[Updated] Antonio Brown released, signs w/Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Lmao
DA88F5B0-2BAE-4A91-A492-AC412339B933.jpeg

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
He hasnt been to one practice and the patriots have already had to call their lawyers to investigate allegations. Its all blowing up in their faces.

Those emails show the kind of douche he is but more importantly they are very damning as he braggs about the 2nd instamce of sexual assult. I wonder what the legal level of assult that is. I wouldve loved to have seen tom and Bill's faces when they heard......."what...you have to be fucking kidding me"

I think those emails will be the nail. They should show guilt and help to convict. The patriots would then have to release him and it will be really interesting to see who will take a chance on him.

Maybe the xfl
I bet the Browns would still take him

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The same people probably said the same thing when Hernandez was arrested. Boston area fans have a real problem with disconnecting their fandom from real life. It's troubling.

I had the opportunity to smack down a Patriots fan at a sports bar who was ripping a player for domestic abuse just months after the Hernandez arrest came about. I asked him if he was as indignant when that happened and he simply shut up. I had the pleasure of saying "he assaulted her but he didn't kill two people, which is worse to you?"

He sat there and ignored me LOL.

I think those emails will be the nail. They should show guilt and help to convict. The patriots would then have to release him and it will be really interesting to see who will take a chance on him.

It's a civil case not a criminal case so there isn't a conviction. She never reported his behavior to police. And as we have all discussed in heated fashion on this board most of the times victims don't go to the police because it's a very difficult thing to do emotionally and a hard thing to prove legally.

However as you point out the emails, or texts or whatever those are will certainly help her case and damage his. Even though they are hard to translate. Bragging about jerking off onto someones back is really, really low.

I'm thinking that his tenure with the Patriots will be a short one and that he will be out of the NFL pretty soon. I can't see a team picking up Brown after everything that's happened the last several weeks.

fearsomefour

Legend
Derek Carr: WT actual F is the plan here?
He looked damn good Monday night.
Gruden has flaws but he will put his QB in positions to succeed.
They have a fine young RB, an explosive TE and a mauling OL, especially when Incognito and Gabe Jackson get back.
Brutal schedule however (meanwhile NE has a cake walk).

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Quite the literary genius isn't he with a colourful turn of phrase. I'll be honest, I didn't understand much, if anything, of those emails.
I think he's stating that she lied about her credentials, doesn't own and gym, didn't have a place to sleep (other than living with her mom which was likely contentious), and so crashed at his place.

So, while acting as his live in ho for a time, she was probably trying to watch a TV show, but sir Brown was in the mood (yes, this can be an actual pissing contest for some), so he nutted on her back with the intent of disrespect which was taken as such.

Even after he does that she's still staying with him, and he gets into some rough stuff she's not into, and that's the straw that broke the camel's back? So she moves back to her mom's basement, they probably do take to the notion of turning this into a civil suit, after all why else would a woman deal with his brand of bologna, and he interprets this as a change in her attitude affected more recently by her mother (all likely to be true even before she moved out of his place).

So he consulted his baby momma, after all who doesn't, it takes a ho to know a ho, and she lets him in their little scheme (hey she's moving in on her cut after all), prompting the nasty gram detailed. At least that's how I interpret the baby momma aspect.

It actually gets better, we'll say that there is a history with additional untaxed services and we can agree that the new pink breast cancer awareness NFL would rather this be swept under a rug, but I'm not sure the best lawyers can keep this playa out of trouble.

Enjoy, life is often more interesting than fiction :)

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No statute of limitations. Not sure you're correct here.

I was clarifying that there are no criminal charges, at least currently and probably won't be. This is a very difficult thing to prove in a court of law. But in a civil court the threshold is lower to win the case. We saw that with OJ Simpson.

She's seeking 75K , which is a low enough number for someone with Brown's $$$ that a court may find it easy to award her that. She (IMO) knows that she can't prove it so she wants to exctract some money from him for what he did.

And from what we know he did some things.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I had the opportunity to smack down a Patriots fan at a sports bar who was ripping a player for domestic abuse just months after the Hernandez arrest came about. I asked him if he was as indignant when that happened and he simply shut up. I had the pleasure of saying "he assaulted her but he didn't kill two people, which is worse to you?"

He sat there and ignored me LOL.

It's a civil case not a criminal case so there isn't a conviction. She never reported his behavior to police. And as we have all discussed in heated fashion on this board most of the times victims don't go to the police because it's a very difficult thing to do emotionally and a hard thing to prove legally.

However as you point out the emails, or texts or whatever those are will certainly help her case and damage his. Even though they are hard to translate. Bragging about jerking off onto someones back is really, really low.

I'm thinking that his tenure with the Patriots will be a short one and that he will be out of the NFL pretty soon. I can't see a team picking up Brown after everything that's happened the last several weeks.

If i remeber correctly there is a 2 year window to bring assult charges, at least in montana, so i was thinking criminal charges could be brought with the emails. Either way, if she wins the civil case, hes done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was clarifying that there are no criminal charges, at least currently and probably won't be. This is a very difficult thing to prove in a court of law. But in a civil court the threshold is lower to win the case. We saw that with OJ Simpson.

She's seeking 75K , which is a low enough number for someone with Brown's $$$ that a court may find it easy to award her that. She (IMO) knows that she can't prove it so she wants to exctract some money from him for what he did.

And from what we know he did some things.
She is alleging outright rape. We'll see where it goes but it sounds like she is setting up to press charges if the DA will take it on. As far as I know there is no statute of limitations on rape. Stay tuned.

Do you have a link to the $75k info? I didn't see that and frankly, this POS isn't worth my time to do any research. Sad to say that I hope the rape did occur (not for her of course) so this ass wipe goes away for good.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
She is alleging outright rape. We'll see where it goes but it sounds like she is setting up to press charges if the DA will take it on. As far as I know there is no statute of limitations on rape. Stay tuned.

Do you have a link to the $75k info? I didn't see that and frankly, this POS isn't worth my time to do any research. Sad to say that I hope the rape did occur (not for her of course) so this ass wipe goes away for good.

The alleged incidents have left Taylor suffering "near-daily panic attacks and suicidal ideas," per the lawsuit. She is seeking in excess of $75,000.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27589799/antonio-brown-accused-rape-civil-lawsuit

I don't know if charges can be brought without her agreeing to that. If so it's going to be difficult to prove anything anyway and of course we now have the usual suspect response of "we had a consensual sexual relationship".

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pure fucking scumbag. Never thought I could hate a wide receiver more than Michael Thomas (Saints, not Rams; our guy is awesome), but congratu-fucking-lations, Mr. Brown: you just won first prize in that contest.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If i remeber correctly there is a 2 year window to bring assult charges, at least in montana, so i was thinking criminal charges could be brought with the emails. Either way, if she wins the civil case, hes done.

You're probably right if she wins the Patriots will probably release him. I can't see a team keeping him around after that.

Frankly I'm slightly surprised that after the emails came out that he is still allowed to practice or wasn't outright cut.

fearsomefour

Legend
Pure fucking scumbag. Never thought I could hate a wide receiver more than Michael Thomas (Saints, not Rams; our guy is awesome), but congratu-fucking-lations, Mr. Brown: you just won first prize in that contest.
It’s an allegation at this point.
Remember, innocent until proven Patriot.