“The Hunted”: Truth or Myth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think it's mostly hyperbole (like pretty much everything these days). IMO the Rams have had a "target on their back" since probably 2018. Nobody likes the new darling of the league, especially when they have a young, outspoken coach and have success so quickly.

Last year, the Rams were dubbed a "dream team". More motivation (if you believe in that) for teams to want to beat them, right? I think the Rams are fine regardless. Bring the noise bitches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Every team goes hard on Sunday, but… the Champs are the measuring stick. :thumbsup1:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not a myth.
Anyone thinks TB, SF twice and AZ twice, Vegas, Bills and GB aren’t bringing it this year is kidding themselves.

After the way they all lost?
Staff stole their soul, and they’re still looking to get it back.

Too bad for them, but we are getting their absolute best.

Gonna’ be great games.
But we already know the outcome.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think there's definitely teams that get a target put on their backs, that is to say their opponents are looking to make a statement.

Look no further than last year's game against the Lions, you think Goff and co. didn't play harder that game than any other game they played last season?

But the Rams weren't defending champs last season. I agree though, that some teams like the ones drafting first might make the Rams game their "super bowl".

But it's possible that McVay and company keeps the team motivated and hungry to get another ring. You can bet Bobby Wagner didn't sign with the Rams only for the money. He sees a legitimate chance to win another ring.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
100% true. Football is an emotional game.

The Bills have something to prove and our week 1 matchup will give us all we can handle.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know... Rudy went hard every play of every practice, even though he was only on the actual team for one game.

Of course, that was before he became a "pump and dump" stock scam artist (but I digress).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's absolutely true, and to prove it, I'll use one of my own recent experiences: playing boccia Nationals. My last game (at that point, I was 2-3) was against a guy who had not been beaten yet. Yeah, I was in it to have fun and meet people, but I'm a competitive bitch, and I wanted to win to not only bring me up to .500 (while it wouldn't have gotten me a medal, it would at least be better than a losing record.), but beat the man who was undefeated.

Long story short, I won, and I won big.

The Rams' opponents are likely even more insanely competitive than I am, so you bet your ass they'll be gunning for us.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dunno. I'm not sure beating us means more than beating a division rival. Buffalo wants to beat us. But do that want it as bad as they want to beat Belicheck and the Patriots? I don't think so. Same as the AFC west teams who hate each other. Sure, we'll see teams play the Rams with more intensity. But its more due to knowing how good they are than being defending champs.