What 49ers fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Even worse sorry old Niners. When was the last time they won a Super Bowl again? Rams haven't got much to brag about but these guys acting like they're good is comedy gold.
They lost to the Ravens by 3 points.... in 2013 but prior to that it was 1995.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Admist all the negative talk, I do think it's kinda cool that this will be the first 49er/Ram game in LA in 22 years....a real throwback NFC West game.

A shame so much controversy surrounds both teams.
THIS!!!^^ I think I'm going to through a Bunch of Rams vs 49ers photos, from past games, together for game prep Saturday!!:snicker::popcorn::shades:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is a 49er fan saying? Oh that's easy.
Something along the lines of, "Go Cowboys. I've been a Cowboys fan my whole life"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is a 49er fan saying? Oh that's easy.
Something along the lines of, "Go Cowboys. I've been a Cowboys fan my whole life"
I see a lot of them I know wearing Raider gear or posting about Raiders games these days too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams likely will gain third-, fourth- and sixth-round picks as part of the compensatory process, but they've given away what are likely to become the fifth and 97th picks of the draft. Those are worth a combined 29.8 points of value on the Chase Stuart draft value chart. Los Angeles' other picks will be worth somewhere around 32.7 points of draft capital, meaning that nearly half of their draft capital in 2017 will head to Tennessee.
Counting The Compensatory picks, do you know exactly how many picks the Rams will have, and what they are!!?!! IDK!!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Some brain power at work in that crowd but then again I interact with Niner fans on a regular basis so it's not actually surprising. Love the idiot's calling Goff a bust.

to be fair there are some idiot ram fans that feel the same way.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Counting The Compensatory picks, do you know exactly how many picks the Rams will have, and what they are!!?!! IDK!!

http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/

Jenkins and McLeod should be compensatory picks.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5/2/11569810/2017-nfl-draft-los-angeles-rams-picks

Here's what the Rams are holding for next year as of today:

Round
3*

* - If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A.

All things considered, it's not too bad. The Rams are really only missing out on their first-round pick
In any case, the Rams are at least looking at a six-pick class at a minimum pending any future moves.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/

Jenkins and McLeod should be compensatory picks.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5/2/11569810/2017-nfl-draft-los-angeles-rams-picks

Here's what the Rams are holding for next year as of today:

Round
3*

* - If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A.

All things considered, it's not too bad. The Rams are really only missing out on their first-round pick
In any case, the Rams are at least looking at a six-pick class at a minimum pending any future moves.
We should have two 4ths and 6ths with comp picks there. Forth for certain the 6th is tbd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams, I really need you guys to dominate against the 49ers. I need this team to spank the shit out of them. We need to get revenge for Week 1. I need Goff to throw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. I need for the defense to shut down the 49ers. A defensive TD or special teams TD would be nice. We need something positive to build on for next year.

Plus, I'm playing my brother in my fantasy league championship, and I decided to start the Rams defense and Kenny Britt his week. Don't bite me in the ass.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams, I really need you guys to dominate against the 49ers. I need this team to spank the crap out of them. We need to get revenge for Week 1. I need Goff to throw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. I need for the defense to shut down the 49ers. A defensive TD or special teams TD would be nice. We need something positive to build on for next year.

Plus, I'm playing my brother in my fantasy league championship, and I decided to start the Rams defense and Kenny Britt his week. Don't bite me in the ass.
we are doomed ;)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If we go 2-14 every year, those 2 wins better be those fucking whiners.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
The weather is going to be a factor. Its going to get pretty soggy down here. I am sure they were practicing good in all this rain.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/san-francisco-los-angeles-odds-december-24-2016-728836

Odds:

San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams (-5, 39)
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/1...s-preview-niners-nation-jared-goff-chip-kelly

San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams: Q&A with Niners Nation
by Sean Wilkinson@Papa_Lurch

Saturday’s Week 16 matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Los Angeles Rams will provide us with an interesting exhibit in motivation. Neither team has much to play for but sitting at 1-13 and 4-10 respectively, the 49ers and Rams players are collectively playing for job security as their teams begin to look forward to 2017.

I touched base with David Fucillo from Niners Nation this week to get a feel for how things were looking in the bay area as the 2016 season begins winding down.

The Rams have been pretty lucky this season when it comes to major injuries, but looking at the 49ers injury report makes me wince. How much of the 49ers struggles this season can be attributed to not being healthy?

Some of the struggles are impacted by that, no doubt. Losing nose tackle Ian Williams before the season started, and then losing both inside linebackers (NaVorro Bowman, Ray-Ray Armstrong) were big losses on defense. I think the Williams injury in particular has been big because he was a key cog in the middle of the run defense.

But while the injuries are inherently going to impact things, this is still a team that has been sorely lacking in talent. You look at the offense, and even before they lost guys like TE Vance McDonald, and WRs Quinton Patton and Torrey Smith, the team was not doing a whole lot of much with any consistency.

The 49ers need a serious roster overhaul. This team might not have finished 1-15 or 2-14 if they stayed fully healthy, but they were not going to win many games. And furthermore, while they have lost a lot of players, they have had no quality depth to replace a lot of these players.

A team is almost always going to take a step back when an injury hits, but the 49ers haven't had near the depth they had in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Since the Rams transitioned from Jeff Fisher to John Fassel, there has been a noticeable change in direction. Particularly this week when Fassel announced that Sean Mannion would be the backup and former starting QB Case Keenum would likely not dress for Saturday's game. Has the 49ers organization started looking towards 2017 and beyond as the 2016 NFL season winds down?

Honestly, I don't know. I mean the scouting and whatnot are happening, but with a GM very likely to get fired, and a coach that may or may not be around depending on how the front office shakes out, it is feeling very much like a lame-duck season.

The 49ers have started playing more young players, but that has been primarily because of injuries. They're getting a chance to see some of them, so that's a plus, but the 49ers have a long way to go. It is hard to say where things are headed or what the plan is when the organization could undergo a massive overhaul this offseason.

Colin Kaepernick has shown flashes of his former self at times this season. How does he work into the 49ers long term plans at QB?

Kaepernick has shown flashes, but he's also shown some of the things that have frustrated fans and caused problems. He is better than the quarterback we saw last season, but it is hard to see him ever emerging as a true franchise quarterback. That certainly leaves a lot in between. For the 49ers, he could serve as a veteran bridge to a younger developed quarterback they would add in the draft.

Kaepernick's contract does raise questions about his future. He renegotiated his deal so that he is signed through the 2017 season, but has an opt-out clause after this current season. He might opt out given the weak market, but if he does not opt out, the 49ers could also decide to release him with limited cap issues. My guess is Kap opts out, but there are variables in play.

In the last two drafts, the 49ers have drafted DEs Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner to pair with Glen Dorsey at DT. Will those three terrorize Rams QB Jared Goff for the foreseeable future?

I think Armstead and Buckner are two guys that will be around to terrorize Goff for the foreseeable future. Well, I at least hope so! Dorsey has been a strong presence against the run and I hope the 49ers are able to extend him, even if for just a couple years. He is a stable middle of the line option that you can build around.

Ian Williams is a talented nose tackle, but after multiple surgeries on a previous ankle injury, he was released with an injury settlement. I could see him back on the roster after this season, but we'll see on that.

For now, Armstead and Buckner have shown some things that could be good to build around. Armstead is on injured reserve after suffering a shoulder injury in the preseason. He tried to play through it, but was clearly slowed, and eventually had surgery on it.

Buckner is leading all NFL defensive tackles in snaps. It is a by-product of Chip Kelly's offense getting the defense more work, but it is nice to see him being productive amidst a heavy workload.

Are Chip Kelly and/or Trent Baalke in any danger? Is there any inclination that the 49ers will move in a different direction after a disappointing 2016 campaign?

As most of the rest of this would suggest, yes, they are both in danger. Trent Baalke is arguably in more danger given his longer tenure amidst the struggles. But Kelly's future would likely be tied to the GM search. If Baalke is fired, there is some thought that assistant GM Tom Gamble would take over. He worked with Kelly in Philadelphia, and is viewed as one of the guys who made Kelly to the 49ers happen.

If that is the case, it would likely bode well for Kelly getting another year. On the other hand, if the 49ers decide to look outside the organization to revamp the football operations department, Kelly would seem to potentially be in trouble. After all, a new GM would seemingly want their own coach, unless they were already a Chip Kelly fan.

There have been a variety of rumors flying about what might happen. Baalke probably gets fired, but that's not a sure thing. If he does get fired, maybe the 49ers hire internally, maybe they hire externally. I honestly don't have any idea how this plays out. January should be fun!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams, I really need you guys to dominate against the 49ers. I need this team to spank the crap out of them. We need to get revenge for Week 1. I need Goff to throw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. I need for the defense to shut down the 49ers. A defensive TD or special teams TD would be nice. We need something positive to build on for next year.

Add to this^^, I also want to see Gurrrley rush for 200+ Yards and 2 TD's! This is possible with the 49ers Great(?) Run Defense!!:mrburnsevil:

FRO

Legend
The Rams have been pretty well healthy all year for the most part and they are still a 4-10 football team. That's concerning to me.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have been pretty well healthy all year for the most part and they are still a 4-10 football team. That's concerning to me.

the virus has been removed. we have to hope the rams choose the right medication to get back on their feet again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least it's not 7-9 bull crap
Sure its either 4-12 bull crap or 5-11 bull crap but I digress

FRO

Legend
At least it's not 7-9 bull crap
Sure its either 4-12 bull crap or 5-11 bull crap but I digress
At least in 2013 and 2014 there was a feeling that things were building and the team was close to winning. 2016 is a huge step back and the roster doesn't look nearly as good. It's depressing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least in 2013 and 2014 there was a feeling that things were building and the team was close to winning. 2016 is a huge step back and the roster doesn't look nearly as good. It's depressing.
When they are 10-6 next year we can look back and laugh