What do you expect from Gurley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Talk about having a shiny new toy sitting on a shelf that we havent even been allowed to take out of the box.

Myself, I'm expecting this guy to dominate right out of the gate. I don't really care about numbers, because I think we are looking at a stable approach no matter what he does - but I think he is going to be electric on day 1. I'm thinking an average per carry in the 5s.

Of course, I thought very highly of Trent Richardson, too. So there is always that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
200 carries, 1800 rushing yards, 25 TDs, 9 YPC. Just to be conservative

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing things. I think he's the next Edgerrin James.

I was very high on Trent Richardson but what I did not realize at Alabama was just how bad Richardson's vision is. I don't think Gurley has the same issue. There were plays in college where nothing was there yet Gurley was able to turn it into a huge play because he anticipated a hole being created and hit the crease as soon as there was day light.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
My fandom says somewhere around AP's rookie stats. Although not as many carries.

So 5.6 YPC, and 10ish TDs. I'd say 180ish carries. That puts him at 1008 yards. A great rookie year coming off an ACL.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Talk about having a shiny new toy sitting on a shelf that we havent even been allowed to take out of the box.

Myself, I'm expecting this guy to dominate right out of the gate. I don't really care about numbers, because I think we are looking at a stable approach no matter what he does - but I think he is going to be electric on day 1. I'm thinking an average per carry in the 5s.

Of course, I thought very highly of Trent Richardson, too. So there is always that.

Do you see the look on Fishers face everytime he talks about how Gurley looks in practice? He cant wait to see Gurley dominate games. I wouldnt expect a lot of carries in his first action , but never know he may have the hot hand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think this all depends on how much better our OL gets as the season goes on. Granted, we're not playing Seattle every week. But I don't want to get my head up in the clouds. Gurley had a lot bigger holes in college than he will have in the pro's.

I think he'll do well but anyone saying 5 YPC or greater are being a little hopeful.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have no expectations of Gurley, I'm worried that he's not going to see the same college success, but I think we're going to surprise people with our passing game as our primary game plan :) But with regards to RBs - I'm happy to have a tried and tested Mason standing in the shadows :p

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect (assuming we're playing him meticulously)
700 yards rushing
200 yards receiving
4 TDs

Around the same numbers as Steven Jackson's rookie year. Seeing that he won't be on the field much, he'll probably play primarily as a kick returner. Just my prediction, I don't see him playing much his rookie season.

DenverRam

Starter
i expect victory.

giphy.gif

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Personally I think he is going to have a huge year if he stays healthy. He will be our best runner and receiver out of the backfield. He will be a kin to having a 230 lbs Tavon Austin sitting in the back field for 3 downs. He may not be quite as shifty as Tavon but his speed and vision are comparable. During the preseason game against the Chiefs, after Tavon's nice screen pass, Faulk and company spoke about the fastest Rams. Faulk and Holt spoke about how Gurley was the third fastest Rams behind Tavon and Givens. In fact they both spoke about how they were blown away when they actually met and watch Gurley in practice. He is bigger than they expected and much faster, particularly his burst.

I am a UGA fan as well and Gurley was electrifying every time he touched the ball. He can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball and give the Rams a threat comparable to Adrian Peterson except he is a much better receiver so maybe more like Matt Forte. Bank on it!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think this all depends on how much better our OL gets as the season goes on. Granted, we're not playing Seattle every week. But I don't want to get my head up in the clouds. Gurley had a lot bigger holes in college than he will have in the pro's.

I think he'll do well but anyone saying 5 YPC or greater are being a little hopeful.
I think your right not close to 5 YPC but probably closer to 15 YPC

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Too Excited to comment. Please let him have one series against the steelers. Its gonna end in a Touchdown is all that matters. rushing and recieving. Just running free as a RAM. Memories of Dickerson flashing in my head. Speed and dominance. NO INJURIES!!!

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
I think he will start dominating after the bye week. Can't wait to see this guy in the back field!!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
A warm spot on the bench until week 8 would be nice. Study blitz pick up and pass protection, get stronger.
Then we can worry about what he brings to the table. JMO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A warm spot on the bench until week 8 would be nice. Study blitz pick up and pass protection, get stronger.
Then we can worry about what he brings to the table. JMO

I'm feeling really patient too.

Not sure about week 8... But after the bye doesn't bother me.

My guess: he gets some carries before the bye, but only a few. This will allow him some "break in" runs and continued heal up during the bye.

A55VA6

Legend
Amazing things. I think he's the next Edgerrin James.

I was very high on Trent Richardson but what I did not realize at Alabama was just how bad Richardson's vision is. I don't think Gurley has the same issue. There were plays in college where nothing was there yet Gurley was able to turn it into a huge play because he anticipated a hole being created and hit the crease as soon as there was day light.
Completely agree. James arguably had a HOF career, and we can only hope Gurley has a career similar or even better.

One thing about Gurley is he has an incredible stiff arm. This play is one of my favorite plays by him, he uses his arm 2 or 3 times and just makes it look so easy.