What is the problem with the Oline?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
In my opinion, this is one of the problems with running super vanilla in the preseason while counting on two rookies, a bench warmer, and an often confused left tackle to gel in week one. I've not been a fan of who've they've drafted sometimes but that's neither here nor there. I just don't think they were given a chance to be prepared. In order for practice to make perfect you have to actually practice what you intend to do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They are fine in pass pro. They seem to do a lot of double PA and reverse fakes, and when they do Nick Foles seems to have quite a bit of time.

IDK about run blocking. Maybe it's the line, maybe it's the RBs. It's probably a little bit both. Really disappointed about Tre Mason. I know he's been hurt, but overall just not the same dude as last year. He did much better then with a worse line.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It's going to take some time. We all knew this going into the season. It's only game 3. We have a lot of green starters, our only seasoned starter had offseason surgery and missed the entire preseason. I wouldn't say that they played terrible either. If our line is still playing at a low level by week 10 then I'll start to worry.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Some numbers after the first 3 games in the past 3 years:

• 171 rushing yards, 54 attempts, 3.2 Avg., 6 sacks
  • 312 rushing yards, 81 attempts, 3.9 Avg., 7 sacks
  • 214 rushing yards, 57 attempts, 3.8 Avg., 5 sacks
Of course these number are slightly skewed, both Givens (24 yds/att) and Austin (7.1, leads the team in rushing) boost our run game numbers a bit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hard to say....But we are getting better...And until we start stretching the field with the receivers, the box will remain mostly stacked...I actually thought we should have passed more....And I thought Mason was getting positive yards...Gurley was running tentative..

This offense needs more from Foles...and one more wr....to open up the running game.

FrankenRam

Starter
For those of you that are brave enough to go back and watch these games again (I just can't bring myself to do it) What is going on with the Oline? I thought these guys were supposed to be run blocking beast and I don't see any holes being opened up. Its hard to key in on them when your watching the game live I was hoping someone here could tell me who is playing good and who isn't. It really has blown my mind how inept this team is at running the ball. Before the season started I had no doubts in my mind that Gurley and Mason would be running wild with these big boys up front blocking for them but my god it has been awful.

We've got 2 rooks and 1 barely more than a rook (GRob) manning 3 of the OL positions. Even if all 3 were absolute run blocking BEASTS in college, that was college. This is the NFL...need the big boy pants. They've barely had time to try own their own pair let alone learn how to play with each other and gel as a unit.

What you're seeing is exactly why I thought sure Snisher would sign at least one fairly significant OL FA before the season started. If a moron like me can foresee the possibility of this kind of play, it should have been painfully obvious to the FO.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Why is the Offense having trouble?? A side by side comparison of the opening day 2014 starters vs yesterday's starters, shows 9 of 11 are new or in a different positions, plus a new offensive coordinator. I don't think there's much argument that the 2015 version is much improved. Time is the big variable, need time to work together, don't have time to wait.

2014----- 2015
QB - Hill------ Foles
RB - Stacy----- Mason
WR - Britt----- Britt
WR - Quick----- Austin
TE - Harkey----- Cook
TE - Kendricks----- Kendricks
LT - Long----- Robinson
LG - Saffold----- Brown
C - Wells----- Barnes
RG - Joseph----- Saffold
RT - Barksdale----- Havenstein

OC- Shotty----- Cignetti

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the problem this year with the OLine is similar to last years problem was with GRob. We're teaching young guys to block with both the power and zone schemes. Drop the two systems and go with the power scheme blocking. Keep it simple!