TAVON AUSTIN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he's starting to get it at WR...which is nice. Because when he establishes himself as a threat as a WR, those screens will open up.
image.png

jap

Legend
Sherman still never played the ball. He played Tavon. There should have been a flag.

. . . but, but, but, he's Richard Sherman, a Stanford graduate and the self-proclaimed best CB in the business---he can't possibly be flagged, ever!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry Rice is not the GOAT imo, any player that admits to using stick'em should not be worthy of such a title.

Moss played on the Patriots.

Plus, the gloves they use today give you the same advantage.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mentioned this in another thread, I think not having many RBs limited our use of Tavon today. I doubt we see him in the backfield as much going forward.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Moss played on the Patriots.

Plus, the gloves they use today give you the same advantage.
Well Moss was such a phenom at the WR, the original "take the top off the defense". Never seen a guy snag passes like Randy. Sure he played for NE but I never heard any stories about him doing something dirty. Go back to the Minnesota days when he was paired with Cris Carter dude was an animal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Moss was such a phenom at the WR, the original "take the top off the defense". Never seen a guy snag passes like Randy. Sure he played for NE but I never heard any stories about him doing something dirty. Go back to the Minnesota days when he was paired with Cris Carter dude was an animal.

Except he wasn't the original. I'm taking Rice over Moss every time. You know what Rice is going to give you every down and game. And you know what he'll give you year after year.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Except he wasn't the original. I'm taking Rice over Moss every time. You know what Rice is going to give you every down and game. And you know what he'll give you year after year.
To each his own man.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
. . . but, but, but, he's Richard Sherman, a Stanford graduate and the self-proclaimed best CB in the business---he can't possibly be flagged, ever!!!
I smell sarcasim lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Woah woah woah. I like Cignetti and think he called an amazing game today, but let's be real, Tavon had plenty of games even BETTER than todays under Schotty. The PR TD was nice, but has nothing to do with the O Coordinator. Other than the TD run he actually didn't do a ton today. Not ragging on him, but let's not act like this was some unparralled performance by him on offense.

He had 17 rush yards, -2 rec yards, and 2 TDs.
Fixed;)

And I agree...I want more outs, slants, arrow routes, you know, slot wr stuff...

RamWoodie

Legend
Here's the deal:

Have some patience, and let a player grow! Tavon was not drafted to throw in a microwave. He had to learn and process how to use his talent...and then put him in situations where he can have success!

This is year 3...and it's coming to fruition...(but didn't we know that when he scored 3 TDs against the Colts?).

Is anyone surprised by his performance today's game?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woah woah woah. I like Cignetti and think he called an amazing game today, but let's be real, Tavon had plenty of games even BETTER than todays under Schotty. The PR TD was nice, but has nothing to do with the O Coordinator. Other than the TD run he actually didn't do a ton today. Not ragging on him, but let's not act like this was some unparralled performance by him on offense.

He had 17 rush yards, -2 rec yards, and a TD.

I need to see more.

If he runs sideways one more time, why... I'll.... :mad::mad:

V3

Hall of Fame
I see better usage of Austin in the running game(though they still tried running him in the middle :mad:) but I'm still not seeing him much in the passing game. He is a WR. I want to see receptions. Props to him doing what he did but I still want to see him being a big factor as a WR.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Once they can get the play action going I definitely want to see some deep routes from Austin. Like in the Texans game a couple years ago.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
This is what I envisioned for Tavon. I was never expecting him to be the kind of guy who will have 10 catches for over a hundred yards. What I was hoping for was what we saw yesterday, six or eight touches and two TDs. If we were targeting him 15 times a game I doubt his small frame would be able to handle it anyway.

…..

Legend
Grats to Austin on his two Touchdown game, it was good to see him so involved.

I'm not sold on his offensive game just yet, andstill feel like we're forcing the ball to him in certain situations. Some of the plays we're running with him might begin to work when we have all our skill positions available an give the defense more to think about.