49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I would have to blow up my TV if the cheatriots played the whiners in the superbowl.

But my hate for the cheatriots has lessened a little bit since crybrady doesn't play for them anymore.
It’s where I root for a giant meteor to hit the stadium. I have a few a year…..2x seachickens vs 9ers……17x pretty much anyone versus the cowboys….

Giant Meteor games……feel the burn

dang

Legend
Lol, 49er fans bashing Cowherd for telling the truth. They also bashed Nick Wright for saying 49ers should trade Purdy to Chicago for the first pick and draft Caleb Williams. Now they're claiming Williams will be a bust. In reality Chicago would never make that trade unless the 49ers threw in more than Purdy.

If they're ever gonna win a championship this is probably their last shot. And as thin as they are when they get past the all pros, a couple key injuries and it will all come crumbling down this year. When they have to make hard decisions in order to pay Purdy, I have a feeling we're gonna see Jimmy Garoppolo Part II with Purdy. In a couple years their fans will be wanting him gone too.

Meanwhile, we have a legit Superbowl caliber quarterback for the next 3 years. Their tears will be so delicious when we win another while they sit at home with a 50 million dollar JAG for their quarterback.
Plus they have the NFL “gag queen” of all time in Ratboy!! Even his Mom is questioning his fortitude at this point.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I was happy to read that it looks like Aiyuk might not be back. He wants to get paid but the whiners are short on cash. Of course they could backload his contract but if they don't win it all this coming season, they are toast. I think they owe Bosa a King's ransom in 2026 and some others also have backloaded contracts, plus Purdy will command 50 million per season in 2026 based on his stats from this past season.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
A lot of teams are asking about trading for Deebo Samuel. Apparently the Niners have been shopping him.

Also, the Jags are trying to acquire Aiyuk in a trade.
They are both good players, but overrated. They won’t be the same outside of the 9er offense.

deebo is not a true WR. He’s a guy who needs to get the ball in space and is tough to deal with once he gets going. The 9ers are very creative in taking advantage of his skillset.

ayuck is a decent #2 WR but seriously, there are so many good WRs in the league. If Kupp was his old self, ayuck would be fighting Robinson for playing time in the Rams offense. He’s not starting over Nacua and a healthy Kupp. That’s for damn sure

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They are both good players, but overrated. They won’t be the same outside of the 9er offense.

deebo is not a true WR. He’s a guy who needs to get the ball in space and is tough to deal with once he gets going. The 9ers are very creative in taking advantage of his skillset.

ayuck is a decent #2 WR but seriously, there are so many good WRs in the league. If Kupp was his old self, ayuck would be fighting Robinson for playing time in the Rams offense. He’s not starting over Nacua and a healthy Kupp. That’s for damn sure
Some analysts think Aiyuk is a number one. He is an excellent route runner. That skill plays in an any system.

I agree with you about Deebo. He’d need to be utilized the right way, to take advantage of what he does well. I think we’ve seen a bit of decline in his game too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Some analysts think Aiyuk is a number one. He is an excellent route runner. That skill plays in an any system.

I agree with you about Deebo. He’d need to be utilized the right way, to take advantage of what he does well. I think we’ve seen a bit of decline in his game too.

Deebo doesn’t have the heart to be great.He is tough & better(bigger) than Tavon Austin was.He’s a gimmic player & not the true WR Aiyuk is.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was happy to read that it looks like Aiyuk might not be back. He wants to get paid but the whiners are short on cash. Of course they could backload his contract but if they don't win it all this coming season, they are toast. I think they owe Bosa a King's ransom in 2026 and some others also have backloaded contracts, plus Purdy will command 50 million per season in 2026 based on his stats from this past season.
2024 is their last shot in my opinion. Both OTC and Spotrac have them 30 plus million over the cap in 2025. They need Deebo and Aiyuk both to make a run at it. Deebo helps Purdy because he doesn't need to be all that accurate throwing near the line of scrimmage. Aiyuk gives him the legit route runner futher downfield. Although the deeper sideline passes are a weakness for Purdy.

I think they will finagle the numbers enough to sign Aiyuk. They still have the best overall roster in the NFC with him. But they will be thin on depth. McCaffrey's reaching the age where heavily used running backs tend to wear down. Deebo's already showing signs. Kittle will be 31. The offensive line was an issue aside from Trent Williams. And he gets dinged up a lot at his age. If their skill players get hurt or start declining Purdy is not the kind of quarterback to carry a team.

My hope is that they stay healthy enough to make him look good but fall short of winning it all again. Then they sign him to a 50 million dollar deal and have to make major cuts next year. Without the talent around him they will find out he was nothing more than fool's gold and will be mired in salary cap hell with a JAG quarterback for years. :devil:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
NFL Network replaying SB54...

Watching the Niners choke away their 10 pt lead in the 4Q with my morning coffee.

Life is fucking good.

Relaxed Beautiful Day GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wouldn't put too much into that. Didn't Deebo do that? I have a feeling while he might lead people to believe he wants out, in the end they offer him a deal he won't refuse.

I did notice some Bay Area pundits are thinking the cap issues might force them to trade George Kittle. And a few teams showed interest in Deebo Samuel. I doubt Deebo will be playing up the level of his salary. If Kittle slows down he might be a trade candidate before the deadline.

Deebo's cap hit is over 28 million according the Spotrac. Kittle's ain't so bad at 12 million. But it goes up to 21 mil the following year. The dead cap gets confusing when a trade is involved. Kittle's dead cap number is 30 mil this year and 20 mil the following year.

I'm thinking they need Aiyuk if they want to chase a ring one last time. He's the one guy who can run a good route and make the catch. With their cap situation this is probably the last shot at a championship. They're likely gonna be making some difficult decisions and unpopular cuts. They will have to pay Purdy next year.

I feel like they are in the same situation Dallas was with Prescott. The quarterback is good, but not elite. But they will have to pay him elite money. When the skill level talent declines I have a feeling Purdy will be exposed for who he really is. A game manager who doesn't have the top level arm to be elite. Jimmy Garoppolo Part II.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Sure, he could be a #1 WR on some teams (like the 9ers) but there are many teams with a better option at #1, including the Rams, vikes, cowboys, eagles, lions, bucs, phins, bengals, just to name a few. Heck, he might even be fighting for the #2 on a few of those teams.

dang

Legend

Dweebo is such an emotional cripple I’m not sure the 69ers can put too much on him anymore.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Sure, he could be a #1 WR on some teams (like the 9ers) but there are many teams with a better option at #1, including the Rams, vikes, cowboys, eagles, lions, bucs, phins, bengals, just to name a few.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shitters will draft Malachi Corley. Bank it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hahaha! Love it.

That would be a big loss to their offense.

For some reason, however, it feels to me they’ll work something out and he’ll stay with the 9’ers. This has the look of modern day negotiating tactics.