That onside kick is still bothering me.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Once it was determined Marquez called fair catch why wasn't there flags thrown once he was leveled by the defense? Isn't he by rule protected from contact or interfering with his attempt to catch the ball? Been bugging me all week....

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Boggles my mind how no one discusses this at all. Fisher is usually on top of this stuff but it doesn't seem like anyone has asked about it. So strange.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
A brain fart by the officals. They didn't throw a flag because they assumed it was kicked into the ground. Once they decided it wasn't, they should have dropped a flag (like they do for intentional grounding after a discussion). Has Fisher commented on why there was no flag? Or the NFL?

In his Monday Presser I believe he said he did bring it up to the refs after that whole onside mess was sorted out. Refs told him that they we're going to just spot it where the fair catch was made, don't think it was reviewable after the fact but they knew they messed up.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Mike Perrera - I think that's his name - basically said they should have called it to really get it right in his video clip.

I read that the call to get it right came illegally from the replay booth anyway so I'm just glad they didn't rekick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bugs me too. But I suppose once you get the ball back and your starting field position is the 50, and with the way the refs screwed the pooch most of the game, I wonder if you don't just take the ball and snap it before they come up with some other mistaken ruling that only leaves us complaining about it the next week after they find a way to give the shitchickens the ball. Long enough sentence?

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
There was no excuse the refs messed up, supposedly fixed it and still didn't get it rite.Sea got 3-4 bad calls go their way and still couldn't beat us and they know it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There should have been a flag on the play and Fisher discussed it in a couple pressers that have been posted on the site this week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Once it was determined Marquez called fair catch why wasn't there flags thrown once he was leveled by the defense? Isn't he by rule protected from contact or interfering with his attempt to catch the ball? Been bugging me all week....
Like @PARAM said, Triplette's crew simply screwed it up. Not only did they get the initial call wrong, but they got the new call wrong as well. I don't know how that crew can operate with impunity like that. Fisher TOLD THEM that they had to call a penalty after reversing the call, but Triplettte said, "Meh. We'll just give you the ball there." What? How does the NFL allow refs to simply make shit up as they go and not have a system of harsh checks and balances in place for such incompetence? And this isn't the first time he's done this. You can google Triplette's bad calls and there will be PAGES of it. How this jackhole still has a job is beyond my comprehension.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What p!sses me off is they almost made the Seahawks re-kick. Triplette had to be talked out of that call by his crew WTF. Somebody had some cash on the Seahawks IMO.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like @PARAM said, Triplette's crew simply screwed it up. Not only did they get the initial call wrong, but they got the new call wrong as well. I don't know how that crew can operate with impunity like that. Fisher TOLD THEM that they had to call a penalty after reversing the call, but Triplettte said, "Meh. We'll just give you the ball there." What? How does the NFL allow refs to simply make crap up as they go and not have a system of harsh checks and balances in place for such incompetence? And this isn't the first time he's done this. You can google Triplette's bad calls and there will be PAGES of it. How this jackhole still has a job is beyond my comprehension.

I listened to the Super Happy Fun Hour right after I posted this. Another great job X. Theme song cracked me up.
Maybe it helps to hate the Patriots but that podcast was hilarious.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
There was no excuse the refs messed up, supposedly fixed it and still didn't get it rite.Sea got 3-4 bad calls go their way and still couldn't beat us and they know it.
Which, IMO, shows how truly dominant we are. To regain the lead three different times AND overcoming the adversity of those bogus ass penalties, really has me stoked for post-season possibilities! :D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It seems like every year "Triplette's Crew" is involved in something really wacky!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
So you are allowed to call fair catch on kickoffs? If so, then I think that rule should be changed since you are allowed to recover, unlike punts.

Let's say there's a high pooch and the kickoff team gets there in time to catch or tip it. If the guy waives his hand, the kickoff team has to crowd around and hope he drops it? IMO, that's bullshit - it should be any man's ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So you are allowed to call fair catch on kickoffs? If so, then I think that rule should be changed since you are allowed to recover, unlike punts.

Let's say there's a high pooch and the kickoff team gets there in time to catch or tip it. If the guy waives his hand, the kickoff team has to crowd around and hope he drops it? IMO, that's bullcrap - it should be any man's ball.
That's why they make you kick it into the ground.
If you pooch it or loft it, it has the same protections of a punt.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Fisher discussed this on the Rich Eisen show. the officials fucked up..again. they flagged Marquez for calling fair catch on a ball they claimed had hit the ground on the kick and was a free ball. so Fisher told them that and they knew they fucked up so instead of correcting it and giving the penalty against Seattle they just told Fisher he could have it at the spot.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Bugs me too. But I suppose once you get the ball back and your starting field position is the 50, and with the way the refs screwed the pooch most of the game, I wonder if you don't just take the ball and snap it before they come up with some other mistaken ruling that only leaves us complaining about it the next week after they find a way to give the shitchickens the ball. Long enough sentence?

As the self-anointed king of the run-on sentence, I feel compelled say, STRONG WORK MY FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned from one of the best..One of my bros-in-law audited sub-calculus just for fun...He couldn't spell his name, nor did he know the function of a period...

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Which, IMO, shows how truly dominant we are. To regain the lead three different times AND overcoming the adversity of those bogus ass penalties, really has me stoked for post-season possibilities! :D
Agree they're only get better from here because that was a big hurdle they cleared. Even though it was only one game they showed they can do it against a top defense no less.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I just think that the officials got a little bit confused and flustered, but I also think that there was a high risk of that kick being re-taken, lets not over-think it ;)