49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahaha! Love it.

That would be a big loss to their offense.

For some reason, however, it feels to me they’ll work something out and he’ll stay with the 9’ers. This has the look of modern day negotiating tactics.
Don't be so negative!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I just remember all the drama with Dweebo. Its looking very similar with Aiyuk. Until they actually trade him or he sits out a full year I'm going to assume he'll get his payday with the 49ers. I just hope they play hardball with him to the point where it becomes untenable for him the stay with the team.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I'm hoping the team totally caves in on his contract demands, that it wrecks team greed-chemistry, and that it destroys their cap planning.
But that's just me.

dang

Legend
I'm hoping the team totally caves in on his contract demands, that it wrecks team greed-chemistry, and that it destroys their cap planning.
But that's just me.
69ers have had the most talented roster in the NFL the past 2-3 years yet somehow Ratboy can’t get them to compose themselves enough to get the big cheese for him.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
69ers have had the most talented roster in the NFL the past 2-3 years yet somehow Ratboy can’t get them to compose themselves enough to get the big cheese for him.
Yep. Shanny is the failsafe...even if they get everything else right they're stuck with a coach that can't clinch the big one.

TexasRam

Legend
I met another Niner fan at the gym.

These poopstains are propagating at concerning rates and spreading their stench to states they have no business residing in -- like the great state of Texas. :emergency::crap::bird::bird:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Try living in a town where you see all kinds of 49er flags flying on homes and cars. Then when the annual choke job comes they all disappear till next season. I proudly wear my Rams shirts and hats wherever I go. My golf bag is a LA Rams bag.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Try living in a town where you see all kinds of 49er flags flying on homes and cars. Then when the annual choke job comes they all disappear till next season. I proudly wear my Rams shirts and hats wherever I go. My golf bag is a LA Rams bag.
Sounds like Northern Nevada

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
duct tape and a sharpie
Too funny. I actually thought about having my artist wife figure out a way to do it but she thought since we all had such a great time at the Thordaddy memorial with yawlz and my sons and dad, it would be wrong to do it. I kinda have to agree.

That weekend was so great, I don't think I've ever had such a great time at a game.

The Tampa game was close because of spending more time with you, @Selassie I , and Cammy but that weekend in the Lou was special for my sons, my dad and myself.

That was also a celebration of my dad's 80th and you guys made it so special for all of us.

Too bad @Selassie I and his son T had to leave before we went to dinner at the Broadway Oyster Bar with you and @VegasRam . What a great trip

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sounds like Stockton. I wear Rams gear anytime I am not working. I see a few whiner fans wearing gear, but their flags all disappeared the day after the super bowl.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Too funny. I actually thought about having my artist wife figure out a way to do it but she thought since we all had such a great time at the Thordaddy memorial with yawlz and my sons and dad, it would be wrong to do it. I kinda have to agree.

That weekend was so great, I don't think I've ever had such a great time at a game.

The Tampa game was close because of spending more time with you, @Selassie I , and Cammy but that weekend in the Lou was special for my sons, my dad and myself.

That was also a celebration of my dad's 80th and you guys made it so special for all of us.

Too bad @Selassie I and his son T had to leave before we went to dinner at the Broadway Oyster Bar with you and @VegasRam . What a great trip
That game/weekend was flat amazing.
2015 right - we’re coming up on 9 years?

Anyway - fantastic dinner and I give you the credit cuz you researched it all day and came up aces.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

LOL, because it's not necessarily the best roster that wins, but the team that is playing the best at the right time, and/or making the right plays in critical moments when it counts. You know, like Aaron Donald on the 2021 -2022 Rams Super Bowl Championship team.

Although arguably the Rams had the best roster that season. Then it falls on coaching. LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Will 49ers trade Brandon Aiyuk this week?​

The chatter has subsided, for the most part, regarding the 49ers and receiver Brandon Aiyuk. If a trade is going to happen, it presumably will happen this week, so that the 49ers will get one or more 2024 draft picks in return.

Last weekend, Aiyuk’s agent took issue with a report that Aiyuk has requested a trade. The truth, however, is more along the lines of Aiyuk getting clearance to see whether someone would be willing to do a deal with the 49ers, which necessarily would entail someone doing a deal for Aiyuk. That could help the 49ers, if the financial offer another team might make to Aiyuk isn’t dramatically better than whatever the 49ers are willing to pay.

Earlier in the offseason, the 49ers rejected at least one overture regarding Aiyuk. Now, with the draft just four days away, it’s possible something will happen.

From San Francisco’s perspective, the smart move would be to keep quiet, if a trade is being contemplated. The goal should be to do the deal when the pick they’d be acquiring is on the clock, like the Titans did in 2022 when they traded receiver A.J. Brown and acquired Philadelphia’s first-round pick. The timing prevents the 49ers from being leapfrogged by a team that might guess right as to the player the 49ers would be taking, if they get the pick before it’s time for the pick to be used.

The better approach would be to find a way to work things out with Aiyuk. They traded up in round one to get him in 2020. He was a second-team All-Pro in 2023. He was a winning lottery ticket. Swapping him for a new lottery ticket makes little sense, since there’s a good chance the new lottery ticket won’t be a winner.

The challenge becomes setting the right value for Aiyuk on a long-term deal. Due to make $14.12 million under his fifth-year option, it’s unclear what Aiyuk wants.

If someone else is willing to give him what he wants (or something close to it) and to give the 49ers a significant draft pick in return, maybe the 49ers should revisit the value they’ve attached to him.

The problem for the 49ers is that they’ve created a precedent by paying receiver Deebo Samuel and defensive end Nick Bosa. They might feel compelled to take a hard line with Aiyuk, especially with quarterback Brock Purdy one regular-season away from a potentially dramatic raise.

Regardless, a potential Aiyuk trade is on the radar screen. If the 49ers play it right, we won’t know it’s happening until it happens. And it shouldn’t happen unless the 49ers can immediately select whoever they want with the next pick, avoiding any possibility of someone else thinking, for example, “Well, they must want a receiver so let’s try to cut the line.”

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Will 49ers trade Brandon Aiyuk this week?​

The chatter has subsided, for the most part, regarding the 49ers and receiver Brandon Aiyuk. If a trade is going to happen, it presumably will happen this week, so that the 49ers will get one or more 2024 draft picks in return.

Last weekend, Aiyuk’s agent took issue with a report that Aiyuk has requested a trade. The truth, however, is more along the lines of Aiyuk getting clearance to see whether someone would be willing to do a deal with the 49ers, which necessarily would entail someone doing a deal for Aiyuk. That could help the 49ers, if the financial offer another team might make to Aiyuk isn’t dramatically better than whatever the 49ers are willing to pay.

Earlier in the offseason, the 49ers rejected at least one overture regarding Aiyuk. Now, with the draft just four days away, it’s possible something will happen.

From San Francisco’s perspective, the smart move would be to keep quiet, if a trade is being contemplated. The goal should be to do the deal when the pick they’d be acquiring is on the clock, like the Titans did in 2022 when they traded receiver A.J. Brown and acquired Philadelphia’s first-round pick. The timing prevents the 49ers from being leapfrogged by a team that might guess right as to the player the 49ers would be taking, if they get the pick before it’s time for the pick to be used.

The better approach would be to find a way to work things out with Aiyuk. They traded up in round one to get him in 2020. He was a second-team All-Pro in 2023. He was a winning lottery ticket. Swapping him for a new lottery ticket makes little sense, since there’s a good chance the new lottery ticket won’t be a winner.

The challenge becomes setting the right value for Aiyuk on a long-term deal. Due to make $14.12 million under his fifth-year option, it’s unclear what Aiyuk wants.

If someone else is willing to give him what he wants (or something close to it) and to give the 49ers a significant draft pick in return, maybe the 49ers should revisit the value they’ve attached to him.

The problem for the 49ers is that they’ve created a precedent by paying receiver Deebo Samuel and defensive end Nick Bosa. They might feel compelled to take a hard line with Aiyuk, especially with quarterback Brock Purdy one regular-season away from a potentially dramatic raise.

Regardless, a potential Aiyuk trade is on the radar screen. If the 49ers play it right, we won’t know it’s happening until it happens. And it shouldn’t happen unless the 49ers can immediately select whoever they want with the next pick, avoiding any possibility of someone else thinking, for example, “Well, they must want a receiver so let’s try to cut the line.”
IMO, ayuck is overrated when viewed against the WRs throughout the league.
Having said that, it would be a mistake to pay dweebo only to let ayuck walk unless they end up drafting another legit WR who can start and produce.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO, ayuck is overrated when viewed against the WRs throughout the league.
Having said that, it would be a mistake to pay dweebo only to let ayuck walk unless they end up drafting another legit WR who can start and produce.
If they traded Aiyuk it would have to be to a team with cap space, and since he needs to be paid, I don’t think they could get a first round pick for him. LaJerious Snead was traded for a third round pick. It’s harder to find top corners now than it is to find top receivers.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If they traded Aiyuk it would have to be to a team with cap space, and since he needs to be paid, I don’t think they could get a first round pick for him. LaJerious Snead was traded for a third round pick. It’s harder to find top corners now than it is to find top receivers.
What a lovely thought.