.
--------
What the hell are you guy's talking about? The Dolphins are a better team then the Rams...who the hell do the Rams have on offense? Austin and that is it..

Redskins 31

Rams 13
--------
Rams are overated..I just don't see them having enough offense to beat the Redskins.
-------
Fans like this are what give fan bases the bad names they have...No rams fan was on here talking junk or running their mouth...they simply stated statistics and Do not be upset that our D-lines greatness is all due to the RG3 trade and allowing us to have so many 1st rounders to use on the line.

In regards to who do they have on offense...the name will seem like a shock to you but do not sleep on bailey. I know it sounds like a joke but that offense that is so poor put up 34 against the hawks, so they are doing something right. (plus our best WR as well as our 1st and 2nd string HB were out.)

I am not saying the rams are superbowl bound by any means at all...but what I will say, to an extent and only time will tell of course, the rams team reminds me of the ravens of a few years ago. The offense is capable enough to move the ball and the D is what carries the team...Yes it has been 1 game but even looking back to last season. To finish the way they did with a 3rd string QB isnt to shabby. -
StoneColdTavonAustin
-------
Rams 21
Redskins 13

The defense plays well again but Kirk gets tons of pressure and throws a couple of picks trying to be an hero. Morris rushes for 50 or so yards and the offense struggles to score touchdowns. The new kicker goes 2-4 and Tavon Austin gives us hell in the return game.
--------
Ugh...really....do i have to???

Going with

Rams 34
Skins 13

Close in 1st half, then a few turnovers, & kablooey. There go the flood gates.

The Rams always seem to get a pick-6 against us...see no reason for that to stop now.

Also predict we out gain, & out possesion/time the Rams in yet another loss.
--------
I...you...more sacks? You're kidding right? Arron Donald is tied with JJ watt in tackles and sacks. Quinn is a monster. On any other team Brokers, Hayes, Sims, and Long would be the stars. We had 6 sacks on the most elusive QB in the game. Is KC elusive?

One of the best pass rushes in the game got 2 sacks to our 6. Foles is pretty damn good at moving in the pocket. - RamzFanz
----------
Well, it may be more comforting for you to think that, so please, don't read on if it is.

N Foles. Holder of the NFL best TD/INT record for a season and most TDs, 7, in a perfect game. Also a perennial winner.

T Mason (questionable) had 4.3 YPC last season as a rookie.

J Cook had 87 yards against the Seahawks and has great chemistry with Foles.

S Bailey. Go watch his 22 yard catch with Sherman on his back and Thomas hitting him. He is as sure a catcher as anyone in the NFL.

B Quick (questionable) was having a breakout season when he went down with injury and that was with 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

K Britt. A clutch WR with go up and get it fight for the ball skills.

I could go on if you want. The Rams have the deepest talent they've seen since the GSOT days. Deep. They were young and they had a terrible OC, OL, and QBs, but this team isn't that team. - RamzFanz
--------
Austin was a disappointment when the former OC had no idea how to use him and with terrible QBs. Well, not a disappointment, just unused. He's 1 return TD away from setting a Rams record.

I watched him all TC and I can tell you, I'm 100% sold this is his year to shine.

Mason is unproven? 4.3 yards per carry as a rookie.

I gotta warn you, this is exactly what Seahawks' fans were saying. This isn't last season's offense, not even close. - RamzFanz
--------
Wow, Rams fans seem to have it as bad as us, Kenny Britt as a clutch WR?!

Yikes, easy there now. Foles is hot and cold, hence the reason he was traded away from Chips team.

It was one game, a divisional game that Rams always play tough in, but come back down.

I agree the Rams have definitely gotten better but to see because they had so many tackles or sacks as JJ Watt is taking an extreme small size seeing it's Week 2.

If that's the case then AP is a bust, Peyton Manning might be the worst QB in the league, Colts offense can't score, Jets have a lethal offense, etc.

Bill Callahan will scheme some great looks against the D Line just like how we shut down Miami D.

Will it be enough, who knows?
-------
Good thing for Redskin fans is our team this year is very different to last year too. You talk of Donald, who is a great player, yet we have added Knighton, Paea, Francois and Smith to our D front. Luckily for you guys Smith is still working his way in however our D front improvement is significantly better than yours.

Not saying our D front is better than yours (it is in the run game, not in the pass game) but it is going against a worse OL (imagine facing the Rams D front with Chester and Polombus.....) which combined could be the key to the game.

Foles is going to have to take chances to move the ball, if our D catches the errant throws we will win. If they don't we won't. Either way neither team is winning the SB this year.

So far the Griffin trade has brought the Redskins a division title, for the Rams it has generated some dollars from jersey sales of highly drafted players. That may change, but given how poor your coaching staff is I doubt it
wink.png

---------
35-10 Skins

HAHAHAHA oh just kidding. Seriously though 35-10 Rams
---------
I really don't want to think it but 0-2 after this weekend looks more likely than 1-1. The Rams seem to have our number and worse seem bent and determined to rub our nose in the RG3 deal!

That being said I believe after last weeks loss against a team just asking to be beat we once again became the same team that has existed since Joe Gibbs left the first time and managed to come out with a "moral victory" We used to laugh at other teams now we are the one's being laughed out.

Rams - 27 Redskins - 10

Hey maybe we can even make it closer and gain another "Moral Victory"

You know if moral victories were real wins we would be the patriots..I know I am being sarcastic but I have been a fan almost 45 years since I was 10. I am sick of losing with no hope of anything ever getting better. it is sad to see a once great franchise reduced to the Eagles of the mid sixties to mid seventies.

BTW ... I absolutely hate the Eagles so the only joy I got out of last season was knocking them out of the playoff's. maybe that's all I can hope for this year as well..

Sorry everyone..I love this team and every week they find a way to make excuses when they lose and break our hearts..
---------
Let's be realistic here, that goes for fans on both sides. Neither the Skins nor the Rams have ANYTHING to brag about. Good teams don't brag, good teams just win. The fact that either side has to come out here and list who they have on defense and what sort of statistics their QB had while playing for another team, in another system is ridiculous.

As a Redskins fan, I won't waste time discussing who we have that is talented vs not talented. I think we all know. Personally, I will always root for the Skins, but until they prove they can consistently win, I will just assume the other team (in this case the Rams) will be victorious. See, I know the Skins suck. I don't care what they have on paper, or the names on the back of those jersey's. Until they win, it doesn't matter who they play. Just win and you'll get our vote of confidence.

Now onto the Rams (and a little message to their fans, visiting this forum). What has your team done in the past decade and especially since the RG3 trade, to get you so confident? More power to you, if you think you will beat us this week (as you should), but I get the vibe that some of the fans think the Rams have ‘arrived’. Until you prove it, you have not arrived. Maybe this year will be different but you have done nothing as a team till then. I bet it’s the word 'potential' (yes we've seen a lot of that around here too). The Rams have a 'potentially' great defense (yet they are not). They have a 'potentially' great team (yet they are not). Great teams just don't have 'potential', they actually prove they are great.

For the past decade (about 2004), which is when the Rams started stinking up the joint their record yearly has been 8-8, 6-10, 8-8, 3-3, 2-14, 1-15, 7-9, 2-14, 7-8, 2-14, 7-8, 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10 this past year. This is the record you guys are puffing your chest over? What exactly has your team done? How many playoffs have they been to in that time period? Oh but you won the RG3 trade you say. How has that translated into wins? That’s right it has not. You have a bunch of guys with ‘potential’ that has netted you zero playoff appearances and 2 wins better than us last year. Clap, clap, clap.

Again, don’t get me wrong. Ram are better than the Skins. A team with 6 wins is technically better than a team with 4 wins. Congrats! The RG3 trade got us an NFC East crown and a playoff appearance. On the flip side, the RG3 trade got you a bunch of guys with ‘potential’. I do think the Rams will and should win this week but a powerhouse you are not, at least not yet. You guys sure have a lot of ‘potential’, I'll give you that. The problem is, people with ‘potential’ typically don’t take years to make it happen. It happens right away.

See in 2012, we had potential but our QB got hurt and our fate forever changed. Also in 2012 the Seahawks had potential and they quickly turned that potential into greatness. Meanwhile the Rams still continue to have potential, year 4 and counting.

Your defensive line is good I’m sure. Maybe great even. I don’t follow the Rams enough to know but this is not the Bears, Bucs or Ravens we’re talking about. Sure this week they might dominate the Redskins. Don’t get too excited, we won 7 games in two years. Dominating us, doesn’t prove anything. A great defense (which is all I hear from Ram fans) should not have given up near 30 points to the Seahawks. But yea, it’s potentially great. I hear names like Quinn, Donald and Long thrown around like we’re talking about all-time greats. Settle down a bit, we just faced Suh, Wake and Vernon…a group that in itself has a lot of potential right?

Yes you have a better team, yes you will probably win and handily at that but your team so far has not done anything.
---------
I make it 27- 20 rams

I think the Skins will have far fewer penalties, the defense and special teams play decent but the rush game isn't as productive. Kirk is able to keep them moving most of the game but not enough to win.

This loss doesn't look so bad at the end of the year as the Rams have a good year.

---------
27-14 Rams. And an early panic sets in -- about Kirk and Jay, etc. I think they start turning it around on Thursday against the Giants and if they don't, its going to get uglier.

The Rams to me are too much for the Redskins -- their D line is insane. Gregg usually is good at game planning when it comes to stopping the run so I presume they will make our offense one dimensional and the whole game turns into a grind and the game is an ugly one to watch.
--------
I don't expect you to fear them any more than I fear the Skins O against our D. I'm just sharing what I know and I can absolutely promise you, this isn't the offense most think it is. It was a complete rebuild that took 3 seasons and this is the culmination.

Weaknesses:

The o line is suspect. Young, rookies, tackles are less than desirable. The center gave away a possession on a bad snap.

The secondary would be stellar, believe it or not, but they are gutted with injuries right now. We will see rookies in the secondary this game.

Foles will give the pass rush time to get to him. He's not a fast read. But he is very good at moving in the pocket and will take the hits and still produce. -
RamzFanz
-------
This feels like a trap game as an amateur wannabe sharp. I went 4-4 last week, kind of disappoint, I hate 67-71% straight up, and usually 54-62% ATS, depending on how things flow, and how good a read I get on a given season, power ratings etc. The Rams have a better QB, a vastly superior defense, but our weaker than us at the playmaking positions.

Normally I'd go Rams -3, and not think twice considering Jackson's out, Cousins stinks, and the Rams should be able to shut down our run game no problem. But I can also see a let down game, we shut down the Rams run game, we handle their pass game relatively well especially if Quick is out again, and we get just enough run offensively to win like the Dolphins won last week, grabbing a score or two or three, and winning 17-14 or something like that.

To me, this game completely turns on Cousins. If he plays a clean game, we win in an upset, if he doesn't, we lose, and look ugly doing it.

I wouldn't bet on this because it's too volatile a result for me, especially with Cousins turnover history, my inclination is just to grab the better team, but a road 3 point favorite with as many flaws as the rams is a tough buy in, especially after a huge win like last week.

If Cousin's avoids turnovers: Redskins 17-10

If Cousins has 1 or more turnovers: Rams 20-7
---------
I'll go with a 17-13 Skins win. Nick Foles will be the Super Bowl MVP this season, but this will be a game in which he stumbles.
-------
I predict Jay sends out Robert alone for the coin toss and has him ask when is the last time they made the playoffs.

But they clearly have our number, so this may get ugly early. I want Cousins to pump on the DBs who will be moving up anticipating the quick pass, and go over the top on Greggie.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Skins probably aren't the best team we will face all year - but they are a talented and well coached group. I know we are 1-0 and are feeling pretty good about ourselves - but we weren't far from 0-1 in a familiar kind of collapse.

This team needs to learn to win - last week was a step - but if we walk in to DC looking past the R-words, we could be in trouble.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I am not scared one iota about the Rams playing the 'Skins. Should I be? Probably.

But the defense is not on par. Their O, while they did play well last game, doesn't scare me with Cousins and Morris. And for the first time in forever(insert Frozen reference) the Rams actually have a QB who is not backup material.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I have a feeling they want to make Cousins wish he was still a backup personally...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I find it hard to believe after the last several years that the Rams would look past any team after one overtime win. The Rams will come in with swagger but will be all business and take care of it in the end. I see the Rams winning this one like they should.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
oh skins fans are so funny. I told my friends (skins fans) that we should get to the game early to tailgate. you know so they can get a little drunk to dull the pain before sitting down in our seats to watch an absolute massacre for 3 hours.