Todd Gurley getting more and more love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
As this draft process continues, it seems like Georgia Running back is getting more and more steam as a potential top 15 selection. I know there are a lot of people who absolutely do not want the Rams taking a RB in the first 2 days of the draft, and I'm not suggesting they do. But Charles Davis and Brian Baldinger have stated that Todd Gurley is the best player in the draft.

The way Fisher drafts, you have to at least acknowledge that it is a possibility.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best player in the draft is an overstatement. But if he were healthy, he'd go in the top 15 easily...possibly the top 10. Very arguably the best HB prospect since Peterson...but we've heard that about a couple others (including Trent Richardson).

That all said, I'm all for Gurley. I'd just prefer a trade down if he's the target.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best player in the draft is an overstatement. But if he were healthy, he'd go in the top 15 easily...possibly the top 10. Very arguably the best HB prospect since Peterson...but we've heard that about a couple others (including Trent Richardson).

That all said, I'm all for Gurley. I'd just prefer a trade down if he's the target.

I agree with all of this. I'm a Gurley fan but don't want him at #10. I wouldn't be mad at the selection, just think we could trade down a few spots and gather more picks for later in the draft.

Gurley does make a ton of sense though. Fisher is obsessed with taking Running backs and while Tre had a decent rookie season, it wasn't jaw-dropping. And his 3.3 YPC vs top 15 defenses leaves a lot to be desired. Sure he's going to be a solid RB at this level, but can he be a guy this team can lean on and jump on his back and he'll carry you to a 10-win season. Not sure if he can.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldn't be shocked if the vikings trade peterson to the cowboys I think they might go Gurly at 9

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would love the Rams to get there hands on Gurley but like others have said trade down is the best option if it could be done and depends on what is available at 10

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I wish our oline was set and all we needed was a rb.

With Jones, Rhaney and Barnes on the books, Blaylock and Bazooka are realistic options at this point. If we could pencil those two into the starting rotation, oline in he 2nd rnd and later could work.

I guess is is possible.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would love the Rams to get there hands on Gurley but like others have said trade down is the best option if it could be done and depends on what is available at 10

Is this some subliminal thinking here? Maybe YOU would love to get YOUR hands on a Girly?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sure hope so! Gurley getting into the top 9 of this draft would sure help the Rams ability to have more trade offers & it would add to the chances of a Cooper.

This site has him around the #12 range....
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/track...acker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:1

This well known site has him at #18.....
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I sure do not have him rated that anywhere close to the top 25, but you have to wonder if the Atlanta Falcons see Gurley as the perfect marriage partner over 34 defense pass rushers Vic Beasley or Randy Gregory?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If his knee is stable and looks good he is in the conversation. Fisher's best teams have a horse in the backfield. Eddie George and Chris Johnson come to mind. I think Gurley could be on that level and with Tre and Benny there would be no rush to get him on the field until he's ready physically and mentally. He's got amazing speed for a guy his size and also has pretty good feet too. I wouldn't be mad at all if he was taken at 10. I see it like Donald last year, he's just that good and will be a terror on our side for years if chosen. A RB can have a great impact with 100-130 touches. He also has KR ability. You could flip Stacy to someone and still have a early depth chart that would be:

Mason
Cunningham
Pead
Gurley
Reynolds
Watts

That would be 2006 Chargers good IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see it happening; but dude is a damn good player.

Memphis Ram

Legend

With the Adrian Peterson situation looming in Minnesota and the Vikings having the #11 selection, I'm just not sure if a trade down is even an option if the Rams really want him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With the Adrian Peterson situation looming in Minnesota and the Vikings having the #11 selection, I'm just not sure if a trade down is even an option if the Rams really want him.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Cowboys traded up to ten with the Rams to get ahead of Minnesota, and they took Gurley? I keep thinking that is a possibility.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they take Gurley in the first I'm not gonna be happy. Would make zero sense to draft a position they are strong and take a guy coming off injury with a premium pick.

Given the depth of the RB position Gurley could slide. I think the hoopla on him is overplayed. Would take Gordon over him straight up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The way Fisher drafts, you have to at least acknowledge that it is a possibility.
True enough, but Snisher could just as easily trade down get an extra pick and then go for say, Karlos William - FSU - 6ft ! - 230 - 4.42 40 time!;)

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If I believed Gurley was the second coming of Eric Dickerson (and I dont) I would still trade down for two OLinemen with THIS team in THIS draft.

jjab360

Legend

The Gurley hype train is picking up steam. Word is he's been getting a clean bill of health so if that one red flag is off the table, that was really the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 pick. I could easily see the Rams taking him at 10, he's a beast and Mason seems like more of a rotational/3rd down back, anyway.

It would give Foles an elite running game to lean on and it would be the type of pick that fits Fisher's M.O.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

The Gurley hype train is picking up steam. Word is he's been getting a clean bill of health so if that one red flag is off the table, that was really the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 pick. I could easily see the Rams taking him at 10, he's a beast and Mason seems like more of a rotational/3rd down back, anyway.

It would give Foles an elite running game to lean on and it would be the type of pick that fits Fisher's M.O.

Be hard to have an elite running game behind the current Oline. and I doubt they go back to back Oline in the 2nd and 3rd you know fisher will be to tempted to pass on some of the defensive players they have been looking. As much as I would love to have Gurley unless they sign Barks and The ex Guard from ATL (name slips my mind) I just cant see them picking Gurley unless it was in a trade down scenario.