What 49ers fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187438-49ers-rams-week-pregame-thread/

IMG_1338-1024x817.jpg

49ers vs Rams: Week 16 - Pregame Thread

Rams have the worst offense in the league.

If we lose and allow 24+ points in the process, I don't know how you can justify O'Neil returning.
-------
I can't see how you can justify him returning even if we win 49-0. There is still the rest of the season to account for and it is, after all, only the Rams.
--------
I think we beat the rams no matter who is at QB for us. Our defense can play 8 or 9 in the box and not worry about the rams passing game. That's pretty much how we won our only game. They had opportunities but didn't convert.
--------
I don't think we have 8 or 9 guys healthy, that are left on D.
---------
Hopefully we have enough healthy players to field a borderline decent team, at this point I would see what the practice squad players can do, why not?
-------
Rams play a top 10 D against the Pass and top 12 overall. Plus they have A.Donald who I'm sure holds grudges. This game is going to be low scoring and I can see us losing again..
sad.gif

---------
We win
---------
Please, start Ponder.
---------
14 straight losses.

We only raise super bawl banners so who cares anyways.
----------
Goff getting his 1st win against the team he grew up rooting for
eek.gif

---------
Whats the deal with Goff?
I'll bet he doesn't want to destroy his hometown team.
He's a nice boy.
--------
Goff is going to have his coming out party against the 49ers.
--------
Goff will roast this defense. Watch and see. It will be Cal boy's coming out party. We can't stop anyone's passing game -- not even the Rams.
--------
Time to kickstart Goff's career. Increase that confidence.
-------
I hope your right, but Goff to me looks like a major bust.
-------
Goff is in the concussion protocol and might not even play. Meaning?

Keenum will roast this defense pretty much by just handing it off to Gurley.
--------
I hope he doesn't play, I have no confidence in him. At least Keenum is a gamer.
---------
Rams considering Mannion if Goff can't play https://t.co/mT810kkp7g

Our defense is gonna make him look like a star
---------
Mannion will beat us, Goff will not
---------
I hope Mannion Plays, I think we have a better shot losing if Mannion plays, I actually wanted Mannion when he came out, but we all know Blockhead dont listen to anyone but himself. He actually thinks he does a heck of a job drafting prospects.

Sean Mannion FTW!!!
--------
If Goff plays we will win
-------
Gurley's breakout game.
---------
I got offered a free ticket to go to this game. I passed. Who wants to see this dumpster fire vs another dumpster fire at the Coliseum? I'd rather stay home on X-mas eve and eat Menudo.
-------
49ers somehow shut out this team week 1. That game honestly feels like it was 2 years ago.
-------
Imagine if the Rams were playing some other team that night. It would have been 70-0.
--------
Right,, Falcons were well on their way last week to blasting the by 60 or so, let off the gas once it was 42-0. haha
-------
The rams will be in full on give up let down tank mode. Just like last season. You'll never convince me that they didn't let Tomsula win that game. Let's just hope they have enough pride to try and seek some payback for that week 1 stomping they got n Santa Clara because if they even half ass try they should completely steam roll this sorry ass 49ers squad.
sad.gif

---------
Lambs 38
Niners 13

flush.gif
flush.gif
flush.gif

------
This might be the most boring game in the history of football to watch.
------
Sounds like a good time to go to LA....in 2019
-------
Honestly, this is the game I am terrified that the Niners might win. The Rams seem to play their worst games against us lately, and they're a bad team anyway. I do not want Jacksonville to leapfrog us for the #2 pick.
---------
Looks like Kap is getting the start on Saturday.
sad.gif

bobross.png

---------
Admist all the negative talk, I do think it's kinda cool that this will be the first 49er/Ram game in LA in 22 years....a real throwback NFC West game.

A shame so much controversy surrounds both teams.
---------
Hyde for 1000 yards rushing and Britt for 1000 yards receiving..!!!
--------
They should flex the game to Sunday night just for the nostalgia.
--------
Come on Rams. Beat us down hard. I want a 30-6 type score.
--------
i hope the rams win 42-10

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm really glad to see that they will apparently will roll with Mannion if Goff can't go...At least I haven't heard the B.S. like We'll go with Case because he gives us the best chance to win...I'd like the last 2 weeks to be a learning time for Goff...The only reason I care much about the outcome is my total disdain for the Whiners and now almost as much for anything Arians has anything to do with...At least if need be Mannion, may get some real game reps..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surprised you were able to find 49er fans.

Judging from many of their comments, they seem to want the Rams to win big time so they can get that #2 pick behind the Browns.

FRO

Legend
Judging from many of their comments, they seem to want the Rams to win big time so they can get that #2 pick behind the Browns.
Can't say I blame them. If in their position I would do the same.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I didn't even know Ponder was on the Whiners.
I hope Kap plays. I love watching him get his ass kicked by our D.

I would love to see Mannion play if Goff can't go.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some brain power at work in that crowd but then again I interact with Niner fans on a regular basis so it's not actually surprising. Love the idiot's calling Goff a bust.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If we don't win this game the rest of our so called coaches should fire themselves.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My eyes might bleed if we get swept by this niners team.

Just shows you how bad Jeff Fisher was !!! Fosel has to tell team about the history of the rivalry.
-- from my account The Rams had the lead on the 49ers alltime before Fisher was the coach. Now The Rams are behind in the series by 2 games.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187390-better-opportunity-49ers-rams/

Better opportunity for a HC - 49ers on Rams?

Rams are building a new stadium and might have their qb of the future with more pieces on their team. Plus we have Jed York, who is the root of our problems.
---------
Whatever they do it's still the Rams. Same old Rams.
---------
I think both are actually some what appealing...LA might be a little better depends on the GM situation.
-----------
49ers have the most cap space in the NFL and possibly a #2 pick in the draft. That should attract most coaches who would like to build a team on their vision and not the previous regime's

Rams have a good defense but their offense is possibly worst than ours, they dont have that much in cap space, and mortgaged a lot of their high draft picks for a QB that has looked terrible
---------
Rams. Better talent and already drafted qb with a year of experience already.
----------
The Rams are just as much of a trainwreck as the Niners right now. Talent level is pretty equal as well.

Plus, the Bay > LA.
----------
Niner job is the best job in the nfl. You work for one year and get canned then collect the rest of your contract while doing nothing.
--------
I don't agree...

They have a highly rated rookie QB and a budding star RB to build with. We just have the RB and ours can't stay healthy. They still have also one of the best front 7's in the NFL and ours is breaking records for ineptitude even with the potential Buckner is showing.

Then you have to deal with the Yorks who have proven to not just be leaky babies but are more than willing to throw you under the bus and pull triggers on whims.
---------
they got the better D-line , we at least have a mediocre O-line

QB..... we are looking for one
-------
Rams almost perfect weather, management, celebs, no QB questions or (Kap) headaches and a really talented D when they get it together.
---------
This. Rams is the more appealing destination.....for now. Things change quick in the NFL, but you have to make the right moves.

Right now Rams have more blue chip talent. Donald, Quinn, Gurley. Goff is still young enough to develop. There's a more clear direction there.
---------
Rams have been rebuilding with top 10 picks for like 15 years. Like the Raiders.

I'd pick the Rams. They should be much further ahead along than us right now. Anyone can see there is some legit talent there.
-------
This - if they add a WR and beef up the offensive line, that team could be really good. Donald is one of the best defensive players in the league, they have talented young linebackers, and they have two cornerstones on offense in Goff and Gurley (Goff has started slow, but he's still 22).

The $40 million in cap space the 49ers have saved up is nice, but realistically that's equivalent to signing a mediocre pass rusher for 4-5 years nowadays. It's something that may help put you over the top when you have a nice core in place, but you aren't going to rebuild your team with it.

Right now, we have very little talent and it will take years for us to rebuild. The Rams are much closer to being a playoff team.
----------
Us, they traded away their future for a QB that has massive bust potential. We have a ton of draft picks, massive cap room and about to have a new GM to pair up with. Also coming off a franchise worst season so any improvement is is better that what was here whereas at least Fisher managed to win a few games each year.

Also heard it said that an LA coach is expected to do more than coach football, he is expected to cozy up to the stars and play the game similar to the way college coaches have to do with boosters. None of that here. So I would say come coach the Niners.
----------
Rams easy. LA, new stadium, much better talents, new franchise QB plus a better owner. The owner might have screwed up in hiring Jeff Fisher and not firing him, but that's what you want as a HC, a little more patience and less impulsive from the owner unlike fxxking Jed York.

Then, you look at the 9ers, you have a sh*t owner, empty stadium, angry fans, no QB, no GM, an ex-GM who had fxxked up pretty much all his drafts and free agency for years resulting in such a hopeless roster. In other words, the 9ers are absolutely barren, there is no positives to be had whichever way you look at it.

Again that is why I have always said if you hire a big name or as some of the more cynical would call old retreads such as a Mike Shanahan, may be as a Head of Football Operations figure, it would aid to steady the ship. At the very least, a guy with Mike's impressive resume will command respect right away with anyone, be it HC, coaching staff candidates and players he interviews.

We need that credibility in order to make better hiring, otherwise we will be back to square one. If you just hire say a young GM and a young HC, they won't have enough weight to be able to convince the interviewing candidates to come to SF.

The 49ers joint just stinks to high heavens right now. It will surely take sometime before we can get rid of that stench, the place is highly toxic as we speak.
----------
Rams and it's not close. Apparently the Rams are projected to be $40 million under the cap next year.
---------
49ers.

If you pick the Rams your career is tied to Jarred Goff. He's not the new coach's choice so they may give him a season with a new qb but that's a small window to work with.

They may be us in terms of years of top 10 picks but they're also us in terms of having a qb who's a 4 year project.
--------
Every Owner, GM and HC is tied to their QB.

Jim Harbaugh's entire career would be tainted if he had stayed here and Kaepernick continued to spiral down (and did nothing about it).

For the Rams though, they have a good-start formula. Stellar talent on defense and an outstanding running game. If you can add a game manager at QB who can at least lead an efficient and timely passing game, you can go a LONG way in the NFL today...even win Superbowls.

85 brought up a great point...today that rings true...but tomorrow, the Rams don't have those top 10 picks and everything could ride on Goff. That should be a scary thought for Rams fans.
---------
If Kelly's gone we'll have gone through 3 coaches in 3 years, not exactly the model of a stable job environment.
--------
The Rams at least have an owner who pretends to care.
---------
I'd say the RAMS.. they have the better players all around, and is actually playoff ready.
----------
The FO situation in LA seems to be just about as bad as it is here. The Rams have better talent though and at least have a qb on their roster. I doubt the Rams stink is as bad to potential hires.

They are both pretty bad though. I know everybody is down on us as they should be but the Rams haven't done s**t either in a very long time. Difference is that we know we're probably screwed for a while...id bet the Rams figure it out faster than we do.
---------
Rams, sadly. Neither team is in much of a position to win soon. But the Rams have a super rich owner who seems committed to his team's success. Niners have the Yorks :(
----------
It's all about ownership. Rams win, hands down.
--------
Rams by a long shot!
sick.gif

---------
What I find interesting is the prevailing opinion by many is that the Rams done goofed with selling the farm for Goff.

A lot of GMs and coaches love this job if they can move on from Goff.
--------
Not even close... Rams
---------
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18280597/ranking-nfl-best-potential-coaching-jobs-2016

10. San Francisco 49ers

Regardless of whether the 49ers keep Chip Kelly, this roster is unrecognizable from the one that likely would have won a vote as the league's best in 2013. Even the players who are left -- guys such as linebackers NaVorro Bowman and Michael Wilhoite and quarterback Colin Kaepernick -- haven't looked like themselves, as they've battled injuries and age. This is a mess of an organization, from top to bottom.

It's far more likely that the 49ers would fire general manager Trent Baalke before making any decision on Kelly, but in either scenario, the roster is years away from being competitive. Kaepernick has been an upgrade over Blaine Gabbert, but he's still struggling to correct his issues with pocket presence and accuracy and is likely to leave during the offseason.

The 49ers are likely to finish the year with a top-three pick, but it has come during a year when there doesn't appear to be a quarterback worth taking. Todd McShay's first mock draft doesn't include any quarterbacks before the 30th selection.

And the 49ers aren't going to be stocked with draft capital in 2017, either. They'll have an extra fourth-round pick because of Alex Boone's departure and a couple of late-round selections, but they'll have nothing else to help restock the roster.

New management would have a scarcely fathomable amount of cap space to work with -- the Niners could easily roll into March with more than $100 million of room -- but who wants to play there? It would take a remarkable long-term effort to reshape the organizational culture in San Francisco, and whichever coach intends to do so would be joining an organization hiring its fourth head coach in four years. Does that sound appealing?

9. Los Angeles Rams

It has been suggested that the Rams vacancy is viewed as a desirable gig by those in the league. Maybe it's just me, but this gig doesn't seem very exciting at all. Let's run through the checklist of things you might want if you were going to take over a rebuilding football team.

A franchise quarterback? The Rams drafted Jared Goff with the first overall pick in April, but Goff wasn't good enough to get on the field for most of his rookie season and has posted a brutal 24.5 QBR since getting there. It's too early to give up on Goff, but the initial returns are about as ugly as it gets for a No. 1 pick. Whoever takes over this job is going to inherit Goff as the quarterback of the future with three years and $22.8 million in guaranteed cap hits remaining.

Draft picks? Goff was the only player taken by the Rams in the first three rounds of the 2016 draft, and the Rams are down first- and third-round selections in the 2017 draft after trading them to Tennessee as part of the deal to move up and grab him. (The Titans used two of the picks they acquired from the Rams to trade up and draft right tackle Jack Conklin, who has played at a Pro Bowl level as a rookie.)

The Rams likely will gain third-, fourth- and sixth-round picks as part of the compensatory process, but they've given away what are likely to become the fifth and 97th picks of the draft. Those are worth a combined 29.8 points of value on the Chase Stuart draft value chart. Los Angeles' other picks will be worth somewhere around 32.7 points of draft capital, meaning that nearly half of their draft capital in 2017 will head to Tennessee.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams play a top 10 D against the Pass and top 12 overall. Plus they have A.Donald who I'm sure holds grudges. This game is going to be low scoring and I can see us losing again..
sad.gif

---------
14 straight losses.
----------
Goff getting his 1st win against the team he grew up rooting for
eek.gif
I find these^ to be the most knowledgeable 49ers comments!!:mrburnsevil:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever they do it's still the Rams. Same old Rams.

Even worse sorry old Niners. When was the last time they won a Super Bowl again? Rams haven't got much to brag about but these guys acting like they're good is comedy gold.