The NFL needs to Can Bellicheat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Does the NFL need to axe bellicheat?

• yes

Votes: 62 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • other (give reason)

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL would never ban him. They won't even suspend him. They'll just keep fining him and the team. Maybe take away another pick. The 31st or 32nd pick. Won't hurt them and they'll keep finding more ways to cheat.
This is kind of what I think will happen.

It's going to be very hard to connect Bellichick to the act. Very hard.

Guessing that taking care of the footballs is given to some low level equipment kid. What are they going to do, put him under oath and make him testify against Bellichick (and the organization) that he was commanded to let some of the air out? Good luck with tat.

These guys are smart... they step right up to the line, look over, determine if they can get caught and tip toe over it.

Don't like it at all... but nothing much will come of it. Certainly no significant actions for the team or Bellichick.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Remember tom terrific's dramatic response to the ALLEGED ball deflations after the game?

He said it was "ridiculous".

He knew better than anyone else that the allegation was totally true. He's been lying since 2000... it ain't gonna stop now.
Yeah, and the media and everyone will still be washing his balls the next ten days like he's some sort of saint or something. Makes me want to puke.

cracengl

Rookie
My point is why do people keep pointing fingers at the Pats? I dont think theyre doing anything that other teams arent doing themselves. Its just that they keep winning that people blow the whistle

My thing is all the people excusing the behavior by saying it doesn't really help them. So then why waste your time doing it? I feel like they'd have won regardless--regardless of deflated balls (that sounds funny), videotaping, etc. But yet for some idiotic reason they still do it. So if you are successful and people are looking to rag on you for any little thing, then why risk it all for something that doesn't really help you anyway? Is it just to prove that you can DNA rifle smack the league and get away with it?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Tar, feather and run out of town on a rail wasn't on your list so I went other.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
To me they need to start taking away draft picks and suspending people for a year, instead of these silly fines that don't even tickle their bank account. The way they did with the Saints coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wasn't there also some controversy last year about the patriots using the on-field headsets to communicate to Tom Brady just before the snap? The headsets are supposed to be turned off something like 20 seconds before the play clock ends, but there was some suspicion they were still using it, but on another secret channel. If THIS is true, this is by far the most egregious offense.
No matter what, I don't believe a word out of Tom's or Bill's mouths anymore. There should be BOOS raining on the field in AZ next Sunday when the Pats take the field.

This was a much bigger scam than the NFL ever wanted anyone to know about. This is akin to the RainMan counting cards. The name to know in the cheating is Ernie Adams. The Patriots employ him with a BS title. He is a long time Belicheck friend. He has a real Photographic memory. He study's the defenses and the calls and he was able to tell exactly what the opponents defense was setting up for down to the last 5 seconds of play clock. That is when Brady would receive final instruction as to what to do.

Ernie Adams is the reason for Spygate. Belicheck wanted to have an easier at to make use of his friends unique tools. So they pfilmed signals so Ernie could memorize them. Then when Spygate was busted they had to do it the hard way, only it was less effective. So they came up with the radio wavelength scam.

1. This is why I will never give Tom Brady credit for being the greatest QB of all time, or even one of the greats.

2. Everyone in football knows who Ernie Adams is, even Goodell and he knows how they use his skillset to cheat. But the radiogate was downplayed along with Spygate. We never heard about the Adams part of it.

3. Belicheck doesn't care if he gets caught because he knows the NFL wont expose him. kraft and Brady don't care either because they are all getting richer because of it. They are fleecing NFL fans.

Google Ernie Adams

bluecoconuts

Legend
Even some Colts players are saying its not a big deal. They won by 38, deflated or inflated doesn't matter at this point. I strongly dislike the team, but no he shouldn't be banned. The Panthers kicker also had problems with delfated balls in these playoffs, and that was at home. They certainty weren't playing the Patriots then.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think it would be awesome if, in the event that the Patriots get a slap on the wrist again, that major sponsors start pulling out. Katy Perry drops her act because she doesn't like cheaters. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Please League stop oral sexing the Patriots!!!!!!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
To play devil's advocate, maybe he is a target BECAUSE he wins so much and its more of a jealousy thing.
I mean, would anyone care if the Bears were accused of the same thing?
Yup it's jealousy that made the refs say hmm somthins up here

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
My point is why do people keep pointing fingers at the Pats? I dont think theyre doing anything that other teams arent doing themselves. Its just that they keep winning that people blow the whistle
That's usually a Patriot fan excuse.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
While I am certain the cheaters would have been victorious without the aid of the deflated balls. It is unquestionably true that an under inflated ball is much easier to grip, throw, and catch. ESPECIALLY in cold rainy conditions.

Mike and Mike had 3 different QBs on their show this morning who said that it definitely makes a big difference.

Each team does have the ability, as long as they stay within the stated limits, to adjust their game balls to the QB's liking. Apparently Eli has a very specific feel that he's developed over the years and he is very particular about the exact inflation of the Giant's balls. Why do you think that the league allows each team to have their own set of balls for offense... so they can adjust them WITHIN THE RULES to their preference. Kickers have their own balls too.

Brady undoubtedly wanted the balls under inflated. His input on the preference had to be the deciding factor. Belicheat made sure it happened.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
FYI Rich Eisen is currently on a rant on his show about how it didn't effect the outcome and the balls were apparently reinflated in the second half where most of the scoring was done. he's also saying Blount ran the ball most the time anyways like that's an excuse. but holding onto a ball is also easier when deflated so he's just full of shit. so I guess his defense is that cheating doesn't count if your gonna win anyways. wow. so how long have they been doing this now? the investigation will be buried and over in 2 days so w/e. nothing will come of it besides a fine and draft picks at the most cus that's how fucking Goodell does shit. like a corrupt politician

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report: Colts told NFL of inflation concerns after November game vs. Pats

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 21, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdhnmjhmdk4mgy3ztniodi5y2uwndgxotrkn2vknzmw-e1421859166270.jpeg

One of the key moments of “Inflationgate” came when Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the second quarter of Sunday’s AFC title game in Foxborough. Per multiple reports, the ball was deemed to feel a little light, and from there, the NFL got involved.

However, a published report Wednesday says the Colts’ suspicions about the inflation of New England’s footballs date back at least to the regular season matchup with New England on November 16.

And again, an interception — two of them, actually — was the catalyst.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Colts notified the NFL about potential under-inflation after safety Mike Adams picked off Brady twice in New England’s 42-20 victory.

In both cases, ESPN reported, Adams took the ball to the sideline as a memento, then gave it to the team’s equipment staff.

It was then, ESPN said, that the inflation of the footballs came into question.

As with the playoff matchup between the clubs, the Patriots were the far superior team in the November meeting. Moreover, the only three turnovers forced by the Colts in these two games came on the interceptions of footballs that purportedly did not feel right.

Nevertheless, we now have another data point regarding the Colts’ curiosity about the Patriots’ footballs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-concerns-in-november-matchup-with-patriots/

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
If nothing else...

Belicheat's legacy has now been cemented... or maybe deflated is a better description.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

freak that piece of crap.

Can we get an asterisk next to all his Super Bowl "victories"?

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
FYI Rich Eisen is currently on a rant on his show about how it didn't effect the outcome and the balls were apparently reinflated in the second half where most of the scoring was done. he's also saying Blount ran the ball most the time anyways like that's an excuse. but holding onto a ball is also easier when deflated so he's just full of crap. so I guess his defense is that cheating doesn't count if your gonna win anyways. wow. so how long have they been doing this now? the investigation will be buried and over in 2 days so w/e. nothing will come of it besides a fine and draft picks at the most cus that's how freaking Goodell does crap. like a corrupt politician

I used to really like Rich Eisen, and I was glad when he got his new TV show. But Eisen is a shrill shill for the NFL.

Eisen denies he's a shill, but the gentleman protests too much methinks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Deflated balls are easier for Runningbacks to secure and are less likely to be fumbled or stripped. Also easier to throw. Each team uses its own balls so it was not an even match up.

Besides cheating is cheating.

I would love for this to be the least watched SB in history. The fans should take a stand.

Instead of the SuperBowl it is now the SuperFarce and the league looks like a joke if they mishandle this situation.

ARod, Mark Maguire, Jose Canseco,Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Pete Rose may never get into the HOF and are disgraces that were beat down by the media. Instead Belicheat is praised. Baseball looks like it has much more integrity than th NFL ever has.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I used to really like Rich Eisen, and I was glad when he got his new TV show. But Eisen is a shrill shill for the NFL.

Eisen denies he's a shill, but the gentleman protests too much methinks.

NFL Network, .com, and ESPN has nothing to gain by making this look bad. It is the exact opposite. So the NFaiL has media protection. Only the fans can change the outcome and uniting millions of fans to abort the SuperBowl is not likely to happen.