Troy Hill Next Man Up!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I for one was concerned with Kayvon Webster went down, however, I just watched Troy Hill play his best game as a Los Angeles Ram and kudos to DC Wade Phillips and DB Coach Aubrey Pleasant for having Hill ready and not a bad job by the Rams defensive line led by the Donald fellow....Memo to Seattle, you don't poke a bear!

Hill was right in Richardson's back pocket besides others, was a joy to watch and my hope is he can stay healthy and continue to provide blanket coverage.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post Den. Yes, Hill played great tonight. He actually looks like he might be able to improve this defense down the stretch given how well he played. Hope it continues.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Troy Hill showed promise after being drafted but was streaky last season. I had a feeling he'd be good, but he did great tonight.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Troy Hill and Quinn stepped up big today. If we play the rest of the year like we did today. There's no one that can compete with us.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kudos to Hill, Littleton and Cooper. Rams depth is stepping up. (I mention Cooper because he stepped in for Austin early in the season at PR)

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I for one was concerned with Kayvon Webster went down, however, I just watched Troy Hill play his best game as a Los Angeles Ram and kudos to DC Wade Phillips and DB Coach Aubrey Pleasant for having Hill ready and not a bad job by the Rams defensive line led by the Donald fellow....Memo to Seattle, you don't poke a bear!

Hill was right in Richardson's back pocket besides others, was a joy to watch and my hope is he can stay healthy and continue to provide blanket coverage.
Troy hill did as much as he could. But our secondary wasnt really tested today because of how well our front 7 played. Still I will give him credit.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree on Hill. He had a great game. Don't leave Trumaine Johnson out either. He rose to the occasion too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played well today, but he still makes me nervous. He was aided today by our pass rush being basically unstoppable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was aided today by our pass rush being basically unstoppable.

Granted great pass rush, but Hill looked different today, right in the receiver's hip pocket, have not seen that from him before, let's hope that continues in the Music City.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Troy Hill showed promise after being drafted but was streaky last season. I had a feeling he'd be good, but he did great tonight.

The guy definitely has some potential. I had written him off due to his DUI last year considering the way it went down (crashing into a big rig on a Saturday morning). If he can minimize his booze intake, I think he will produce at his position.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
He played well today, but he still makes me nervous. He was aided today by our pass rush being basically unstoppable.

Lol i thought i was the only one that felt that way. YES, he had a good game but he sure makes me nervous too

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was so worried, but the man balled today. Major props, well deserved.
?
His side was Boot hill??? Too early

Last edited:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Who knew that Tavon dropping punts was going to end up being a good thing for the Rams?

Well, McVay did say that he was only giving Tavon a "break" from punt returning. I think it's time he got the job back.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Troy hill did as much as he could. But our secondary wasnt really tested today because of how well our front 7 played. Still I will give him credit.

I disagree. There were times when Russell Wilson got sacked after holding the ball for 10+ seconds. THOSE, my friend, are coverage sacks.

Not that our front 7 wasn't dominating. They were.

But we've seen Wilson kill us when plays break down and our coverage isn't where it should be.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, McVay did say that he was only giving Tavon a "break" from punt returning. I think it's time he got the job back.

no.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I disagree. There were times when Russell Wilson got sacked after holding the ball for 10+ seconds. THOSE, my friend, are coverage sacks.

Not that our front 7 wasn't dominating. They were.

But we've seen Wilson kill us when plays break down and our coverage isn't where it should be.
I think it is a combo of the two, which is why it was such a great team win. Wilson, usually has a breakdown to throw to, but today, he either threw it away, or threw it to nobody. We made him look like a rookie today.

For those who forget, or didn't hear it, R. Wilson was the leading MVP candidate this year, but it should be Gurley. Gurley should have emerged as the leader today, if not sooner...seriously. Who is better?

Let the threads start...Gurley, the 2017 MVP.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think it is a combo of the two, which is why it was such a great team win. Wilson, usually has a breakdown to throw to, but today, he either threw it away, or threw it to nobody. We made him look like a rookie today.

For those who forget, or didn't hear it, R. Wilson was the leading MVP candidate this year, but it should be Gurley. Gurley should have emerged as the leader today, if not sooner...seriously. Who is better?

Antonio Brown would get my vote with Gurley second, Case Keenum third and Brady fourth.

I don't think getting injured in week 15 should keep AB from winning.

If ever there was a guy not named Jerry Rice who SHOULD win it... it'd be AB.

It'll probably go to Wilson even after he crapped the bed today because his running game sucks so hard that he has to both run and pass.

Still, I like my list better than the eventual list which I will not like, I almost guarantee.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Antonio Brown would get my vote with Gurley second, Case Keenum third and Brady fourth.

I don't think getting injured in week 15 should keep AB from winning.

If ever there was a guy not named Jerry Rice who SHOULD win it... it'd be AB.

It'll probably go to Wilson even after he crapped the bed today because his running game sucks so hard that he has to both run and pass.

Still, I like my list better than the eventual list which I will not like, I almost guarantee.
Gurley, AB, then up for grabs. I would have put Wilson there, before this game. This game almost proved that he should be in the convo, it is just that we know how to play him. It also proves how important he is for his team's success.