What McVay said to Tavon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Well lol.. if you think this is harsh for a Football coach.

I'm sure if any of you played football you heard worst.
I had my defensive coach hit me so hard in the ear hole that my ear was ringing for a day.

I wish he had just cussed at me!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well lol.. if you think this is harsh for a Football coach.. im guessing that was sarcasm.

Agreed. And I'll add that McVay is known to be a replay nazi in the film room, which means he's probably one of those guys who re-runs the play of you doing something wrong over and over in front of the team and while I don't think he's demeaning in style there is a LOT of accountability.

Whatever he's doing though it's working.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wow this guy doesn't know what "worked us to death" means. good thing he didn't come in back in the 1990's he would have quit.

Didn't realize he could be worked to death when he's on the sidelines with a hamstring injury all through camp.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I care a lot as all Rams fans should.
Because the money they wasted on him could have been used to extend Tree or AD.
THAT'S why I care, and why YOU should care.

Well, I don't.

Because your narrative isn't true.

The deal is ready for Aaron Donald (if reports are accurate).

Alec is gonna get his deal. Even tho he's struggling, he's a team captain. If anything, the money he's gonna get is from Trumaine.

Tavon got his deal. It's done with. Over. Cutting or trading him isn't gonna magically provide the Rams some money. Besides, he's a big part of this offense right now.

So enjoy it, you'll be happier.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, I don't.

Because your narrative isn't true.

The deal is ready for Aaron Donald (if reports are accurate).

Alec is gonna get his deal. Even tho he's struggling, he's a team captain. If anything, the money he's gonna get is from Trumaine.

Tavon got his deal. It's done with. Over. Cutting or trading him isn't gonna magically provide the Rams some money. Besides, he's a big part of this offense right now.

So enjoy it, you'll be happier.

Yes it is.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look we need to see what Tavon can do fully integrated into this offense. Look how Jared and Todd are playing in this system. It's not too unrealistic to assume Tavon will have his best season as a pro in this system.

If that's the case let's just wait and see what he does once he's comfortable.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin played a good game... the best thus far this year?

It's a start... let's see how he progresses from here.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
who punishes running backs when he fills the gap on inside runs.Must be the best plus game for TA in a long long long long time. Am I happy about delirious but I still want more. Too many PR where TA is tackled going backwards to make me forget about his learning issues. WR Mike Thomas is sure to be activated at some time here soon.....leaving the Rams with a major decision.

Currently the WR unit is completely full & not close to being utilized to max, thus there is no need for a extra WR addition. The need for an addition is on the defense is @ LB the Rams need a ILB'er who punishes running backs when they fill the gap on inside runs. Rams do not have any. But what we do have can perform school kids rendition of playing paty-cake paty-cake bakersmens.

McVay seems to have taken my pre regular season suggestion on 8/30/2017 & turned TA towards being a offensive weapon from the backfield.
"McVay will be effective in showcasing TA in the backfield & short cleared out areas."
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...ing-to-prove-this-year-huh.50787/#post-935659

Brilliant young man we have for a coach IMO. I do know some teams are in bad need for wide outs I would work up a trade somehow involving these suggested Rams WR Pharoh Cooper, DE Rob Quinn, SS Mo Alexander for a starting hard hitting mean inside LB'er ( like the Eagles LB'er Mychal Kendricks) to insert next to Alec Ogletree.

Back to TA, now since we seen a small glimpse on what he can do, I would like to use this Dallas game to build on TA's offensive back field experience if he can learn it.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yes it is.

K.

giphy.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Back to TA, now since we seen a small glimpse on what he can do, I would like to use this Dallas game to build on TA's offensive back field experience if he can learn it.
Agree... his career is one of games where is is very good... followed by games where is is either non-existent or making mistakes.

Granted, that was under CF (Clueless Fisher) so McVay is still figuring out how to use him the most effective way he can... this story is still unfolding.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I care a lot as all Rams fans should.
Because the money they wasted on him could have been used to extend Tree or AD.
THAT'S why I care, and why YOU should care.

So you want to rag on TA's play but start talking about extending Tree? The guy who's basically played like a pussy all year. That half hearted attempt on Eliot's TD was embarrassing. TA's not playing like an All Pro but you can start to see McVay integrate him into the offense and he was effective in the Dallas game. Tree on the other hand is playing like he doesn't want to hurt himself and is waiting on the big contract. He better start laying the wood soon or I'd save that money for someone else.

James Otto

Starter
So you want to rag on TA's play but start talking about extending Tree? The guy who's basically played like a wuss all year. That half hearted attempt on Eliot's TD was embarrassing. TA's not playing like an All Pro but you can start to see McVay integrate him into the offense and he was effective in the Dallas game. Tree on the other hand is playing like he doesn't want to hurt himself and is waiting on the big contract. He better start laying the wood soon or I'd save that money for someone else.

Ogletree .... man, I am so polar on him. He is a great athlete and he knows it, but I wish he would just play "football" sometimes. That tackling around the head like he does is going to hurt us at some point, especially if he does it to a quarterback. I do like Ogletree, but I just don't know if he's a really good fit for this defense. With our big boys up front, these linebackers should be raising hell and I just don't see it ... yet. But it is still so early into the scheme.

As for TA .... can you imagine him running that post pattern that Gurley ran out of the backfield yesterday? Holy moly, what a threat that would be. He catches it in the open field, he's gone every, single time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree .... man, I am so polar on him. He is a great athlete and he knows it, but I wish he would just play "football" sometimes. That tackling around the head like he does is going to hurt us at some point, especially if he does it to a quarterback. I do like Ogletree, but I just don't know if he's a really good fit for this defense. With our big boys up front, these linebackers should be raising hell and I just don't see it ... yet. But it is still so early into the scheme.

Ogletree at his best, as an inside LB, is a guy who can get quick and very deep drops in the passing game or match up better than most in coverage. But he's always going to be a DB at heart where he's a better chase guy than impact hole filler type.

There have been times thus far this season where I wanted to effin choke him. But we just don't have enough options to replace everyone who's been underwhelming thus far. He's just gotta quit thinking, and yes for the love of F start to put his head across the bow when he tackles at the hip level vice the shoulder tackle BS. The dude is very strong for his size, real strong hands and whatnot, but that DB tackle stuff needs to improve.

We just don't have many other options I don't think. Wade's best shot is to get these two knuckleheads going.

And btw I do think Ogletree has become a real good locker room leader. But to be the best example of that he's going to have to start playing at a high level.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
So you want to rag on TA's play but start talking about extending Tree? The guy who's basically played like a wuss all year. That half hearted attempt on Eliot's TD was embarrassing. TA's not playing like an All Pro but you can start to see McVay integrate him into the offense and he was effective in the Dallas game. Tree on the other hand is playing like he doesn't want to hurt himself and is waiting on the big contract. He better start laying the wood soon or I'd save that money for someone else.

Point taken about Tree...
The point I was trying to make is there is only so much money under the salary cap. If you waste some of it paying the wrong people too much money, you might not have enough to pay the ones you should pay. I think that is 'basically' correct....but you would think I suggested shooting Abraham Lincoln reading some of the flames I got for just trying to make that point.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

As for TA .... can you imagine him running that post pattern that Gurley ran out of the backfield yesterday? Holy moly, what a threat that would be. He catches it in the open field, he's gone every, single time.
Thank you!! There's no reason why TA can't run the same routes Gurley has. Gurley is a BEAST, but he is not better than TA in the open field. Teams know that too, which is why they bit on TAs route when Gurley took it to the house. I can't wait until the defense sleeps on TA and he finally catches a ball with room to run.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree at his best, as an inside LB, is a guy who can get quick and very deep drops in the passing game or match up better than most in coverage. But he's always going to be a DB at heart where he's a better chase guy than impact hole filler type.

There have been times thus far this season where I wanted to effin choke him. But we just don't have enough options to replace everyone who's been underwhelming thus far. He's just gotta quit thinking, and yes for the love of F start to put his head across the bow when he tackles at the hip level vice the shoulder tackle BS. The dude is very strong for his size, real strong hands and whatnot, but that DB tackle stuff needs to improve.

We just don't have many other options I don't think. Wade's best shot is to get these two knuckleheads going.

And btw I do think Ogletree has become a real good locker room leader. But to be the best example of that he's going to have to start playing at a high level.
We need a mad scientist to splice JLs heart and tackling prowess and knowledge of the game into AOs speed and athleticism