The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might be the only American that doesn't like Dempsy.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I might be the only American that doesn't like Dempsy.

You're not alone he gets a lot of hate. Why don't you like him? As a Sounders fan I'll admit I'm biased and I'm a fan of his. From the 20 mins I caught of the game today he looked like he was all by himself out there.

Anyways tough loss today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're not alone he gets a lot of hate. Why don't you like him? As a Sounders fan I'll admit I'm biased and I'm a fan of his. From the 20 mins I caught of the game today he looked like he was all by himself out there.

Anyways tough loss today.

That's the problem I have with him. In his mind he's all out there by himself, he doesn't work with anybody it's all about him. Late in the match he had a perfect opportunity to pass behind him to Pulisic who was wide open for a nice shot on goal. What does Dempsey do? Spins with the ball and practically trips over the kid turning the ball over. He used to be a very good player it just seems now to me not being a Sounder fan he's selfish.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn
Never thought Vardy was Wenger's sort of player but heck....
There's been a lot of talk about that very subject. Arsenal right now are such a ball control team it doesn't seem a fit but when Wenger first came to Arsenal they were a strong counter team he just changed philosophy as his personnel changed.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
That's the problem I have with him. In his mind he's all out there by himself, he doesn't work with anybody it's all about him. Late in the match he had a perfect opportunity to pass behind him to Pulisic who was wide open for a nice shot on goal. What does Dempsey do? Spins with the ball and practically trips over the kid turning the ball over. He used to be a very good player it just seems now to me not being a Sounder fan he's selfish.

Can't argue that. But I mean everyone does that every so often. Especially 2 down in a big game you should at least be competitive in.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Vardy to Aresnal would be weird, hope he choices to stay at LC.

ESPN is trying to start rumors that United is going to be in play for Zlatan and Messi. Never going to happen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...wants-sign-Arsenal-admits-Olivier-Giroud.html

'I have been told that Jamie wants to join us and it's very good news for us,' Giroud told Sky Sports after scoring twice in France's 3-0 win over Scotland on Saturday night.

'I think we can be complementary and that's all I can say. He's a fantastic player, so it's good news for us.'

Asked whether Arsene Wenger would abandon his 4-2-3-1 formation for a new system to accommodate him and Vardy, Giroud answered: 'Obviously four-four-two.'

He added: 'As I said in the past I am happy with competition. We have always had fantastic strikers at Arsenal and I want the best for this club. Hopefully he is going to help us win this title.

'The boss wanted to sign at least one or two strikers, so I expected a top striker and I think it will benefit the club and hopefully he is going to score a lot of goals like he did at Leicester.'

More confirmation that Vardy is on his way to the Emarites. When the guy who would take most of his pitch time away talks about it and is on board with it then this looks like something they've been working on and talking about for a long while. I also heard Wilshire was one of the guys who worked the hardest to convince Vardy to sign.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Euro Cup odds ...
ladbrokes.png

France 16/5
Germany 9/2
Spain 5
England 8
Belgium 10
Italy 16
Portugal 18
Croatia 25
Austria 40
Poland 40
Switzerland 50
Russia 66
Turkey 66
Wales 80
Ukraine 80

Sweden 100
Czech Republic 100
Slovakia 150
Rep of Ireland 150

Iceland 150
Romania 150
Hungary 250
N Ireland 300
Albania 250

I'll be supporting the Welsh -- haven't got a hope but as a Forest fan they have Vaughn and Gunners Ramsey who was on loan at Forest for a while.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Pretty good first game. Fucking screamer from Payet to win it at the end. Looking forward to the rest of the tourney now.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolute disaster he smashed that in, we'll have no chance of keeping him now!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting the day of matches off to an early start! Albania vs Switzerland while making some breakfast :D

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Euro 2016 drinking game is in full flow today. Few of us watching all three games and getting fired into the Scotch.