This came up like 2 weeks ago but.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No way I would bring in RG3 to this Ram team. Rams new QB needs to be a extra heavy duty built like Greg Robinson & throws rockets like Sam Bradford know of any?

Sam Bradford even with that injured shoulder coming out of college was a better built NFL QB than RG3 ever was. Bad thing for Sam was the Rams sorry OL that has taken it toll on Sam's body, but for whatever reason failed to field on a constant basis a decent OL so Sam could be successful.

It would be wrong to say that Snead & Fisher did not give it a good try to purchase a Veteran OL with the big Jake Long & Scott Wells signings along with the Davin Joseph sign. It's just they couldn't catch a break in this area. Early 2012 Ram roster before Snead & Fisher was just about as sad an an NFL team ever! Rams truly have came a long way since then.

I do have some issues with the overall lack of effort in drafting & bringing in good young talent offensive linemen. Snead & Fisher have had 13 first & second day draft selections ( five 1st rders, four 2nd rders & four 3rd rders) where Fisher only used one of those 13 high selections for an offensive linemen.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
No. We'd be right back in the same boat we were in this year, wishing and hoping for durability that may never come.

moklerman

Warner-phile
No, to bringing RGIII to the Rams at all.

Hell no, to trading a 1st for him.

But, in RGIII's defense and to my bewilderment, I have no idea what the Redskins were thinking when they brought in Gruden if they intended to actually resurrect RGIII's career. Same sort of thing that happened to Vick. Personally, I'd never take on that task with that style of QB play but if that's your guy and much of his success is based on the threat of him running, why in the world would you bring in a pro-style system that keeps your QB in the pocket?

I'm not entirely sure what system would be best for RGIII but I imagine a Chip Kelly style that is more fast-paced and takes advantage of matchups might work better for RGIII's skillset. Of course, nothing works well when the QB gets hurt without getting hit. Thank goodness Rams fans don't have to deal with anything like that. Oh wait...

And, on the rare occasion that I comment about RGIII I can't help re-posting this clever image someone came up with(and it's Rams related):
image.jpg

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam with this gripe:
I do have some issues with the overall lack of effort in drafting & bringing in good young talent offensive linemen. Snead & Fisher have had 13 first & second day draft selections ( five 1st rders, four 2nd rders & four 3rd rders) where Fisher only used one of those 13 high selections for an offensive linemen.
I really hated both the Pead and Mason picks. At least they did a pretty good job on the WR, TE, D-line and CB areas.

What is really puzzling to me is the complete (so far) collapse of Wells as a former PB OC. Are the Rams an elephants graveyard where O-line players like Jacob Bell, Davin Joseph and Scott Wells come to die (career wise)?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I really hated both the Pead and Mason picks. At least they did a pretty good job on the WR, TE, D-line and CB areas.

What is really puzzling to me is the complete (so far) collapse of Wells as a former PB OC. Are the Rams an elephants graveyard where O-line players like Jacob Bell, Davin Joseph and Scott Wells come to die (career wise)?

Don't forget Jason Brown, who was actually one of the better linemen in 2009 when he signed with us from the Ravens. Then his career just flat-lined after that.

I don't hate the Mason pick. The kid needs to work on his pass-blocking, sure, but we haven't seen what he can do on kick returns, he's the youngest guy on our team (wasn't even old enough to legally drink when we drafted him), and I believe he'll work his way into more playing time.

As for your question, I'd have to counter with Jake Long and Joe Barksdale.

Alan

Legend
Memento in the same vein:
Don't forget Jason Brown, who was actually one of the better linemen in 2009 when he signed with us from the Ravens. Then his career just flat-lined after that.

I don't hate the Mason pick. The kid needs to work on his pass-blocking, sure, but we haven't seen what he can do on kick returns, he's the youngest guy on our team (wasn't even old enough to legally drink when we drafted him), and I believe he'll work his way into more playing time.

As for your question, I'd have to counter with Jake Long and Joe Barksdale.
Great addition of Jason Brown, although I wish you hadn't reminded me. :( :LOL:

It's not the player I hated , it's the use of a high pick on a RB when we had so many other needs. I hope you're correct about his long term prospects but RB isn't usually a position that requires years of experience/coaching up to excel. That and the fact that we knew he couldn't pass block before we drafted him. How would a 3rd round OLB or O-line player look right now? Of course I say that not knowing if there was anything good to be had at that point but my main point remains the same.

I'm not sure I'd counter with Jake Long. Prior to this year he was effective when healthy but then how often was he healthy? As for this year, he's been a negative so far hasn't he? Barksdale seems to be our only success so far and its ironic that he wasn't really expected to do much and the players we counted on have been disasters for the most part. :palm:

BTW, like Bonifay, I'm only really complaining about the Rams lack of effort in the draft when it comes to the O-line. That and noticing how snakebit this organization is when it comes to O-line players obtained in FA and with the injuries there. :cry:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Alan, reference your statement as to what OL'ers who may have been good instead? RB Tre Mason was drafted 3rd@ #75 yet to dress while a UDFA Watts is playing. Guess I would have preferred the Ram Org. to have selected another OL'er in place of a RB.

I could name two OL'ers who I was interested in & were drafted after Mason, who I would have been very happy with....3rd #81 Gabe Jackson & 3rd #92 Trai Turner both of these rookies OG's are starters in the NFL in the same position as Davin Joseph is currently at.