That onside kick is still bothering me.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are we talking deflated balls being played with again?
Maybe, Because the Kids name is Marquez, and the way Triplette's crew allow him to be hit with-out a Flag, should be Called "Deflated-Cojones-gate!?!"(y):D

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The refs screwed the pooch, not only on this play, but many others. I have re-watched the TD pass from Wilson to Graham and #76 had false started, and it wasn't even close. He had at least 3-4 additional false starts. I don't know how they could miss them but they did. No face mask call when Foles scored too. The incompetency of the refs is unbelievable. The game has gotten too fast for some of the older refs, and the young refs are still learning how to call a game.

Bottom line is we were able to overcome and won the game. Shows this young team is growing up. Now onto Washington and another RAMS win!

RamWoodie

Legend
Once it was determined Marquez called fair catch why wasn't there flags thrown once he was leveled by the defense? Isn't he by rule protected from contact or interfering with his attempt to catch the ball? Been bugging me all week....
It's basically like was said on "101 Fast Lane" the refs did the best they could after realizing they made a mistake. Remember you can't call a penalty that wasn't called during the play. I was really happy the refs got it right after that play really caught them off guard!

I'm still very impressed with Marquez having the presence of mind to call a fair catch! I've seen the play about 5 times now and I'm convinced it was no *fluke* of his hands...he actually called for a fair catch...GREAT THINKING!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
A brain fart by the officals. They didn't throw a flag because they assumed it was kicked into the ground. Once they decided it wasn't, they should have dropped a flag (like they do for intentional grounding after a discussion). Has Fisher commented on why there was no flag? Or the NFL?
This is it, they blew the call initially on two fronts.

fearsomefour

Legend
I do love that it was Marquez getting that ball. I like it when the undrafted guys contribute.

bskrilla

Starter
Remember you can't call a penalty that wasn't called during the play.

While this may technically be a rule I feel like this is done all the time. I feel like I recall a number of times where there's confusion on a play, the refs convene, and then come out with a penalty that wasn't initially called.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The refs screwed the pooch, not only on this play, but many others. I have re-watched the TD pass from Wilson to Graham and #76 had false started, and it wasn't even close. He had at least 3-4 additional false starts. I don't know how they could miss them but they did. No face mask call when Foles scored too. The incompetency of the refs is unbelievable. The game has gotten too fast for some of the older refs, and the young refs are still learning how to call a game.

Bottom line is we were able to overcome and won the game. Shows this young team is growing up. Now onto Washington and another RAMS win!
I'm not one to look for a conspiracy, But, I think someone wanted the 'Hags to Win, But they couldn't pull it off!!:shades:

Off Topic - I still love your Avatar! I love to Vacation in Montana whenever I have the chance!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm not one to look for a conspiracy, But, I think someone wanted the 'Hags to Win, But they couldn't pull it off!!:shades:

Off Topic - I still love your Avatar! I love to Vacation in Montana whenever I have the chance!

If you're ever close to Butte or Flathead Lake let me know. I would love to connect.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you're ever close to Butte or Flathead Lake let me know. I would love to connect.
You got it my friend!! I usually go to Bozeman, I have close friends their. But I'll keep you in mind!!
How far away is Flathead Lake!?!

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Totally over it, moving on to the Redskins. As a matter of fact, I was over it the moment we were officially 1-0.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally over it, moving on to the Redskins. As a matter of fact, I was over it the moment we were officially 1-0.
Me too.

Rams won!!

On to Washington. :mad::mad:

MrMotes

Starter
I don't think that's right. That rule's in effect if the kicking team recovers.

A.R. 16.2 ONSIDE KICK
On the opening kickoff of overtime, Team A (Seahawks) legally recovers the ball at the 41.
Ruling: A's (Seahawks) ball, first-and-10 on the 41. A kickoff is considered an opportunity to possess for the receiving team. Team B (Rams) is considered to have had an opportunity to possess the ball.

And the other onsides rule:

A.R. 16.3 ONSIDE KICK
On the opening kickoff of overtime, Team A (Seahawks) attempts an onside kick. A2 legally touches the ball at the 42 but muffs it and it is recovered by B1 (Rams) at the A43.
Ruling: B's (Rams) ball, first-and-10 on the 43. Team A (Seahawks) is not considered to have had an opportunity to possess the ball.

Really seems like an advantage to go for the onsides kick in OT.

If teams start doing this, i think they might change the rule so if you do attempt an onsides kick and the receiving team recovers, they can then win on a FG,,,

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
You got it my friend!! I usually go to Bozeman, I have close friends their. But I'll keep you in mind!!
How far away is Flathead Lake!?!
Butte is only an hour west of Bozeman, and Flathead is about 4 1/2 from Bozeman. It's awesome place to visit, especially going through Glacier National Park. Spectacular views, and plenty to do.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At some point, we should take notice of what a heads up play it was by Marquez to call for the fair catch.

This is a rookie in his first NFL game at the start of overtime against the Seahawks - and he has the presence of mind to get to the spot, throw up the fair catch signal, and come down with the ball.

I don't know if that was just football instincts kicking in or his football processor is already ticking that fast - but either way - you gotta love having a guy like that out there.
I don't know if it was heads up or blind luck because calling the fair catch there has little upside. He still got plowed and had the kicker drove the ball in to the ground first it would have given Seattle a 2nd chance. Great hustle and I was pulling for the kid during pre season. But I'm not sure he knew what he was doing there. Glad it worked out the way it did

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't know if it was heads up or blind luck because calling the fair catch there has little upside. He still got plowed and had the kicker drove the ball in to the ground first it would have given Seattle a 2nd chance. Great hustle and I was pulling for the kid during pre season. But I'm not sure he knew what he was doing there. Glad it worked out the way it did

I think he knew it didn't hit the ground - in which case - there is every reason to call a fair catch. Nothing but upside, in fact.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Mike Perrera - I think that's his name - basically said they should have called it to really get it right in his video clip.

I read that the call to get it right came illegally from the replay booth anyway so I'm just glad they didn't rekick.
What I heard was it was the Rams in-house Replay official running the stadium video boards. He supposedly violated some rule about showing the video immediately ... which the refs saw, and in turn they reversed their call after seeing it ... before replay was even done officially.

Anyone else hear about this?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At some point, we should take notice of what a heads up play it was by Marquez to call for the fair catch.

This is a rookie in his first NFL game at the start of overtime against the Seahawks - and he has the presence of mind to get to the spot, throw up the fair catch signal, and come down with the ball.

I don't know if that was just football instincts kicking in or his football processor is already ticking that fast - but either way - you gotta love having a guy like that out there.

Marquez was really was impressive in this game. He had a HUGE block on Tavon's punt return too, right at the sideline, to spring him the rest of the way.

Real smart, heady, player. (y)

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
What I heard was it was the Rams in-house Replay official running the stadium video boards. He supposedly violated some rule about showing the video immediately ... which the refs saw, and in turn they reversed their call after seeing it ... before replay was even done officially.

Anyone else hear about this?

If so give the guy a raise.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I often wonder if the Refs resent Fisher for being on the rules committee because they feel he shows them up on the field with more complete knowledge of the rule book.

@dieterbrock Calling fair catch had total upside as long as the ball didn't hit the ground. Calling fair catch would mean they are not allowed to tackle him and jar the ball loose. On-sides kicks are rarely to never returned.