Todd Gurley getting more and more love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend

The Gurley hype train is picking up steam. Word is he's been getting a clean bill of health so if that one red flag is off the table, that was really the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 pick. I could easily see the Rams taking him at 10, he's a beast and Mason seems like more of a rotational/3rd down back, anyway.

It would give Foles an elite running game to lean on and it would be the type of pick that fits Fisher's M.O.

eh. I hope a team moves into the top 10, or a team in the top 10, falls in love with Gurley or hell, even Gordon.

The more players to knock White or Cooper to us, the better.

We don't really need a high draft RB. Gimme David Johnson. If we had a more complete offense I'd say hell yea to Gurley.

jjab360

Legend
Be hard to have an elite running game behind the current Oline. and I doubt they go back to back Oline in the 2nd and 3rd you know fisher will be to tempted to pass on some of the defensive players they have been looking. As much as I would love to have Gurley unless they sign Barks and The ex Guard from ATL (name slips my mind) I just cant see them picking Gurley unless it was in a trade down scenario.
A great running back definitely takes pressure off of the passing game and the O-line in general. Just look at what Marshawn Lynch does for Russell Wilson and that below average Seattle OL. Gurley is that type of RB, a foundation piece.

We can put pieces together on the OL through the rest of the draft and fill in Blalock and Barksdale wherever we don't address rounds 2-7.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A great running back definitely takes pressure off of the passing game and the O-line in general. Just look at what Marshawn Lynch does for Russell Wilson and that below average Seattle OL. Gurley is that type of RB, a foundation piece.

We can put pieces together on the OL through the rest of the draft and fill in Blalock and Barksdale wherever we don't address rounds 2-7.

My thoughts exactly. Just because we may not end up with Scherff, Collins, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings, doesn't mean we can't still put together a good Offensive Line. What if we snag up Cann in the 2nd and either Tomlinson up in the 3rd or Marpet up in the 4th. Resign Barks. That looks like a damn good o-line to me.

LT: Robinson
LG: Saffold
C: Jones/Barnes/Rhaney
RG: Cann
RT: Barksdale

I'll gladly take that.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
My thoughts exactly. Just because we may not end up with Scherff, Collins, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings, doesn't mean we can't still put together a good Offensive Line. What if we snag up Cann in the 2nd and either Tomlinson up in the 3rd or Marpet up in the 4th. Resign Barks. That looks like a damn good o-line to me.

LT: Robinson
LG: Saffold
C: Jones/Barnes/Rhaney
RG: Cann
RT: Barksdale

I'll gladly take that.

But then what happens if an injury strike...because even if that becomes our starting line....where is the depth?....and by depth I mean quality?

We don't just need starters....we need a swing tackle. ..a back up gaurd....just interested in your thoughts on where this comes from?

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But then what happens if an injury strike...because even if that becomes our starting line....where is the depth?....and by depth I mean quality?

We don't just need starters....we need a swing tackle. ..a back up gaurd....just interested in your thoughts on where this comes from?

Well, Tomlinson or Marpet would be our depth at the Guard position and they did sign Garrett Reynolds for Depth at the Tackle spot.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Well, Tomlinson or Marpet would be our depth at the Guard position and they did sign Garrett Reynolds for Depth at the Tackle spot.

So are you comfortable with Garrett Reynolds as depth? Saffold had his torn labrum repaired in January ......did you hear any updates? If I'm not mistaken. ...it usually takes longer than 6 months....would you be comfortable with either one starting in saffolds place to start the season out? I'm sorry...I'm not giving you a hard time....I'm just trying to gauge your thought process.....or see if you have info that I dont......;)

Go Rams......... ;)

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I wouldn't mind if Gurley was the pick, all this trading down logic when someone you covet it there for the taking is nonsense imo.

I honestly feel this is the best RB prospect I can remember watching since #29

jjab360

Legend

The Gurley hype train is picking up steam. Word is he's been getting a clean bill of health so if that one red flag is off the table, that was really the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 pick. I could easily see the Rams taking him at 10, he's a beast and Mason seems like more of a rotational/3rd down back, anyway.

It would give Foles an elite running game to lean on and it would be the type of pick that fits Fisher's M.O.

I%27m_Just_Sayin_Misha.gif

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Love the Gurley Pick, but I wonder if they flog Brockers for OT pick in Rd1