The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Agree to disagree fellow Ram Bros!!

Every single person in that building is measured by W-L and under heavy pressure to get this team to win consistently.

Donald impacts that measure more
Than any player on defense.

Definition of leverage for English Language Learners:
To use (something valuable) to achieve a desired result.

Is Donald of valuable to the Rams?

Yes.

Is he using that Value to achieve a result?

Yes.

How much leverage he has is perhaps the more accurate question.

The answer of how much we will soon find out.

I hear ya, but there's more to it then even that. For example, let's say they predict bringing Donald back tallies at least two more wins this year. Say in order to get him, they cave and give him a couple million per year more.

Now, let's also say that because they did this, we had to lose an Alec Ogletree. Does Donald's demands still mean we're better off? I don't think so. We have to do what's best for the team. If that means holding out to give Donald only 20M per, when he wants 22M per. So be it, if it means we can lock down another key player or two with the difference.

We'll have to agree to disagree though brother. Let's just hope AD gets back soon.

:cheers:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agree to disagree fellow Ram Bros!!

Every single person in that building is measured by W-L and under heavy pressure to get this team to win consistently.

Donald impacts that measure more
Than any player on defense.

Yes.

Yes.

The answer of how much we will soon find out.

Phillips doesn't put a lot of value into DEs. He may think differently once Donald is on the field but he has always done well with his bread and butter....OLBs and DBs as his primary defenders. DEs, DTs and MLBs are players that Denver didn't invest big contracts in. Edge rushers and corners are.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phillips doesn't put a lot of value into DEs. He may think differently once Donald is on the field but he has always done well with his bread and butter....OLBs and DBs as his primary defenders. DEs, DTs and MLBs are players that Denver didn't invest big contracts in. Edge rushers and corners are.

yeah but ad is like an edge rusher on the inside. something all qbs hate seeing coming towards them.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yes.

Yes.

Nothing you said is wrong, but ... who has the money that Aaron wants? The Rams.

They hold his rights. Donald only gets his money by showing up and playing.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is also something I've been thinking about. I'm not too worried about Donald's absence. This defense isn't as predicated on the Dline as Williams defense. Just hope Quinn and Barwin have pro bowl years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I've seen said needs correcting or clarifying. He cannot sit out the next two years and become a free agent. He had to play at least 6 games to count the contract year. If he sits out this entire year it doesn't help him he'll still be under contract for two more years. At the end of which the Rams can franchise him for three years. If the franchise him three years it's still likely cheaper than what we're offering him now so the Rams save more money. These facts eat away at AD's leverage.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
He'll report back on Friday. Hopefully with a new deal.

Nothing official, just speculation. He wants to avoid the injury bug as well.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
He'll report back on Friday. Hopefully with a new deal.

Nothing official, just speculation. He wants to avoid the injury bug as well.

Why are you thinking this? I mean I think that would be awesome but why do you think he would come back Friday.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Why are you thinking this? I mean I think that would be awesome but why do you think he would come back Friday.

So that he can be ready for game one, of course.

My guess is his contract extension is announced Thursday night before kickoff with a national audience.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So he is secluding himself from the organization indefinitely?. He could of just reported and trained at the Rams facility, yes?

Sure - but then he wouldn't be holding out.

Holding out doesn't mean you stop training.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he is secluding himself from the organization indefinitely?. He could of just reported and trained at the Rams facility, yes?
He's always trained at Pitt in the offseasons and what not I believe. I don't think it's anything new. Not sure why it's being reported.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Sure - but then he wouldn't be holding out.

Holding out doesn't mean you stop training.
I guess the point I am trying to make is that attitude is no good. And if we do sign him to a ridiculous deal is he going to want his own dressing room to seclude himself from the team?