Teams are looking hard at Manziel and RGIII

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
RG3 and Caepercrap... man I hate both of those dudes. With our defense I think they could help us win more than what we have currently IF we had the right OC to go with them. Someone who understands their strengths and weaknesses. It would take a perfect marriage there and not sure Fisher is up to the task.

I'm actually afraid that Fish will want Kaepernick. He's the type of QB that Fish had his most success with, after all. I could see the Rams going all simple with their scheme with him at QB, it's like my worst nightmare right now tbh.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm actually afraid that Fish will want Kaepernick. He's the type of QB that Fish had his most success with, after all. I could see the Rams going all simple with their scheme with him at QB, it's like my worst nightmare right now tbh.

Agreed, he's certainly the most Steve McNair like QB that'll be available. Except Kap has lesser throwing skills than McNair had. The offense is already pretty dumbed down... I mean really how many different plays did it seem like we used this past season? Seemed like our playbook could have been written out on the front and back of one piece of paper. But you're right they'd have to keep it simple. Which might work but our o-line would have to make a huge step forward (which is possible they are young) in the run game. If they can open up space for Gurley even when the box is stacked and simple Kap passing game could work. We'd just have to not care when he whips a ball 90 mph over someone's head every other pass play lol.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Thought I read somewhere that RG3 behaved like an actual teammate after being benched.Granted he was probably inactive for alot of games but still didn't make any negative news wire news If he can be fixed and has learned its not all about him but a team effort I'd take a chance.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If there is a QB in the league who doesn't have major question marks, then they never make it to free agency.

That's the reality.

You either take a spin of the wheel in the draft, pay on the trade market, or take one of these 2nd/3rd chance guys.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The free agent QB class this year is more intriguing than usual.

RGIII
Manziel
possibly Kaep
Bradford

Any one of those 4 would make me feel a lot better about the QB situation but none of them would make me feel like we have the position locked down.

If I had to order them:
Bradford
Kaep
RGIII
Manziel

I would prefer to stay away form the above list. However It might be interesting to note that Colin Kaepernick was @ Nevada for 5 yrs before his 5 yrs in San Fran & lived most of his life in California. Kaepernick could be an easy sign for the LA Rams. Of the 4, I still think that Kaepernick is fixable & has been humbled seriously this last season. Kaep could relish the opportunity to play the 9ers twice a year!

I think Kaep could be had @ a cap friendly price for the Rams being able to stay in an area he prefers & then have the opportunity to regain his former game status which he craves. The Rams still could draft a top gun thrower in the draft, with Mannion, Kennum & Foles & Kaep in competition would go well. A very good defense, strong running game & a solid OL play should elevate Kaep's game to his previous level of the 2012/2013 era seasons :bueller:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kaep has not been released yet - Chip Kelly may keep him. Right?
Its possible but if Chip is thinking Kaep still has a future as a winner & long term as a regular running option QB ......will just add to his long list of bad decisions. Kaep has no long term future as a major player in an option.

nighttrain

Legend
My main concern about RG3 is that even if he can mentally recover from the Washington debacle, he is so slight of build that I just don't think he can last. Dude is really small framed.
To quote Ken Stabler (Raiders), "I've seen a lot to good young running QB's, but no old ones
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't want either and I really hope that this is not Fisher and Sneads answer to, ' another offseason of searching for a QB'. I wanted the Rams to draft RGIII after watching him in college. But after seeing him in the Pros I knew I was about as wrong as I could be. I don't think it is time to revisit the idea.....ever.
" BIG DITTO's!!"

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The Cowboys will probably get Johnny Faggot, and I'll have to go out of my way to boo him and talk shit every chance I get.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be good with us signing RGIII to a prove it deal. But I'd still draft a QB.

Id actually prefer Manziel because I think RGIii is so broken. When a guy can't even line up under center, properly assess the defense and take a seven step drop (he was taking 6 or 8 or more and his line didn't know where to set the edge) I don't how he's ever going to play.

I'll take that over a guy that can't even find the Center because he's too liquored up after his Vegas trip to get to the stadium.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

IMO Sam Bradford fits the Dallas offense very good. Having a quick release accurate thrower like Sam behind one of the best OL's in the NFL would work. They would need to get a good RB to go with Romo & Sam. Big issue with this is Sam's contract demands would be way too high for Dallas.

ViennaMax

Rookie
i still believe that RG3 has the talent to make it in the nfl - with a fresh start and the right persons around him (although i don't know if we have the "right persons")

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think they go for Manzeil, his Texas fan following almost dictates it, especially silly with Jerry counted among them. I can see the headlinemidseason next year. Manzeil doing a line of coke at a party sitting next to Jerry with powder on his nostrils.

I'd be good with us signing RGIII to a prove it deal. But I'd still draft a QB.

I'll take that over a guy that can't even find the Center because he's too liquored up after his Vegas trip to get to the stadium.

They have to draft a QB. That would make RGIII or Mannion the primary back-up.

IMO Sam Bradford fits the Dallas offense very good. Having a quick release accurate thrower like Sam behind one of the best OL's in the NFL would work. They would need to get a good RB to go with Romo & Sam. Big issue with this is Sam's contract demands would be way too high for Dallas.

He would be a good back-up.

i still believe that RG3 has the talent to make it in the nfl - with a fresh start and the right persons around him (although i don't know if we have the "right persons")

Chuckies brother is good with QBs, if he couldn't fix him, how can Fisher?