Top Ten All Time Ram TIGHT ENDS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WHICH NAME SCORES MORE IN SCRABBLE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
We complete the offensive line with the position of Tight End in this post. I believe these rankings may cause quite a bit of disagreement, depending on what you value at the position.

Is Tight End primarily a blocker? A pass catcher? And now a days, an h-back role? Some of the gentlemen on this list are here because they excelled in one or more of these areas.

One of them should be higher up the list but he drops key passes all the time and falls off balance like a little girl when he gets hit!!:rant: But again, I digress.

Please continue to let me know where you have disagreements about my lists. I enjoy the lessons and memory corrections about my team. :icare:And feel free to provide your own "more exellenter" list. Love you guys!:grouphug:...ok. Awkward. On to the list.

TOP TEN RAM TIGHT ENDS OF ALL TIME
  1. Billy Truax '64-'70 shout out to old timers!
  2. Pete Holohan '88-'90 might seem a little high to some, but he was clutch and a productive SOB for Everett. My favorite.
  3. Ernie Conwell '96-'02 injuries cut short some of his years but he was a beast. Another favorite.
  4. Bob Klein '69-76 classic case of not huge numbers but productive in clutch and a blocker.
  5. Troy Drayton '93-'96 not good years for the team but he was talented. We let him bolt to Miami.
  6. Damone Johnson '86-'92 Jim Everett used his tight ends.
  7. Lance Kendricks '11-'15 underrated he works hard. They re-upped him for a reason.
  8. Roland Williams '98-'00 left for the Raiders but was key GSOT tight end for Warner while here.
  9. Jared Cook '13-'15 his production says he should be at #3-4 but he "drops" to #9. :sneaky:
  10. Terry Nelson '73-'80 another key grunt that made some key TDs on some great teams.
Honorable mention: Jeff Robinson, Pat Curran, Charlie Young, Pat Carter and...those long names guys. (n)

Next installment: RUNNING BACK:cheers: oh boy!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This might be the worst position for good players in Rams history. Every other position we can have some truly great players. Not so much for TE.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Billy Truax..havn't thought about him in a while...lol

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I remember when I thought it was all good when Randy McMichael sp? was signed. He seemed to be productive in Miami and he came to STL and was terrible. I feel like TE and MLB has eluded the Rams historically for whatever reason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good god. If Kendricks and Cook are on a top 10 best list it shows how bad that position has been.
Akin to seeing Rich Coady and Craig Dahl on a top 10 DB list

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I remember scoring fantasy football points with Damone Johnson back in the 80s. Holohan was a gamer. Terry Nelson had some of the greatest helmet hair of all time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Assuming Cook is released, I'd like to give Kendricks a good look as the primary receiving TE.

Kendricks had 42 catches for >500yds the year before Cook arrived.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Troy Drayton was a good player, but never reached the potential of being the 39th player selected in his class.

Put me in the group who liked Conwell. Something about these big bruisers that are fun to root for.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
David Hill very unsung tight end great blocker that paved the way for Eric Dickerson on many long runs...Lawrence Taylor stated that Hill was the blocking tight end he faced!
images

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Truax was pretty good, But Conwell will always be my personal favorite!! Truax #2!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In light of our inability to recall any decent tight ends in our history, I thought I'd bump this post.

At this rate, Higbee might be top ten by next year. :sneaky:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Conwell might've been the top TE in the NFC for a year or two.

I imagine if you did a top ten TE list for most other teams, theirs wouldn't look that good either. This wasn't always a glamour position.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Holohan, Drayton and Conwell are are my favorites. Truax was before I remember watching games well enough to even know what a TE was LOL