Tom Brady suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Tom Brady be suspended?

• 2 games

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 4 games

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • 6 games

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 8 games

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • The whole season

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Who are you kidding? He won't be suspended at all

Votes: 47 32.9%

• Total voters

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/09/report-brady-suspension-will-be-announced-next-week/
Report: Brady suspension will be announced next week
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 9, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reportedly decided to suspend Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, with an announcement coming next week and the only remaining question being how many games Brady will miss.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports that several league sources say Goodell considers Brady’s role in Deflategate a serious violation. The question Goodell still needs to answer, according to this report, is how long Brady will be suspended, not if Brady will be suspended.

Goodell reportedly believes that he needs to discipline Brady for two different violations: First, for his involvement in having footballs under-inflated. And secondly, for his refusal to allow the Deflategate investigation to have access to his cell phone records.

Estimates of the length of the suspension have been all over the map, but a suspension of any length would make Brady the highest-profile player ever to receive such a punishment. Brady is the reigning Super Bowl MVP and perhaps the league’s biggest star. And the NFL apparently plans to open the 2015 season without him.

Athos

Legend
The Patroit organization should be severely penalized, to be included in 2 integrity type of investigations is an embarrassment. How about no revenue share for 1 year. No draft picks next year and owner and coach/president suspended for 2 years. Let's start at the head!

KILL IT!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Brady gets 2 games and ball boy gets fired. It isn't going to be any bigger...just enough to keep the townspeople with torches calm.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yeah I'm with those who think he won't be suspended at all.
Of course he should be, but the league has almost 3 months before the start of preseason to make all of this blow over.

Agree with Mack who said the league will probably just send a letter around the league explaining that the next person caught doing this will be punished.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My guess is that Tom Terrific gets a $25K fine and has to write "I will not play with my balls again" on the blackboard 100 times.

Well, he won't be required to write that on the blackboard,,, but I think the league will make him admit to the act. By doing so, they will not suspend him from any real games. If he refuses... he might get a 2 game suspension that gets reduced to 1 after appeal.

…..

Legend
I really don't want to waste another moment of my life thinking about Tommy Boy or the Hatriots.

I don't really care wtf the NFL does, but i do enjoy the fact that yet another incident of ethical impropriety is putting another dent in their fking crown.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Four Games and the Patriots will go 3-1 under Jimmy Garoppolo because when it comes to the New England Patriots there is no justice with the exception of the Giants stopping them from immortality.

----Garret Gilbert might actually get a start..He did get a Super Bowl ring

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
----Garret Gilbert might actually get a start..He did get a Super Bowl ring

No he won't Gilbert was on the practice squad. Barring injury Jimmy Garappolo (who should have been the Rams 2nd round pick in 2014) will get the starts and play well IMHO unfortunately.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
No he won't Gilbert was on the practice squad. Barring injury Jimmy Garappolo (who should have been the Rams 2nd round pick in 2014) will get the starts and play well IMHO unfortunately.

I don't think there is any set rule that says practice squad players don't get rings. I thought that was a team by team decision. The Ravens gave Jamal Lewis a ring and he wasn't even on the team at the time.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goodell : tom, you know i have to punish you. all this attention.
Brady : yes sir. i understand
Goodell : good , good. (hums happy ditty to self) ......consider yourself punished.

fearsomefour

Legend
Considering that Asshole Face got a full year for Bountygate despite not being directly involved....
Sadly, I expect very little. This is the patriots after all.
Listening to a knob like Rich Eisen continue to blow Brady all day on the radio is part of the problem.
Cheating, lying, covering up....THAT is the patriot way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They give out about 150 rings at 6,999 ...

Gilbert signed to a new contract for 2015.He now is one step closer to being a starter..Garappolo might be the real deal,but has done what in the NFL ?? I think he is not a pocket passer,so maybe will put himself in a position to get injured.How big is he ???
You have your opinion on who The Rams draft,but does not mean shit !! In The Rams history book,Garret Gilbert's name will always be imprinted .

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You have your opinion on who The Rams draft,but does not mean crap !! In The Rams history book,Garret Gilbert's name will always be imprinted .

Don't quite understand, but yeah Garrett Gilbert was drafted by the Rams so was Sean Gilbert, but not Gibby or Melissa Sue Gilbert.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't quite understand, but yeah Garrett Gilbert was drafted by the Rams so was Sean Gilbert, but not Gibby or Melissa Sue Gilbert.
Garappolo wasn't.I'm just saying I have a different opinion on The Rams as you.There also is a lot of players I could go back & say they should have drafted that guy.
My point on Garret Gilbert is he was a nice(late rd QB) find by The Rams scouting department.That said let's see what your draft picks should The Rams had drafted this year that they didn't(not Collins either).

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Notice how Judy Battista only compares this to the Falcon's pumping noise & Brown's texting incidents. She makes not mention of how Asshole Face was suspended for a year. I'd argue they're prepping the public for a punishment that's much more aligned with the Falcons/Browns punishments than what the Saints experienced after Bountygate.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Garappolo wasn't.I'm just saying I have a different opinion on The Rams as you.There also is a lot of players I could go back & say they should have drafted that guy.
My point on Garret Gilbert is he was a nice(late rd QB) find by The Rams scouting department.That said let's see what your draft picks should The Rams had drafted this year that they didn't(not Collins either).

Okay I guess my point is IMO, Garappolo will be the starter if Brady is the starter and I just added I felt he would have been a good pick for the Rams last season, but hindsight is 20/20.

IMO, I didn't expect much from Gilbert in college he always seemed to shrink on the big stage and did nothing in preseason to make me feel differently as the Rams wanted him to be the number 3 QB and he lost out to Austin Davis.

Right now he's the number 3 QB on the Pats roster so if there is a suspension and the Patriots don't add anyone else, he's got a shot at making their roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I thought Gilbert was going to beat out Austin Davies,until Bradford got hurt.
What about the 4 QB's in camp ??
I like all the arms.The Rams will have some great 7 on 7 types of workouts.The DB's & WR talent will push each other.

Not to change post,but I think Brady gets suspended for 2games.
4 games would be best,but I think he comes clean.I'm for reduction if he does.He should own it,but as the story goes.If your not trying your not winning.I go back to kickers and footballs in the Dr. Of the football.
--Chargers coach & stickum was another example of the doctoring .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going with four games. Green Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, and the first game against the G-men. And Bobby will find a way to pay him for being the fall guy.