This dead period is killing me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Chillax my fellow Ram junkie! TC is in a few weeks then on to the glorious preseason. It'll get here, bro. Preseason will be great fun with the depth of this team. Hang in there, man!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This offseason is flying faster than previous for me. My Spurs going deep into the playoffs, and the World Cup (it's still soccer, but it's better than nothing).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually this time of year I enjoy. We always take ten days vacation in July and travel, but don't you worry I will still be dialed in. It's a great time of year to embrace the family take in the fine weather and enjoy a few extra Maker's Mark Old Fashions and the fruits of your labor.

Then when training camp begins it's all hands on deck as well preparing for other things football related (Fantasy) and look forward to the camp reports and pre-season football and talking about how Austin Franklin is a diamond in the rough.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
To me the dead period ends when the first real game plays. I've suffered too many straight years of speculative hype only to be met w the kind of disappointment that makes me regret the hours I dreamt of our return to glory. When I read how our coaching staff is worst in the league, our talent is bottom tier, only one player is top 100, and how the Hawks and Niners are invincible--my blood boils knowing it won't see vindication for months. These boards feed my addiction and pass the time but are double edged swords.

I want the kind of off seasons we enjoyed during the GSOT when the media hyped all things Rams. Then I only longed for games but with a secret smile.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I want the kind of off seasons we enjoyed during the GSOT when the media hyped all things Rams. Then I only longed for games but with a secret smile.
MGWaWYq.jpg

MrMotes

Starter

I remember a Sports Center in 2001 where Chris Berman said, "let's face it, it's the Rams and then everyone else."

Good times...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I remember a Sports Center in 2001 where Chris Berman said, "let's face it, it's the Rams and then everyone else."

Good times...
Oh My Sweet .....!

Berman the 9er honk who has NEVER bet the Rams over anyone good said that? It means we were 100 times better than anyone in the league. Well, we were but not better than the refs and post 911 need to favor an inferior team because of their name and colors. Pro scouts were unanimous that the Pat tactics were waaaaayy outside the box and it wasn't for a couple more years the league relented that such tactics should be eliminated. Coincidentally, Brady became a top level passer.

Sorry, do I still sound bitter?

2001 Rams were the greatest squad in the history of the game. Alas, few will ever know it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I can wait--- because I have no fear for the 'run game'.....I really believe we will ram it down some throats....the first time since 1988 or 2006 depending on opinions (on a consistent play by play basis).

To me it ain't football if you can't run...ya, ya, ya I'd rather watch the offense of the 1989 rams than the 1999....I dig the run and pass mix.

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can wait--- because I have no fear for the 'run game'.....I really believe we will ram it down some throats....the first time since 1988 or 2006 depending on opinions (on a consistent play by play basis).

To me it ain't football if you can't run...ya, ya, ya I'd rather watch the offense of the 1989 rams than the 1999....I dig the run and pass mix.

Off topic but, I went to high school with a Steve Brown. You have to be him, right? I mean, how many Steve Brown's can there be in the world?

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Off topic but, I went to high school with a Steve Brown. You have to be him, right? I mean, how many Steve Brown's can there be in the world?
I doubt it, Jack Youngblood was my hero...so, I would know you! Anyway I was in chicago growing up...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just recorded the National championship game.Get to watch 3 out the 4 Rams top draft picks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Fun will Start, for me , with the 1st Training Camp report from CoachO!!:D

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
You should post more in regular discussions. It'll be a reminder that you're not an RSS machine.

HE'S NOT A MACHINE! HE'S A MAN!

rocky4listen.JPG

I know RamBill from another site, he is a great poster and has great opinions.