The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Schrager and Mcvay are very chatty. It's possible.

Proves all the talk wasn't just some aggressive form of "motivation." I could tell by McVays recent tone and body language he was fed up with Goff.

Wonder what we can get for him, and will it be enough to package for Watson? McVay isnt stupid, trading Goff just for Stafford isnt a bit upgrade at all. If we trade Goff we will be going all in for Watson and given all the big names we've got lately I think we pull it off.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schrager seems to have some of the best Rams insight. Mike Silvers kind of did when Fisher was around.
Exactly. Years ago, before the controversy, he seemed to always have something exclusive to say about the Rams.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Proves all the talk wasn't just some aggressive form of "motivation." I could tell by McVays recent tone and body language he was fed up with Goff.

Wonder what we can get for him, and will it be enough to package for Watson? McVay isnt stupid, trading Goff just for Stafford isnt a bit upgrade at all. If we trade Goff we will be going all in for Watson and given all the big names we've got lately I think we pull it off.
It's gotta be a late first of multiple seconds. Our fan base is frustrated with Goff because it feels like he's reached his peak here, but he's still a top 16-18 qb.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Time will reveal amigo, at this point who really knows, I’ll go on record as disagreeing with your take

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Goff has never had an elite line. Not even close. If he did, we would have won the super bowl. An elite line would be the redskins hogs or the Cowboys line that Emit ran behind. An elite line can run the ball when every one knows what you are going to do.
IMO......Elite OL's appear to be a myth in today's NFL.

If a QB requires his OL to be close to an elite OL then he will never have an overall successful career QB in the NFL. Building & keeping a good pass blocking OL is very hard, very rare, very expensive. Certainly will require a lot of the team resources that will produce major holes throughout the rest of the team units.

Those QB's will almost always be mediocre. There is no reason to pay them a yearly salary of close to $35 million or 20% of the teams salary cap.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff will be moved.

Then the most staunch supporters will continue their voyage of acceptance by transferring their righteous anger to the Rams and McVay. They will hate whoever comes in to replace him. Why was Goff replaced they don't understand and never will.

The Rams will draft Mond or similar and he will compete with a group of mobile options. There will likely be a vet added too and there will be real competition.

The Rams offense will jump in 2021 from 22nd in scoring to the 10th range. Some fans will still be angry because Goff isn't our QB.

I think this is a likely result for this offseason. IMO the plan will end up being to draft their new QB and sit him while Wolford or similar keeps the job warm. Why have I arrived at this ridiculous position? Because the draft is where vision can find you a future at QB. And Mond is the type of guy McVay will want, that mold.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff will be moved.

Then the most staunch supporters will continue their voyage of acceptance by transferring their righteous anger to the Rams and McVay. They will hate whoever comes in to replace him. Why was Goff replaced they don't understand and never will.

The Rams will draft Mond or similar and he will compete with a group of mobile options. There will likely be a vet added too and there will be real competition.

The Rams offense will jump in 2021 from 22nd in scoring to the 10th range. Some fans will still be angry because Goff isn't our QB.

I think this is a likely result for this offseason. IMO the plan will end up being to draft their new QB and sit him while Wolford or similar keeps the job warm. Why have I arrived at this ridiculous position? Because the draft is where vision can find you a future at QB. And Mond is the type of guy McVay will want, that mold.
As one of his most staunch supporters I won’t like it .. but you bet your ass I’ll Support whoever is under centre ... but I’ll be throwing I told you so’s if we are sitting at home while goff makes the playoffs in his team

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As one of his most staunch supporters I won’t like it .. but you bet your ass I’ll Support whoever is under centre ... but I’ll be throwing I told you so’s if we are sitting at home while goff makes the playoffs in his team

If we move Goff to someplace like Indy, he makes the playoffs, and the Rams are sitting at home next year come playoff time, then McMartz needs to be put on the hot seat, especially after we are put in a position where we will have to eat a shitload of dead cap either this coming season or the next. The team will have effectively paid him to light it up elsewhere while our team is on the couch come January.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Goff will be moved.

I take offense to that, seriously, I don’t need the likes of you to psycho analyze my thought process...especially coming from a guy who just changed his AV from...lol

Bingo

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I'd have to think that if Goff is traded, then even his supporters will move on from that. He's our QB right now, so we support him. But a trade of Goff is understandable. This isn't a Dickerson type of trade. I think we should keep Goff -- but i understand why McVay would want to find someone else. We move on from Gurley/Peters/Cooks/etc. and nobody pined for them constantly. We'll move on from Goff, if traded, as well.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm hearing Stan Kroenke will pay thirty million dollars to the Detroit Lions to sweeten the (Stafford) deal

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we move Goff to someplace like Indy, he makes the playoffs, and the Rams are sitting at home next year come playoff time, then McMartz needs to be put on the hot seat, especially after we are put in a position where we will have to eat a shitload of dead cap either this coming season or the next. The team will have effectively paid him to light it up elsewhere while our team is on the couch come January.
You say that so much I almost feel like you hope it happens. I get all that.

The difference between you and I is that I understand why McVay is upset with Goff. I tried talking about this after that Miami game even put up stills but the denial was too strong. Fact is that the ones making all the noise about Goff being moved will be the ones that refuse to accept he was part of the problem. And they will refuse to accept that McVay was right to move on.

I've said multiple times I would keep Goff. But I know why he wants to move on and understand it. So I'm not gonna throw a tantrum over it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I take offense to that, seriously, I don’t need the likes of you to psycho analyze my thought process...especially coming from a guy who just changed his AV from...lol
I'm sure you are offended and would expect nothing less. Cheers though my man. :beer2: :cool:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd have to think that if Goff is traded, then even his supporters will move on from that. He's our QB right now, so we support him. But a trade of Goff is understandable. This isn't a Dickerson type of trade. I think we should keep Goff -- but i understand why McVay would want to find someone else. We move on from Gurley/Peters/Cooks/etc. and nobody pined for them constantly. We'll move on from Goff, if traded, as well.

It depends in large part how his replacement does and how Goff does with his new team. And it's different at QB because that position is harder to fill than any other, hence the huge salaries. Losing Gurley sucked, but we had already lost him in a sense when his knee issues flared up and made him less effective. Cooks is one concussion away from a career ender. Peters was a mixed bag in his time here, showing some great assets but also some huge liabilities - and in his case, the guy that effectively replaced him (Ramsey) was so obviously superior that Peters was not missed.

Goff on the other hand is a relatively young QB, a pocket passer who is still not entered his prime. For moving him to look good, either Goff needs to totally collapse with his new team or his replacement has to be obviously superior. The only obviously superior option that we have any sort of chance of acquiring is Watson, and that's a long shot and a very heavy cost.

If the new guy doesn't provide an instant, obvious upgrade over Goff over a whole season, people are going to start questioning the move. If Goff lights it up with another team, people are going to start wondering why McVay couldn't have gotten that production here without going through all the offseason drama and dead cap. If both of those things happen ... look out.

We've seen this movie before in Ramville, and I have a bad feeling we are walking right down that same road again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have to think that if Goff is traded, then even his supporters will move on from that.
History says differently. People get stupidly attached to QBs. And I'm fine with that for the most part but we've reached the point where the denial and anger is fracturing the board. IMO. So by pointing it out my hope is that helps. Even though I know it won't. :ROFLMAO: